2024/08/09 - Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Lindsay

@Q-Man The waves of hope and despair have been brutal the last couple days lol. :lol: When I look at the hourly breakdowns on various apps now, the night appears mostly clear, of course with a “chance of” something, but that’s kinda every summer night in this area. I’ve been seeing different reports from meteorologists so it’s a bit confusing — some are looking at models that have this thing outta here by like 5:30, others later. I think there’s good reason to be hopeful right now, though.

What happens if it's stormy for Green Day at CBP?

So, with another Bryan show at The Linc Wednesday night and one Friday from punk rock icons Green Day at Citizens Bank Park with rain the forecast, how will fans know if the severe weather affects their plans?

A Citizens Bank Park ticketing office representative said, ''The show [Green Day] is still planning to perform on Friday and Saturday. If the weather is extreme, there is a possibility of a delay, and if it's rained out, it will need to be rescheduled.''

Fans should stay updated by checking Green Day's and Citizens Bank Park's social media ahead of and during the Friday, Aug. 9, concert.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/weather/stories-weather/severe-storms-lzach-bryan-green-day-concert-weekend/3936936/

• Like 3

Has anyone seen what times the doors open at Citizens Bank Park? 

I know the tickets say the show starts at 5:30.

13 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

Doors are at 4 p.m. @Edb

Thanks so much!

If you look at setlistFM for the Green Day set in Philly it says Green Day is set to start at 11:05pm. 

I haven’t seen this anywhere else and I’m sure it’s to be taken with a grain of salt, but maybe?

3 hours ago, GabrielJ said:

If you look at setlistFM for the Green Day set in Philly it says Green Day is set to start at 11:05pm. 

I haven’t seen this anywhere else and I’m sure it’s to be taken with a grain of salt, but maybe?

Anyone can update setlistFM. I wouldn't put any stock in that. 

Nope, as far as we know Green Day has the same 820-8:30 start time as normal. Setlist.FM wouldn’t have delay info before we do, and curfew is usually 11–11:30 so that doesn’t make sense!

Looking at the radar on my AccuWeather app, it looks like the vast majority of the storm is already way past us, much earlier than predicted. We might have some lingering storms but I’m shocked at how far beyond us it already is!

• Like 1

Weather is looking better than they’ve been predicting! which is good.

Does anyone also know if the merch stand is gonna be outside? I’m just curious and cause I was gonna have my boyfriend pick up the shirts while I’m lined up.

• Like 1

It looks like the tornado warning should be over by 2pm, and the rain should be over by 10. I don’t see anything about lightning anymore, which was my main concern. 

• Like 2

Anyone know how to get updates on the status of the show, such as postponements, due to the severe storms that are being predicted?

Feeling so grateful I could cry. It’s been an emotional few days but it looks like we’re in great shape weather-wise. We’re lucky as hell!

1 hour ago, xWhatsername_ said:

Weather is looking better than they’ve been predicting! which is good.

Does anyone also know if the merch stand is gonna be outside? I’m just curious and cause I was gonna have my boyfriend pick up the shirts while I’m lined up.

I’m unsure about an outside merch stand just because of the wind today, it might pose an issue. But maybe they have somewhere they can park a that is shielded.

• Like 3

Damn, I guess I should have waited. Pit tickets are at $163 after fees right now. 

We've done it everyone! We've beat the hurricane odds and the show is going on. It's been a stressful week but I'm glad we can all have a great time!!! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I havent seen the city exclusive poster hanging at any of the merch stands thus far… I’m gonna do another loop around though, in case I missed it. 

Hope everyone going tonight has a great time 🎶 

This man is being silly with his geography tonight, lol

also, no OEB tonight. The Linda Lindas apparently were unable to go on so Billie had them perform a song

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Paola17 said:

This man is being silly with his geography tonight, lol

also, no OEB tonight. The Linda Lindas apparently were unable to go on so Billie had them perform a song

Was Jason freese back ?

17 minutes ago, jetsrule128 said:

Was Jason freese back ?

No, Jason isn’t back. I assume he’s sitting the entire tour out to take more time to recover. 

Was super bummed about OEB getting cut. Wish they cut Brain Stew or Minority to bring out The Linda Lindas. Cool move on their part, just wish a song that I've seen played at every show I've been to was cut instead. Incredible show!!!

• Like 1

Really cool that they brought The Linda Lindas out to perform during their own set. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1