European tour 2024

Joe K

Which show was it where Mike came out on tre’s back during good riddance? I’ve seen a video but now I can’t find it 

• 4 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

Finally finished the GDA recap of the European shows I went to.

https://www.greendayauthority.com/news/6187/

Such a good tour :wub:

17bc128afa49fcfad39f1b8ba69dc4a5ae13e398

"So I expected a magical cupboard to open in the sky and pelt us with garlic and camembert all day" 😂😂😂

I'm happy to report there was also no camembert incidents at their show in Paris.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

Finally finished the GDA recap of the European shows I went to.

https://www.greendayauthority.com/news/6187/

Such a good tour :wub:

I laughed when I saw the hoodie part in Bellahouston.  The 2022 show there was the only show I ever kept my hoodie on! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm a bit sad I never got to see Green Day play through the American Idiot album in full live but as @solongfromthestars keeps reminding me I was lucky enough to see the musical cast version at the St James Theatre during Billie's run so I can't complain 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
  • Surprised 1

• 2 weeks later...

Green Day are rumored to play Download Festival and Hurricane/Southside Festival next year. So a new tour announcement is imminent.

• Love 1

Dear Green Day, please give my bank account some time to recover. Thanks. 😅

• Like 2

20 hours ago, CristhyneS said:

Dear Green Day, please give my bank account some time to recover. Thanks. 😅

Same. We deserve shows but need time to save up. 👸🏼

And please, include some headliner shows. I hate festivals. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tomcat20 said:

Southside and Hurricane Festival now officially announced. I think we can say goodbye to the idea of a full arena tour in Europe 

Well at least they are coming back to Europe 🤩

• Like 1

back during summer, pls do some openair solo shows again (like for 21cb 2010)

but i keep my expectations low again, sadly

i dont get why GD became a band who primarly focus on headlining festivals and do just a very few solo-shows, mostly right around the festivals so festival attendees cant really visit the solo-shows

all those "big" rock acts avoid playing festivals and do their own shows, thats way better for the the "real" fans, festival crowds suck balls

by 2025 it will be 8 years since their last full solo show tour in europe/germany

I’ve got mixed feelings about this. I can’t get a festival ticket for either Southside or Hurricane so I’ll have to wait until they start selling daily tickets. And even then I can only go if Green Day play their show on Saturday. I really wish they would just do a normal European tour instead of playing festivals and just one or two proper shows in between.

This a real longshot (pardon the pun) but does anyone still have a Wembley or Glasgow patch that I could buy from them or trade for one of the following 

New and sealed Foxboro Hot Tubs Japanese promo CD (I have two as long as I can find it!) 

Brain Stew brain shaped CD 

Black vinyl International Superhits (sent to me in error from a seller in the US that I was unable to return and don't need) 

One of these t-shirt designs 

https://64.media.tumblr.com/118b4ee6119337187e791f6113ac5759/59d42394f4fb4df9-f0/s2048x3072/fef7005e693afecab74498db00672ffff7716e58.jpg

If there's any chance at all anyone has a spare patch from the Lyon show for my daughter would also be willing to trade one of the above for that too

Of course there will be a full tour in June. No band the size of Green Day ships all their equipment overseas + all the logistics involved just for two random festival dates in rural Germany. More dates will follow soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tomcat20 said:

Of course there will be a full tour in June. No band the size of Green Day ships all their equipment overseas + all the logistics involved just for two random festival dates in rural Germany. More dates will follow soon.

Like your optimism!👊

• Love 1

On 9/12/2024 at 3:45 PM, Tomcat20 said:

I can totally imagine that they will also play the following festivals.
Rock for People, CZ
Pinkpop, NL
Download Festival, FR
British Summer Time, UK

What about TRNSMT at Glasgow Green if they’re playing more UK festivals?

On 9/12/2024 at 4:45 PM, Tomcat20 said:

I can totally imagine that they will also play the following festivals.
Rock for People, CZ
Pinkpop, NL
Download Festival, FR
British Summer Time, UK

Pinkpop is the same weekend as Hurricane and Southside - there's no way they'll play three days in a row. And last Download Festival in France was in 2020 and they're not talking about any reactivation.

• Love 1