European tour 2024

Joe K

I guess the next couple of festivals will give more context but seeing that they are starting to follow the ‘festival:non album show’ even if they have the time, I’m starting to feel really lucky that we got it in the two festivals in Spain and getting the feeling that maybe they did it because they were the first shows of the tour and wanted to showcase their general concept for the tour.

That, or they do have a special love for Spain (after all they did that secret show in Madrid in 2019 in a small venue where they played Dookie in full too for the 25th anniversary).

Just watched the full Rock Am Ring show and it was great, couple of problems with mics and it looked pretty cold but fast moving show!

• Like 3

I can't find the thread of the Austria show. Does it exist or am I too dumb to find it?

24 minutes ago, CristhyneS said:

Just in case anyone expecting to attend an outdoor concert has also been worrying about this. 

I’m pretty sure that every venue makes their own sound but i could be wrong😅 i remember when i saw MCR in Bonn, people complained about the sound but at a different venue it was fine :confused: but maybe that also depends on the band… 

1 hour ago, Karol Oliveira said:

I can't find the thread of the Austria show. Does it exist or am I too dumb to find it?

You're right, the Nova Rock Festival was skipped in the show threads. I thought it seemed odd that they were off until Saturday, that was a lot of days.  Austria tomorrow night then.

• Like 3

I wonder if Green Day’s stage design was inspired by Weezer’s on the Hella Mega Tour.  

I think for once and just this once, even as the forum's resident "Green Day peaked in 2004/2005" grouch, I have to agree more with the conciliatory voices and less with the nostalgics. The setlist is very predictable this time around, yes, but I mean when they actually play Dookie and ai in full, that's something special, even for super fans, and then they add Brain Stew, Hitchin' a ride, Minority and some songs off Saviors on top of that too. Plus, they're doing all of this at pretty big venues, not clubs. So, for once, there's not much to complain about I would say. Not to mention the last time their setlist wasn't this formulaic and predictable was back in 2013. 

What definitely should make a comeback though are Billie's 21CB era story-time sessions. Yeah yeah, I know drugs and alcohol likely fuelled most of those and unlike his passionate rants throughout the RevRad era, they really had nothing, and I mean nothing whatsoever, to do with the song that followed (mostly Before The Lobotomy, of all songs lol), but still, that kind of unique band to fans interaction is what can make a concert really memorable, even if the rest of the setlist is predictable. It's something that every band could do to be honest: strike one song from the setlist and instead mark the spot "story time, unique or specific to this location in some way". 

I think it can mean a lot to fans, that sorta thing. 

However, all that aside, I can't wait to see my favourite band again after 7 long years. Twice, in fact and just a few days away :dance::runaround:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MillenniumFan said:

I think for once and just this once, even as the forum's resident "Green Day peaked in 2004/2005" grouch, I have to agree more with the conciliatory voices and less with the nostalgics. The setlist is very predictable this time around, yes, but I mean when they actually play Dookie and ai in full, that's something special, even for super fans, and then they add Brain Stew, Hitchin' a ride, Minority and some songs off Saviors on top of that too. Plus, they're doing all of this at pretty big venues, not clubs. So, for once, there's not much to complain about I would say. Not to mention the last time their setlist wasn't this formulaic and predictable was back in 2013. 

What definitely should make a comeback though are Billie's 21CB era story-time sessions. Yeah yeah, I know drugs and alcohol likely fuelled most of those and unlike his passionate rants throughout the RevRad era, they really had nothing, and I mean nothing whatsoever, to do with the song that followed (mostly Before The Lobotomy, of all songs lol), but still, that kind of unique band to fans interaction is what can make a concert really memorable, even if the rest of the setlist is predictable. It's something that every band could do to be honest: strike one song from the setlist and instead mark the spot "story time, unique or specific to this location in some way". 

I think it can mean a lot to fans, that sorta thing. 

However, all that aside, I can't wait to see my favourite band again after 7 long years. Twice, in fact and just a few days away :dance::runaround:

If I can remember he kind of brought it back early on during the Revrad tour before Christie Road, or at least at some shows he did but it was usually about Blue. At the show I went to in Tulsa Oklahoma, he talked about his mom being from there for a few mins before the song 

• Like 3

• Like 4

has anyone seen the kiss me i’m dead inside shirt at any of the shows?

Setlists keep getting shorter and shorter, which is super weird. Yeah I know what you are going to say, non album shows, but so far they have been scheduled to play 2h 20m as in any other shows and still they played 9 less songs in Nova Rock than in Madrid which was also a festival, so they proved they can do it. 9 songs is almost 45m worth of music, where is that time going? I refuse to believe they are inserting 45m worth of eeoos, speeches and so on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pucky said:

Setlists keep getting shorter and shorter, which is super weird. Yeah I know what you are going to say, non album shows, but so far they have been scheduled to play 2h 20m as in any other shows and still they played 9 less songs in Nova Rock than in Madrid which was also a festival, so they proved they can do it. 9 songs is almost 45m worth of music, where is that time going? I refuse to believe they are inserting 45m worth of eeoos, speeches and so on.

They are not playing 2h 20min at the festival shows, at least the last couple of shows. I was at Rock Im Park and the set was less than 2 hours (they finished early, which did confuse many people). I thought it had something to do with technical difficulties because there were some issues with the sound and also the screens. But the Nova Rock setlist looks pretty much the same. I don't know the reason, maybe saving energy for the album shows? Because those have been on 🔥

Edited by Thatsername
typo
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

They are not playing 2h 20min at the festival shows, at least the last couple of shows. I was at Rock Im Park and the set was less than 2 hours (they finished early, which did confuse many people). I thought it had something to do with technical difficulties because there were some issues with the sound and also the screens. But the Nova Rock setlist looks pretty much the same. I don't know the reason, maybe saving energy for the album shows? Because those have been on 🔥

The Rock In Park show was recorded and if I remember correctly it was 2h 10-15m, so they definitely had the time and still played a lot less songs (in Madrid they also finished 5m early and still got the 2 albums).

Nova Rock schedule was also 2h 20m.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2024 at 11:25 AM, Suicide Commando said:

Just a single Saviors song yesterday ;(

What?! I'm getting so confused by the flip-flopping of the setlist! I suppose it depends on if it's a festival or a pure GD show, but I'm still getting nervous about the Wembley setlist. I NEED to hear some Saviours songs!!😬😅🤞

• Like 2

On 6/13/2024 at 7:20 AM, Hermione said:

A sad thing about that story time thing is one of the times he told the story about drinking with his friend and jumping in a car to fight someone that friend was at the show, and went home and committed suicide later that night. Billie wrote X Kid about him. Not sure if that could be a reason for not bringing it back or if it's just because they never play Before the Lobotomy. 

I remember this story from the tour! But, I never knew that this friend was Xkid or that the suicide was that close to a GD event. 

With these types of things you never know.. was it the story? Was he holding off to see GD one more time?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pucky said:

The Rock In Park show was recorded and if I remember correctly it was 2h 10-15m, so they definitely had the time and still played a lot less songs (in Madrid they also finished 5m early and still got the 2 albums).

No, the recorded one was Rock am Ring. Rock Im Park was shorter with fewer songs. They finished like 15 m early.

I hope they'll play Dookie and AI in full in Milan, although it is a festival. But I'd prefer hearing Bobby Sox and Dilemma rather than Pulling Teeth.

Does anyone know what time VIP early access to Manchester and Wembly is?

1 hour ago, Greengirl10 said:

Does anyone know what time VIP early access to Manchester and Wembly is?

In Berlin, the admission times were as follows:

3:30 PM: VIP access (Welcome to Paradise package)

3:45 PM :VIP access (Calling All Saviors package)

4:00 PM :General admission

6:35 PM: Opening Band

7:40 PM: Bohemian Rhapsody kicked off