2024/06/05 - LDLC Arena, Lyon-Décines, France

Lindsay

To everyone who went I hope you were "Having a Blast" lol

(sorry that was a dumb joke lol)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

I don't think they played 37 songs unless I'm underestimating how many it was with Dookie and Idiot. It was a pretty standard length show.

I impulsively decided to go to this the day before I flew out (thanks for the £30 flight easyJet). It was my first Green Day show in nearly five years and of course it blew me away. Worth every penny I should've spent fixing my car.

They did play 37 songs! It definitely didn't feel like one of their longest shows to me, so I also had trouble believing it until I counted them myself. I think the fact that they significantly reduced the number of hey-oh's and dropped the whole King for a Day act (don't know if this was the case already for tours between 21stCB and this one), is what makes it feel standard in length but be able to pack in more songs. Also that most of Dookie songs are not too long.

And I am very glad you decided to go, it was great queuing and sharing the experience with you! :)

I recorded only a couple videos and during some of "less remarkable" songs (Welcome to Paradise, Brain Stew, and American Idiot), but I can upload them later if anyone is interested.

Also, the stage was amazing and for all the advantages of being in front row, I think a disadvantage is that I didn't realize exactly how cool it was until the end (I only noticed the screen on the top at the end, for instance).

It was definitely an amazing show!

18 hours ago, paperlanterns22 said:

If we got Fancy Sauce between Minority and Good Riddance it would be absolutely perfect! It’s already perfect anyway tho:)

I 100% agree with this. Fancy Sauce towards the end would be a dream. But if I had to compromise, I'd replace KYE or OEB with it... but some people would disagree, and I guess you cannot make everyone happy.

I'm already content with what I got, but still keeping my fingers crossed for some Fancy Sauce in one of the other shows I'm going to 😄

• Like 3

for me this setlist is almost perfect... I just miss a couple of well known tunes they used to play live like Hitchin a Ride and 21 Guns

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I just checked the setlist on setlist fm and saw "All By Myself (orchestral version)" and had to check it out, does not disappoint :lol: 

Wonderful to see Bobby Sox and One Eyed Bastard added!

1 hour ago, PeterStrange said:

for me this setlist is almost perfect... I just miss a couple of well known tunes they used to play live like Hitchin a Ride and 21 Guns

It's understandable considering they're playing two full albums and want to get some new songs in. King for a Day is my favourite but I accept it's fair for them not to play it when they're giving us Dookie and AI in full :P. Agree it's a really great setlist, can't wait for my show

16 hours ago, Westerberg89 said:

Can’t understand Know Your Enemy being in the set. Weak song.

It's a mediocre song on an album but it's fantastic live, guaranteed to get the crowd jumping and always enjoyable plus they can bring a fan up to sing/stage dive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, penbreaker said:

37 songs. How they can handle this. They are 50 years old. 😅

Because they are bad ass!!🤣😎

17 hours ago, Westerberg89 said:

Can’t understand Know Your Enemy being in the set. Weak song.

Same with One Eyed Bastard, both throw away.

Put Maria in for KYE.

Saviors in for OEB.

I'd allow swapping KYE for Maria (which would be great actually), but hands off One Eyed Bastard! 😉 I really, really want them ro play it at Wembley!🤞

• Love 1

On All By Myself, it looks like Tre is back to saying “oh yeah did I mention?” Meaning he no longer has an… yeah you get the picture 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

They could play longer and longer each night, finally playing Idiot, Dookie and Saviors in full plus 15 hits.  😄 

Smashing Pumpkins, Rancid and whoever else can just come out and say hi, maybe play with Green Day on a couple songs.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Plankfan said:

Full show FLAC if somebody wants to make a thread for it  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10hOkCYgBn7WOvYEiOWkl8BjOY87vLYMp?usp=sharing

Source: SP-CMC-20 -> OM LS-PS (48/24) -> Audition (Trim + declip/declick/normalise/CD spec conversion) / izotope Neutron (EQ) / RX10 (phase correction) cd wave -> xACT

Thanks for this!

Right before FOD  “thank you good night!” *crowd boos* “I was just kidding, this is Green Day we are on our Eras tour” 🤣

Also Extraordinary Girl sounds so goddamn good! Sitars back on the menu boys and girls!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, paperlanterns22 said:

Thanks for this!

Right before FOD  “thank you good night!” *crowd boos* “I was just kidding, this is Green Day we are on our Eras tour” 🤣

Also Extraordinary Girl sounds so goddamn good! Sitars back on the menu boys and girls!

It was hilarious when he said that, the crowd laughed too!

By the way, I must say it was a pretty awesome crowd too, everyone enjoying themselves, singing along to every song, lively but not aggressive. So I'm really hoping for a similar experience in Paris 😅

• Love 1

On 6/6/2024 at 4:01 PM, PeterStrange said:

This new account got me thinking. In the thread of the show in Santiago, Peter asked how we liked the new version of “All by Myself”. As far as I could tell, there was little to no response. Whoosh: the song disappears from the setlist for the following shows.

Here he is wishing for classic hits like Hitchin a'Ride and 21 Guns: poof, these songs end up on the setlist (e.g. Rock im Park).
Peter Strange --> Strange Days are Here to Stay.

Am I interpreting too much here?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tomcat20 said:

This new account got me thinking. In the thread of the show in Santiago, Peter asked how we liked the new version of “All by Myself”. As far as I could tell, there was little to no response. Whoosh: the song disappears from the setlist for the following shows.

Here he is wishing for classic hits like Hitchin a'Ride and 21 Guns: poof, these songs end up on the setlist (e.g. Rock im Park).
Peter Strange --> Strange Days are Here to Stay.

Am I interpreting too much here?

I think people did reply, no? For me it makes sense that All By Myself doesn't make it to festivals? Probably it's mostly fans who'd appreciate that song, and they might expect a mix of fans with more relaxed festival-goers, so perhaps that's why they've dropped it? I'm starting to think those two festivals before Lyon were for like a trial run for the two album thing, how long that'd take, etc.

As for Hitchin a Ride, 21 guns and other classic making it to the set list... for the same reason as above, it makes sense for me to add them to festival where you might have more people who are not there only for Green Day and might only know the hits. For the stadium shows, it makes very little sense to me to add these type of songs... a lot of people going to these shows have already seen Green Day before, and therefore have seen Hitchin a Ride, 21 Guns, etc., quite a few times, and I think we could use that time to hear songs we haven't heard live before, be that from Saviors or even the rarely played from previous albums... I'd personally prefer to hear Brat, Panic Song, Peacemaker, Blood Sex and Booze, etc, rather than Hitchin' a Ride for the 5th time. 

(And just in case PeterStrange does have strange super powers, for the love of god add Fancy Sauce to the non-festival shows, thanks Pete! 😂)

• Like 4

Got home this morning and uploaded my videos of Pulling Teeth and Extraordinary Girl. They're shakier than I thought, so don't get excited.

And my photos, which are equally shit but I'll post them anyway.

ad88bfe773fd76a5cd75b52ac5d2ec0169fe88d1

f336f63ea3b9b86e7191d8ee971688e2e0941857

366c3389154ddc38007e7caa4de0db68403c9688

67fdd2c9db257bb8e9f135bcdcf068071211f9e7

5244084d186a81cedb6fc4c7ca70bd0d04fff629

Some other thoughts:

The confetti at this show was plain pink and green. No fancy art. I brought a whole bag of it home and I'm questioning my choices now. :lol:

There was a fabulous patch specific to this show at the merch table. I thought it'd still be open after the show so I didn't buy one during the day and wish I had because everything was shut. :( If anyone has an extra patch they don't want, I'd love to buy it from you.

I got one of Mike's picks, which was nice. Billie's looked good too.

ce473457a7ff3fbaaf4bc5ec0b82174947bc6735

"Green Day is on our Eras Tour" was hilarious.

There was a lot of interaction between Mike and the crowd. I'm sure he brightened at least 50 people's days by smiling, sticking his tongue out and pointing at them.

The security guard in front of me was a secret fanboy and couldn't help touching his heart and putting his hands on his cheeks in disbelief during Are We the Waiting.

Strangely, most of my favourite moments (although it's hard to choose) were songs I'd seen before. I expected to melt down over Homecoming (which was obviously incredible) but there I was losing my shit to She and Letterbomb. I guess that's what happens when you haven't seen Green Day for years.

I'm so glad I went :wub: 

On 6/6/2024 at 2:17 PM, CristhyneS said:

They did play 37 songs! It definitely didn't feel like one of their longest shows to me, so I also had trouble believing it until I counted them myself. I think the fact that they significantly reduced the number of hey-oh's and dropped the whole King for a Day act (don't know if this was the case already for tours between 21stCB and this one), is what makes it feel standard in length but be able to pack in more songs. Also that most of Dookie songs are not too long.

And I am very glad you decided to go, it was great queuing and sharing the experience with you! :)

Wow! It really didn't feel like such a long show. They got through the two albums so fast.

And you! I don't think I can afford to go to Paris after all, but I'm sure I'll see you again one day :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just to add, it was only 2hr 15 min which is so surprising given the length of the setlist!

From experience the French crowd was very different to the Irish! Quieter at the end/ between songs (less cheering and singing) and much more cup throwing resulting in me with a big bruise on my head 😂

Also in my experience there was way less interaction with the crowd/ hey-oh's which I presumed was to get through the setlist.

Also did no one else notice Billie was slightly high pitched at times? I think he was losing his voice, especially evident during Good Riddance.

Overall an amazing gig, great sound and definitely the best screens and stage I have seen!! 💖 

• Like 4

Much better video than mine of Pulling Teeth

American Dream

And another one

Spoiler

Dilemma

Longview

American Idiot

Boulevard

Yeah, it was only 10 days ago, but I'm already watching videos. :ga:

• Like 4

Hi! For those who had a decent spot (let's say in the middle of the crowd) , how early did you arrive in stadium ?