2024/06/29 - Wembley Stadium, London, United Kingdom

Lindsay

39 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

I was on Mike’s side yes, but because I had got tickets last minute through a resale, I had a seat, not standing (where I like to be given a choice). I was row 15, section 141, so basically the section on the edge of where the seating area ends and the stairs leading to the pit and golden circle are. 

Mind you, I was indeed going crazy haha I think I jumped and sang my heart out for basically every song. Most around me were fairly static, but as the night went on, more and more were dancing and singing to the music too. 

i did mess up the odd lyric though, I think, especially on Dookie (oops) - didn’t care though, I was having too much fun for that :D 

Someone else then but sounds like you had just as much fun! I sometimes don't sing so much and just watch but it was just really fun singing along yesterday especially to Dookie, I wrecked my voice lol

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Like 2
  • Love 2

So I'm going to add further ramblings about my experience.

I'm sad because some people didn't have a great experience with the Wembley staff. Everyone I spoke to was helpful and polite. The only annoying they did, was to say on the website that you could take in a bottle, and then at the entrance took them off you! 🙄 I found the organisation other than this to be great. The queues I encountered were minimal and moved quick, and I felt very safe in the crowd on the way back to tube because they controlled it well. Security even asked us if we were happy with our spot just before GD came, and then said if we weren't they had more space in the other side of the pit! (Next time I might try to stand Jason's side for a change!)

We had front pitch standing tickets, but didn't actually enter the pit until Nothing But Thieves. (I have to admit, I wasn't particularly blown away by them!)😬

We got a spot on Mike's side, roughly in line with the big screen, nearish the front. We had space around us to jump and dance, which was what we wanted. We had a great view until AI, when some tall men pushed infront. I mean we could still see, but not as well and I found them mostly annoying because of how they were messing around. It was quite funny though, because when I was singing the "Nobody likes you" beginning of "Letterbomb", one of them turned around and was conducting me!😆

One thing that I noticed was how much more room was available in the pit on the other side. Before GD, one of the people I went with went to the loo. Security made them walk right around the stadium, and enter the pit from Jason's side. Once they got back to us, they said they could see the Dookie plane. So off we marched so I could get a peek at it just incase it didn't make it around the whole pit!lol! 😆 With only about 15mins before GD came on, the very front corner barrier was still available! I was tempted, but because it was a side on view, I knew I would not be able to see Tre or the stage artwork. 

Watching this whole show was so special. The stage backdrops just set the scene perfectly, and the pyro and lights were spectacular. What I also absorbed though, was watching the musicianship of the guys. It was fascinating watching them, and sometimes I think you kind of forget about it until you witness it. Man, Tre was like a machine!😍 

I think the other thing that struck me, was how much fun the guy's were having. You could just tell.🥰 It really made me feel happy watching that. 

I made an observation about myself at this gig too. At all the other gigs I go too, I sing along. At GD, for some reason I am completely feral and just lose it! I was screaming like I was at a 1D concert or something! When they appeared on stage I let out ear piercing shrieks, and the guy in front turned around and joked about his ears! I did have to say sorry and he laughed!🤣 But I was like it the whole way through. I couldn't just sing along, I was just screaming and shouting the lyrics! I've been trying to figure out why? I think a lot of it was excitement, and knowing that I won't get to see the guys until the next tour. I also think it's because I want them to feel and hear my love for the band. I suppose it's a bit of validation, both ways. 

I do feel a bit embarrassed now thinking back to how I behaved, and I feel a bit sorry for the people standing near me!😆 (Someone I went with did make some comments to me after the show, in jest, about how I was a weirdo for how I behaved, but it has stuck a bit. Tbh I'm a bit emotional at the moment.) But I have made a promise to myself, that next time I get to see the boys, I am not going to behave so feral. I will not scream, but singalong nicely and I will behave like the grown up woman I am, or in the very least try too!😉 

Please come back soon GD! I miss you already.🥰

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Psycho Britney said:

I made an observation about myself at this gig too. At all the other gigs I go too, I sing along. At GD, for some reason I am completely feral and just lose it! I was screaming like I was at a 1D concert or something! When they appeared on stage I let out ear piercing shrieks, and the guy in front turned around and joked about his ears! I did have to say sorry and he laughed!🤣 But I was like it the whole way through. I couldn't just sing along, I was just screaming and shouting the lyrics! I've been trying to figure out why? I think a lot of it was excitement, and knowing that I won't get to see the guys until the next tour. I also think it's because I want them to feel and hear my love for the band. I suppose it's a bit of validation, both ways. 

I do feel a bit embarrassed now thinking back to how I behaved, and I feel a bit sorry for the people standing near me!😆 (Someone I went with did make some comments to me after the show, in jest, about how I was a weirdo for how I behaved, but it has stuck a bit. Tbh I'm a bit emotional at the moment.) But I have made a promise to myself, that next time I get to see the boys, I am not going to behave so feral. I will not scream, but singalong nicely and I will behave like the grown up woman I am, or in the very least try too!😉 

I personally love when people around me are letting loose singing/shouting/screaming like that. I was glad a few people around me were really getting into it that way because it made it more acceptable for me to do it too :lol: and it just generally improves the atmosphere. Me and my sister were getting excited and singing everything and this guy behind us was yelling the lyrics too and we were like hell yeah. Like it's also totally fine to just stay quiet and watch (and I've done so on many occasions) but if everyone does that the whole time the atmosphere isn't as good. One thing I really enjoyed about the crowd is it didn't seem like there was judgement going on either way, there were people jumping around going crazy, people staying still filming and everything in between, but there was space for everyone to do their thing and no dirty looks or drama and everyone could enjoy it their way. No one ever tried to unfairly push in front of us the whole show either which is unprecedented. There's been way rougher GD crowds in the past, people just getting into it and singing along and doing a bit of fangirl screaming is nothing outrageous and should be expected imo. I think as long as you're not harming anyone it's fine to just be as feral or non feral as you feel at the time!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

47 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I personally love when people around me are letting lose singing/shouting/screaming like that. I was glad a few people around me were really getting into it that way because it made it more acceptable for me to do it too :lol: and it just generally improves the atmosphere. Me and my sister were getting excited and singing everything and this guy behind us was yelling the lyrics too and we were like hell yeah. Like it's also totally fine to just stay quiet and watch (and I've done so on many occasions) but if everyone does that the whole time the atmosphere isn't as good. One thing I really enjoyed about the crowd is it didn't seem like there was judgement going on either way, there were people jumping around going crazy, people staying still filming and everything in between, but there was space for everyone to do their thing and no dirty looks or drama and everyone could enjoy it their way. No one ever tried to unfairly push in front of us the whole show either which is unprecedented. There's been way rougher GD crowds in the past, people just getting into it and singing along and doing a bit of fangirl screaming is nothing outrageous and should be expected imo. I think as long as you're not harming anyone it's fine to just be as feral or non feral as you feel at the time!

Thank you so much for saying this. I think I really needed to hear that. You have made me feel a whole lot better about my fangirling.😉🥰

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Psycho Britney said:

Thank you so much for saying this. I think I really needed to hear that. You have made me feel a whole lot better about my fangirling.😉🥰

:hug:If you can't go crazy at a GD show I'm not sure where you can!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Unbelievable evening. As a show, I think maybe the BIAB Milton Keynes Bowl show probably pipped it just because they weren't rattling through two full albums and there was more time for BJA to interact with the crowd that day, but I never thought I'd get to see the band play Dookie and AI front-to-back again. 

To be in the Golden Circle literally meters away from the band and NOT feeling like I'm going to die standing up was amazing for a change. What an experience. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Psycho Britney said:

There is no shame in enjoying a concert, however your enjoyment might look! As long as you are not harming the people around you, singing along, screaming, jumping, dancing, crying, laughing, all of it is fair game. I actually love it when the people around me are like this because it just brings the energy level even higher and makes the experience so much more enjoyable. ☺️

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I ended up about two rows from the front corner of the catwalk and contrary to what else I’ve seen here it was super, super rough - especially the first hour with dookie and no let up. We had a couple in front of us on the barrier who kept roughly shoving backwards, angry we were being shoved into them and trying to keep space between themselves and the barrier  - don’t go on the barrier if you don’t want to be pushed into it! It was ridiculous. 

I also can’t fault the Wembley staff myself going from my own experience. Toward the end of whatsername my friend had to get out (very faint; potential heat stroke) I chose to go with her. The amazing girl next to us immediately alerted security and then everyone helped get my friend out and then I followed and the security and crowd around helped get me out too. Medics were waiting in front of the stage with a chair and then we were taken to the medic area beside the stage and treated really well, given water, offered whatever we needed. Maybe because it was at the end of the show but I couldn’t fault them. We did miss the end but did see the band come past us when they came off stage! And a nice medic gave us a guitar pic too. When my friend was comfortable leaving we asked the best way out without going through the masses and a security guard lead us back past all the trucks and out a side door so we wouldn’t have to go back into the heat. So yeah long story short I can’t fault the service I personally received from security or medics.

Asides from all that incredible show! I think the heat just got a bit too much especially in our area and we had a few bad eggs around us which didn’t help, (apart from the girl who got security’s attention when I noticed my friend wasn’t well) but the band were on top form. Also so lovely to bump into @Hermione and her sister In line again! (This is Lorraine by the way I can’t remember which account I’m logged into lol) So glad to hear you guys got a good spot and had a good time! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CristhyneS said:

There is no shame in enjoying a concert, however your enjoyment might look! As long as you are not harming the people around you, singing along, screaming, jumping, dancing, crying, laughing, all of it is fair game. I actually love it when the people around me are like this because it just brings the energy level even higher and makes the experience so much more enjoyable. ☺️

Thank you!😘

1 hour ago, farley drexel hatcher said:

I also can’t fault the Wembley staff myself going from my own experience. Toward the end of whatsername my friend had to get out (very faint; potential heat stroke) I chose to go with her. The amazing girl next to us immediately alerted security and then everyone helped get my friend out and then I followed and the security and crowd around helped get me out too. Medics were waiting in front of the stage with a chair and then we were taken to the medic area beside the stage and treated really well, given water, offered whatever we needed. Maybe because it was at the end of the show but I couldn’t fault them. We did miss the end but did see the band come past us when they came off stage! And a nice medic gave us a guitar pic too. When my friend was comfortable leaving we asked the best way out without going through the masses and a security guard lead us back past all the trucks and out a side door so we wouldn’t have to go back into the heat. So yeah long story short I can’t fault the service I personally received from security or medics.

Sorry you had to miss the very end, but I'm glad that staff were quick to help you. That's cool that you got a guitar pick and were basically backstage briefly though!lol!😆

35 minutes ago, Psycho Britney said:

Thank you!😘

Sorry you had to miss the very end, but I'm glad that staff were quick to help you. That's cool that you got a guitar pick and were basically backstage briefly though!lol!😆

lol yes it was deffo an experience! Could see all their signage and little walkways, and the one eye bastard guy is on everything haha

i could still hear everything! Though I do wish they’d used the saviors confetti sooner instead of the plain green one lol cause I’d have deffo saved some of that and ended up missing the saviors one 

• Like 1

Probably the best live event I've ever seen. It was amazing, buoyed up by a amazing crowd and being with my Green Day family. :wub:

From IG

“video.cameron 3 Std. • I'm absolutely blessed to have been chosen to be 1 of 22 camera operators for the @greenday The Saviors Tour @wembleystadium show.

Absolutely the largest show l've worked, the team were amazing and an experience l'll never forget. seriously cannot wait to see the final result“

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, farley drexel hatcher said:

I ended up about two rows from the front corner of the catwalk and contrary to what else I’ve seen here it was super, super rough - especially the first hour with dookie and no let up. We had a couple in front of us on the barrier who kept roughly shoving backwards, angry we were being shoved into them and trying to keep space between themselves and the barrier  - don’t go on the barrier if you don’t want to be pushed into it! It was ridiculous. 

Asides from all that incredible show! I think the heat just got a bit too much especially in our area and we had a few bad eggs around us which didn’t help, (apart from the girl who got security’s attention when I noticed my friend wasn’t well) but the band were on top form. Also so lovely to bump into @Hermione and her sister In line again! (This is Lorraine by the way I can’t remember which account I’m logged into lol) So glad to hear you guys got a good spot and had a good time! 

Oh wow glad to hear you got helped and were ok, I guess it was rougher closer to the middle. Awesome to see you again too, love how we always run into you two! 

Gig was amazing, the guys smash it every time, as do the fans!!!! Looking forward to seeing what comes from the footage taken!! 

Wembley needs to do better though. Personally, and my experience as a disabled customer some of the stewards completely sh**ted on my experience and I found some of them so degrading. I have had to begrudgingly pick up my merch from scalpers and resellers online but hey-ho, it is what it is! 

• Like 2

What a show. :wub:

It was amazing hearing Dookie and American Idiot in their entirety and singing along with a packed out stadium (and many of you guys!). Really excited to see what comes of the filming too.

Just a thought, but I wonder if the upcoming American Idiot documentary is already done and dusted or whether they might be planning to splice in footage from this show/tour. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jakdokinori said:

What a show. :wub:

It was amazing hearing Dookie and American Idiot in their entirety and singing along with a packed out stadium (and many of you guys!). Really excited to see what comes of the filming too.

Just a thought, but I wonder if the upcoming American Idiot documentary is already done and dusted or whether they might be planning to splice in footage from this show/tour. 

That would make sense and sounds very plausible.👏

• Love 1

I was there... first Green Day show since Hyde Park, and I cried like a little girl. 

On 7/1/2024 at 3:44 PM, Saviour said:

Unbelievable evening. As a show, I think maybe the BIAB Milton Keynes Bowl show probably pipped it just because they weren't rattling through two full albums and there was more time for BJA to interact with the crowd that day, but I never thought I'd get to see the band play Dookie and AI front-to-back again. 

To be in the Golden Circle literally meters away from the band and NOT feeling like I'm going to die standing up was amazing for a change. What an experience. 

"not feeling like your about to die" is always a good start :P

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Undómiel said:

"not feeling like your about to die" is always a good start :P

Honestly, I was about 5 meters away from the band at Leeds festival 2004 and it was awful. I'm not a small guy, but I had to get crowd surfed out - the entire crowd was surging and shifting and collapsing. I haven't been anywhere near the front of a gig since until now.