2024/06/27 - Marlay Park, Dublin, Ireland

Lindsay

Does anyone know if they sold early entry VIPs for this show? I can't seem to find any info online. Wondering if I should bother with queuing for this one or not 🤔

Have we had a rain show yet?

cause it looks like Thursday is gonna be a WET one

Information about transport, venue etc.

Approximate stage times:

18:00 Maid of Ace

18:50 Nothing But Thieves

20:00 Green Day

From what I've heard, the organisation at Marlay Park this year has been better than last time. Still, expect to take a long time to get back to the city after the gig. I don't know what things were like up front. There are 2 entrances (I believe the College Rd one will be where the coaches go. The Grange Rd. one is closer to public transport and shops etc. and also looks closer to the stage) and I believe there is VIP early entry. At some shows it's still possible to get barrier without VIP so I'm still queueing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Comedy & Tragedy said:

Information about transport, venue etc.

Approximate stage times:

18:00 Maid of Ace

18:50 Nothing But Thieves

20:00 Green Day

From what I've heard, the organisation at Marlay Park this year has been better than last time. Still, expect to take a long time to get back to the city after the gig. I don't know what things were like up front. There are 2 entrances (I believe the College Rd one will be where the coaches go. The Grange Rd. one is closer to public transport and shops etc. and also looks closer to the stage) and I believe there is VIP early entry. At some shows it's still possible to get barrier without VIP so I'm still queueing. 

For pearl jam college rd opened first cause it was busier with private coaches arriving

Just a note  if planning to que 

• Like 2

Hello, it it ok to take the 16 bus from Dublin to the park around mid day, or will it already be packed by then?

(sorry for the last post, I wanted to share with you a shirt my wife made me with gd stuff she painted on... it was the best gift ever but I can't post pics... 😬)

10 minutes ago, PeterStrange said:

Hello, it it ok to take the 16 bus from Dublin to the park around mid day, or will it already be packed by then?

(sorry for the last post, I wanted to share with you a shirt my wife made me with gd stuff she painted on... it was the best gift ever but I can't post pics... 😬)

Should be absolutely fine

wouldn’t expect to worry about a bus until 3/4 and even then you’ll get on 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, purplebenny said:

Should be absolutely fine

wouldn’t expect to worry about a bus until 3/4 and even then you’ll get on 

It's getting back that could be the issue! 

4 hours ago, purplebenny said:

For pearl jam college rd opened first cause it was busier with private coaches arriving

Just a note  if planning to que 

Ah damn it I hate when there’s two entrances! Might go to that one in that case 

Does anyone know how the internet access usually is at the venue? I’m having an e-ticket, as that was the only option, but I have no way of downloading it to my Wallet app and it’s stressssing

3 hours ago, Göta said:

Does anyone know how the internet access usually is at the venue? I’m having an e-ticket, as that was the only option, but I have no way of downloading it to my Wallet app and it’s stressssing

Should be fine. The only potential problem I see is that there'll be lots of people online and it might slow things down. But there is signal out there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Comedy & Tragedy said:

Should be fine. The only potential problem I see is that there'll be lots of people online and it might slow things down. But there is signal out there.

Okay, good. Thanks! 

Heading there soon. Caaaan’t wait.

I now regret all the walking I’ve done in Dublin the past couple of days. Really hope my legs will hold up lol

I’m in one of the queues! College road entrance queue. Fair amount of people here but not too bad!

• Like 1

Queue just started moving on the College Road side!

• Like 1

Almost time for doors…. Hoping to grab the Dublin patch from the merch when I get inside!

Mike on the sidelines watching Maid of Ace’s set 😍

• Like 3

• Like 2

• Like 2

Great show. They still sound so so good live. I didn't see the Dookie Plane at any point though, it was windy so they probably decided not to risk losing it. 😆

Setlist was a copy and paste of the Scotland show. Billie did play a tiny snippet of "the boys are back in town' by Thin Lizzy just before WMUWSE, I think most people didn't notice it. 

• Like 3

They never disappoint do they??

Loved the show, and I second what’s said above, they sound soo good. Very glad I  went. Had no problems with anything along the way. I’ve read so much negative stuff about the venue and have been stressing about so much in advance but everything went smooth and all the people I’ve chatted with have been so chill and friendly. 10/10 experience.

As every time I’ve seen them, my only regret is not going to more shows.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Göta said:

They never disappoint do they??

Loved the show, and I second what’s said above, they sound soo good. Very glad I  went. Had no problems with anything along the way. I’ve read so much negative stuff about the venue and have been stressing about so much in advance but everything went smooth and all the people I’ve chatted with have been so chill and friendly. 10/10 experience.

As every time I’ve seen them, my only regret is not going to more shows.

Agreed, especially about the travel. I was worried about getting back to Dublin City centre after the show to get my bus home. Show ended at about 10:35, I was at my bus stop for 11:20. A full 1 hour and 40mins before my bus home .

• Like 3