2024/08/09 - Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Lindsay

Will be attending this one, but not aiming for pit I think. Or maybe I will, who knows., if it isn't too expensive. It's the calm time at work so a day off would be fine. 

• 5 months later...

I bought my first ever GA ticket for my birthday and just been counting down the days 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...

The Green Dudes will be there.

• Love 1

Hey guys — I didn’t go the traditional route of getting tickets through Ticketmaster so I didn’t get any sort of informational email. Is it doors open at 4 p.m. and standard clear bag requirements? Anything else I should know? Would be much appreciated to know if there’s anything I’m missing, I haven’t been to a concert since 2019.

I thought about calling the venue but then I remembered I could just ask my friends on here. :)

Getting nervous about how this will shake out with the bad weather hitting the east coast later this week — I know venues and performers make every effort for the show to go on for its scheduled date, but if the weather is severe, I hope they don’t delay postponing/canceling until people are already at the stadium.

Since they’ll just be a couple hours away in Hershey on the 10th, I’m wondering if they could postpone Philly to the 11th. Doesn’t seem to be anything going on at the baseball park that day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stories and songs said:

Getting nervous about how this will shake out with the bad weather hitting the east coast later this week — I know venues and performers make every effort for the show to go on for its scheduled date, but if the weather is severe, I hope they don’t delay postponing/canceling until people are already at the stadium.

Since they’ll just be a couple hours away in Hershey on the 10th, I’m wondering if they could postpone Philly to the 11th. Doesn’t seem to be anything going on at the baseball park that day.

That’s my worries currently as well☹️ I’m just crossing my fingers storms go around us and everything is good by the time it starts.

When I saw them a few years back during hella mega, it did rain as well but no lighting or anything too severe and the show was able to still go on and with no ‘delays’ and etc.

• Like 1

From what I'm seeing now it shows just rain in the forecast. I hope it changes or at least stays as is. I can deal with rain during the show and as long as the wind isn't crazy, I don't see them canceling for just rain. 

• Like 1

Agreed @Q-Man. For a few days it was saying thunderstorms, now it’s just saying rain, so that’s a positive. As long as the rain isn’t extreme, I’m sure the show will be able to go on, so we’re trending in the right direction!

5 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

Agreed @Q-Man. For a few days it was saying thunderstorms, now it’s just saying rain, so that’s a positive. As long as the rain isn’t extreme, I’m sure the show will be able to go on, so we’re trending in the right direction!

I'm traveling from NY for this show so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my hopes high for this!

• Like 2

I’m back to feeling sad and pessimistic about the weather. :unsure: This summer has been so dry in the Philly area, I seriously can’t believe the timing of this damn tropical storm. I hope it does something unexpected in the next two days that gets it away from here or slows it down or something. Ugh.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, stories and songs said:

I’m back to feeling sad and pessimistic about the weather. :unsure: This summer has been so dry in the Philly area, I seriously can’t believe the timing of this damn tropical storm. I hope it does something unexpected in the next two days that gets it away from here or slows it down or something. Ugh.

Me too unfortunately. It was looking better for a bit, but now I'm not so sure. 

Right. What I really want to know, is the lightning situation. Right now, from what I see, it looks like thunderstorms are in the area until around 7-8pm or so and if that's the case... it'll definitely play a part in delaying the show.

I ordered a rain poncho the other day and keep checking the weather to see if there’s been any changes, but they keep changing it about every hour or so and so it’s still not 100% certain if there’s *gonna* be thunder during the times the shows start. I’m just hoping it’s light- med rain or nothing at all.

Just gotta remain hopeful, it was supposed to storm here all day as well but it’s just been bright and sunny out. (I’m 20 mins from philly)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Q-Man said:

Me too unfortunately. It was looking better for a bit, but now I'm not so sure. 

Now I think it might be looking better! The storm is trending west of Philly, so we might get the edge of it, but it’s looking like maybe just light rain on Friday night.

2 hours ago, xWhatsername_ said:

I ordered a rain poncho the other day and keep checking the weather to see if there’s been any changes, but they keep changing it about every hour or so and so it’s still not 100% concern if there’s *gonna* be thunder during the times the shows start. I’m just hoping it’s light- med rain or nothing at all.

Just gotta remain hopeful, it was supposed to storm here all day as well but it’s just been bright and sunny out. (I’m 20 mins from philly)

I wish I could say the same. It's been cloudy here all day (which, tbh, has been lovely compared to the recent heat).

I think an important thing to note here is that these event venues have sophisticated weather tracking of their own to make sure games and concerts can move forward. They likely know more than we do, or at least have a better idea of how it could impact the stadium specifically — Philadelphia encompasses a huge area, and the baseball park is right on the eastern edge of the border, right across the bridge to NJ. 

I can tell you as someone who lives in an NJ suburb of Philly that we got dumped on last night for hours with thunderstorms, and I saw that a concert at Eagles Stadium (also open air) was able to take place after a delay, even though it looked like storms would continue through 1 a.m.

All this to say as a very anxious person, I’m trying my best to chill and have faith the show will go on, and that if it doesn’t it won’t be our weather apps that tell us there’s an issue, but the venue. It seems like we’re going to get very lucky that Debby is going around us, and that’s a huge improvement from a few days ago!

This is so fucking stressful. I’m hoping for an update from Citizens Bank Park today on what the outlook is from their perspective. The weather forecast is all over the place depending on which app/channel you ask, and the venue definitely knows best, so I’m hoping they put us out of our misery today with some kind of update.

I’m so upset that it’s literally just this stretch of the evening that is so up in the air/potentially dangerous.

34 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

This is so fucking stressful. I’m hoping for an update from Citizens Bank Park today on what the outlook is from their perspective. The weather forecast is all over the place depending on which app/channel you ask, and the venue definitely knows best, so I’m hoping they put us out of our misery today with some kind of update.

I’m so upset that it’s literally just this stretch of the evening that is so up in the air/potentially dangerous.

Why not go to the Hershey show?

@nflsbest26 Well, it’s sold out according to GD’s website. Also, I managed to get great seats with special disability accommodations for Philly, which is needed for my group. Not as simple as just going another day for a lot of people, including those who are traveling a distance to get here or are far from Hershey. Trust me, I wish it was that easy. I’ll be devastated if this gets cancelled — haven’t been to a concert in five years and this was meant to be special.

Well, I just bought my ticket for this in the hopes of nothing being cancelled or postponed. I may stop by after work (half day Fridays, woo) to get the patch for Philly. Eh, or maybe I'll just hang out over there.
I'm in section 140, in the first row!

50 minutes ago, nflsbest26 said:

Why not go to the Hershey show?

Not sure about others specifically, but Hershey is not easy to get to/from Philly, as someone who can't drive - particularly on one's return trip that late at night.

• Like 1

I'm actually starting to feel more hopeful on this. From what I'm seeing it seems like the worst is supposed to be in the morning and early evening hours at the moment. 

• Like 2