2024/06/29 - Wembley Stadium, London, United Kingdom

Lindsay

1 hour ago, jetsrule128 said:

Is today Coley’s last show ?

That was the plan but I guess we’ll know when the US tour starts. Don’t get me wrong I hope Jason is recovered, but Coley has been beyond appreciative and so thrilled to have this gig I kind of would like him to stay. I don’t miss the sax solos at all, they were getting old. 

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Susi Sour cream said:

And there's hope we might get a live DVD or something of this show 🤞🏻 There were a lot of cameras and also two guys constantly filming the crowd and their passes said "Film Wembley" 

Really? That's interesting. I didn't see any!lol

3 hours ago, jengd said:

I think you could feel the band’s love and gratitude this whole tour so far.  That footage of Billie sitting in the stage at the end is just beautiful. 💚🥹💚

I just saw the footage of Billie sitting on the floor at the end of the show 🥹 I feel that is a lot of us at the end of the show too. 

I only have the AI and 21CBD tours to compare to, but he did seem so much more present in the shows in this tour, it was lovely to see. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Susi Sour cream said:

And there's hope we might get a live DVD or something of this show 🤞🏻 There were a lot of cameras and also two guys constantly filming the crowd and their passes said "Film Wembley" 

Been waiting for a live show since the trilogy, so I’ve stopped hoping. 

It’s such a shame that we didn’’t get a live show from the RevRad tour ☹️ 

A Wembley show must be one of the best arenas to record in, imo.

Luckily we already have two festival shows (RaR and Isle of Wight) for now though..

• Like 1

A bunch of videos from this show have just hit YouTube!

Edited by PhuzzyPhriend
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Susi Sour cream said:

Don’t wanna dampen the enthusiasm, I’d love another live album or DVD and I don’t get why they haven’t done one for so long, but there are two things that speak against this:

1. When filming live gigs, they usually have a camera crane to enable gliding shots over the audience and different angles of the stage. That was the case for AAF and BIAB, but not here. Now, it’s possible they could use drones, but I didn’t see any and didn’t hear about anyone spotting any either.

2. It’s quite common for the camera crew to have the tag “film” as an alternate for “video” I believe. Could be wrong, but it certainly is here in Switzerland. 

Not saying they couldn’t turn the footage into a live DVD, but then that would be more likely bonus material, I think. A bit like that 2005 footage from Tokyo:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

I came to check no one was camping for VIP the night before the show, thinking no one was that crazy... and I was the 5th arrival! So I rolled out my sleeping bag and slept there. It was actually an easy camp because it wasn't too cold.

This was my first show since 2019 with my mum (our favourite fairytale villain, Rumpelstiltskin). She'd hardly left the house in that time because of a leg injury and she has arthritis anyway, so she's able to stand but only if she can lean on something, which is why I was willing to camp to make sure she had the barrier to lean on.

I got us our spots in front of Mike and we had the best time dancing to Dookie. I was so happy to see my mum's face light up. Billie kept smiling at us too. 

Sadly we'd just been standing too long though and my mum had to give up during All By Myself. She went to look for somewhere to sit and told me to stay, but I was worrying too much, so I left my spot to look for her after Dilemma. The staff were fucking useless - they laughed and eventually just turned their backs. I apologise to Bellahouston Park for insulting their concert hosting skills because Wembley was 1000x worse. I couldn't find her, the staff wouldn't help me and calls were going to voicemail so I tried to get back to my spot and ended up about 10th row from the end of the catwalk which, honestly, was pretty great considering I have no experience of trying to get back in. I had a good view of Billie when he was on the catwalk and enjoyed the rest of the show in a much less toxic atmosphere than there was with all the VIPs on the front row (and I include myself in that description because every hardcore fan I've ever met can be like that at times). It was actually a lot of fun dancing, jumping and occasionally losing my footing with a load of strangers who were just there to enjoy the show wherever they were.

Staff continued to be absolutely useless and dismissive after the show but other fans helped me find my mum. Massive shoutout to Hermione for trying so hard to get us reunited. Turned out my mum was taken to the medical room (when staff told me she wasn't), offered a spot with a view of the wall, laughed at for buying a standing ticket, then told there was nowhere she could go but the spot staring at the wall, even though there were loads of empty seats right there. She ended up sitting on a rock outside, since it was the only place she could sit, where she vaguely heard a few songs and the general sound of the crowd. Before we went I emailed the stadium about accessible options and they actually told me she could get a seat on the day of the show if she needed it, so... fuck Wembley Stadium. 

Love Green Day though and spending any time enjoying our favourite band with my wonderful mum is always the best thing ever 💖 She enjoyed Dookie and it was lovely seeing Billie recognise her so even buying her the VIP was worth it.

So sorry for that the staff was so unhelpful and rude with you and your mom! It sucks when things like this put a damper on what is otherwise a wonderful experience. Glad your mom still got to enjoy all of Dookie and lots of nice interactions with Billie! and that you managed to make the most of the rest of the show and then found some kind people to help you find your mom at the end 🤗

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MillenniumFan said:

Don’t wanna dampen the enthusiasm, I’d love another live album or DVD and I don’t get why they haven’t done one for so long, but there are two things that speak against this:

1. When filming live gigs, they usually have a camera crane to enable gliding shots over the audience and different angles of the stage. That was the case for AAF and BIAB, but not here. Now, it’s possible they could use drones, but I didn’t see any and didn’t hear about anyone spotting any either.

2. It’s quite common for the camera crew to have the tag “film” as an alternate for “video” I believe. Could be wrong, but it certainly is here in Switzerland. 

Not saying they couldn’t turn the footage into a live DVD, but then that would be more likely bonus material, I think. A bit like that 2005 footage from Tokyo:

Yeah of course, it could mean absolutely nothing. It was just flamboyant how much they filmed the audience as well yesterday. Something they haven't done the other shows I attended. So it was a thought they could maybe be doing another DVD or something like that 🙂

And just before the show when the instruments got checked for a last time it was Tre himself playing the drums yesterday what was pretty cool 😁

Edited by Susi Sour cream
typo
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Susi Sour cream said:

Yeah of course, it could mean absolutely nothing. It was just flamboyant how much they filmed the audience as well yesterday. Something they haven't done the other shows I attended. So it was a thought they could maybe be doing another DVD or something like that 🙂

And just before the show when the instruments got checked for a last time it was Tre himself playing the drums yesterday what was pretty cool 😁

Was it Tre for sure? I could vaguely see the outline of the person through the black fabric and everyone was speculating it was Tre but couldn't tell for sure

5 minutes ago, Psycho Britney said:

I was singing along to OEB! I don't know if I might have mentioned it in one or two posts, but I LOVE this song!🤣😉 I did kind of notice that the crowd seemed a bit quiter during the new songs, which is a shame.

One of the things that made my day was being gifted a GD bracelet by a very kind stranger! Did anybody else meet the lovely lady who was giving away beaded bracelets? She asked if I'd like one, so I asked her if she had any OEB ones and she said she had bada BING bada BING bada boom, so I knew I needed that one! How fabulous is this?!🥰

Wow bracelet is awesome! I love it too and glad to know others were singing it, it was super fun to dance and sing to :lol:. Whole stadium singing bada bing bada boom would've been sick but I guess the tour is also the Dookie and AI tour so it's fair enough. So happy they played it along with Bobby Sox!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Was it Tre for sure? I could vaguely see the outline of the person through the black fabric and everyone was speculating it was Tre but couldn't tell for sure

It was him!

https://www.instagram.com/stories/okotavio/3401787472449149465?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igsh=bmhkcDdlbmswOHNn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Was it Tre for sure? I could vaguely see the outline of the person through the black fabric and everyone was speculating it was Tre but couldn't tell for sure!

It was. I once saw a little bit of blue hair 🙂 

At the beginning I wasn't sure about it either.

• Love 2

Brilliant glad to know it was him! Very sneaky

• Like 2

First of all, it was such an amazing concert. I sang my heart and soul out. It was also very emotional to be back at this special place after 14 years. Even Bob Gruen has published many pictures from Wembley 2010 in his Green Day book.

However, I doubt that the additional cameramen were there for a professional concert film. There were simply too few professional cameras (e.g., a camera crane) on site. I believe that they will use the footage to create a trailer for the upcoming US leg to boost ticket sales

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

Were you on Mike's side and singing a lot and sat on the floor between bands by any chance? Just because of where you're from wondering if a guy behind us having a great time was you haha

I was on Mike’s side yes, but because I had got tickets last minute through a resale, I had a seat, not standing (where I like to be given a choice). I was row 15, section 141, so basically the section on the edge of where the seating area ends and the stairs leading to the pit and golden circle are. 

Mind you, I was indeed going crazy haha I think I jumped and sang my heart out for basically every song. Most around me were fairly static, but as the night went on, more and more were dancing and singing to the music too. 

i did mess up the odd lyric though, I think, especially on Dookie (oops) - didn’t care though, I was having too much fun for that :D 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sophieduf said:

alsoooo it looks like Billie will become a grandad very very soon 👀 I saw joey and his wife getting their picture taken by Alice Baxley on the side of the stage and they were posing with her belly 🤫

He’s going to be a hell of a grandpa!  

• Haha 2