European tour 2024

Joe K

15 minutes ago, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

I’m torn. On the one hand, I‘m stoked to see that they played both albums in full at a festival. But only two Saviors songs is really disappointing. Yes, it was a festival, but it was still officially part of the Saviors tour. Maybe they’ll mix things up a little, although I doubt it. I don’t want to complain too much, this is still an insane setlist, it just feels wrong to me to (mostly) ignore your latest album.

Insane if you think about it, we didnt have a proper "new album" tour since 21CB besides the revrad tour

• Like 1

So this is our set then?

its GD, they don’t change things in tour really. Maybe swap KYE for OEB?

• Like 1

I'm perfectly happy with the setlist. The only thing I can think of changing is they may add a few songs for non-festival shows. One more song at the beginning before Dookie, 1 more song in the middle and 1 more for the encore? Will be interesting to see the first non festival show. 

I'd be happy if they changed KYE for almost any other song (preferably Fancy Sauce because I'm obsessed - but I'd even take any other song from 21stCBD) in the upcoming shows. I am a bit surprised though that they played the two albums at a festival, since they had said they'd do that only for no-festival shows. I would have guessed they'd use the festival to play more songs from Saviors and some additional hits from older albums.

• Like 4

KYE one of my favourite live song and everyone shitting one it 😅

• Like 1

By the way: we should keep track on the aircraft D-ASAP on Flightradar24. :) 

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Should be in this thread later tonight 

I've been spitting feathers about the lack of Saviours on this set BUT I didn't realise it wasn't actually part of the Saviours tour just a festival. So the show tomorrow is the first of the GD tour?? Guess we'll find out the actual tour set list then?! 

3 hours ago, No Brains said:

I've been spitting feathers about the lack of Saviours on this set BUT I didn't realise it wasn't actually part of the Saviours tour just a festival. So the show tomorrow is the first of the GD tour?? Guess we'll find out the actual tour set list then?! 

also on the Hella Mega Tour there was practically no difference in the setlist between festival shows and own headling shows.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tomcat20 said:

By the way: we should keep track on the aircraft D-ASAP on Flightradar24. :) 

What is this?

33 minutes ago, Keeping00 said:

What is this?

I reckon the rented airplane that transports the band between the cities.

Why do I believe that? the plane flew from Santiago to Madrid shortly after the end of the show on thursday night.

5 hours ago, purplebenny said:

Homecoming and whatsername live is enough to make me happy for this tour

everything else is a bonus 

Add Give Me Novacaine to that list, and this is exactly my feeling too. I at least got to hear Whatsername and Novacaine in one previous concert the one time, but never Homecoming. I had planned to attend just the one concert, but when they announced they'd be playing Dookie and AI in full I went a bit crazy and bought extra shows. 😂

5 hours ago, No Brains said:

No, tomorrow is also a festival. The show in Lyon (Wednesday 5th) is the first non=festival show. And I'm the opposite to you, I bought tickets for Lyon after they announced they'd play the albums in full because it was supposed to be the first show with the two full albums and I wanted to be there for that. So I am "pissed" that they played the full albums at this festival 😂

• Like 1

I thought that they would at least play Bobby Sox from Saviors as well. But hey, two songs from Saviors are better than no songs 😌

• Like 1

Do they still play Bohemian Rhapsody before the show starts?

Also, I would stop with the ‘festivals vs non festivals’ talk and trying to know what the ‘real setlists’ are. It’s not that hard, THIS is their real setlist, I don’t know why so many people insist that it’s not just because it was a festival. 

If you get obsessed with that, you’re going to be supper disappointed when you see them play the same thing on non festivals.

They will most likely change or add 1-2 songs at most, but that’s it.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, pucky said:

Also, I would stop with the ‘festivals vs non festivals’ talk and trying to know what the ‘real setlists’ are. It’s not that hard, THIS is their real setlist, I don’t know why so many people insist that it’s not just because it was a festival. 

If you get obsessed with that, you’re going to be supper disappointed when you see them play the same thing on non festivals.

They still do yes

53 minutes ago, pucky said:

The band themselves clarified festivals would be “non album shows” beforehand

it was very realistic, based on marketing, to expect a different set

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, purplebenny said:

The band themselves clarified festivals would be “non album shows” beforehand

it was very realistic, based on marketing, to expect a different set

But it was also very reasonable to assume that was just to cover their backs for festivals with shorter time to play. It’s good to analyse things and not accept everything at face value.

And now that they have played a festival and it was actually an album show, I think that’s enough info to assume this will probably be the general setlist for all the tour.

they may add a couple more songs (it seems the band left the stage 10m earlier than expected on Thursday) but other than that, this is probably it.

Which song did they use as intro for the first show? A mashup like in Hella Mega or had Also Sprach Zarathustra a comeback? 🥰

1 hour ago, Flashback said:

Which song did they use as intro for the first show? A mashup like in Hella Mega or had Also Sprach Zarathustra a comeback? 🥰

From what I saw, it looked like a mashup of "We Will Rock You" and the Imperial March from Star Wars :D

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2024 at 11:30 AM, CristhyneS said:

I'd be happy if they changed KYE for almost any other song (preferably Fancy Sauce because I'm obsessed - but I'd even take any other song from 21stCBD) in the upcoming shows. I am a bit surprised though that they played the two albums at a festival, since they had said they'd do that only for no-festival shows. I would have guessed they'd use the festival to play more songs from Saviors and some additional hits from older albums.

If they add a couple more Saviors songs for non festival shows I'll be happy, it's just the way it is when they're fitting in playing two albums in full. Agree Fancy Sauce would be best! KYE as a song is whatever but it's genuinely amazing live so I honestly don't mind if they always play it lol. It's short too. 

8 hours ago, pucky said:

Because festivals are shorter and do often have a different setlist. It will be similar of course but it'll be interesting to see the first non festival setlist.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pucky said:

It's just a bit of harmless discussion I think :) Some of us were not expecting a full album show in the festival (based on what the band themselves had said - I know people who had bought tickets for a festival in their town, and decided to buy tickets for a non-festival show they'd have to travel for following that announcement because they made it sound like non-festival shows would not get the two albums). And didn't they recently play one of these small club shows in the US where they also played the two albums, but with different non-album songs? 

So I think at this moment where we only have one data point, from a festival show, in a tour in which based on the marketing people were expecting very different set lists for festival vs non-festival shows, it's normal people are wondering if in the end this will be the exact same playlist they'll bring to every show, regardless of the type.

I guess we'll know soon enough. At any rate this is a bit of an uncommon situation because everyone knew at least 85% of the playlist for every non-festival show months in advance (aka the two albums), so there is very little room to be shocked or disappointed.

30 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Because festivals are shorter and do often have a different setlist. It will be similar of course but it'll be interesting to see the first non festival setlist.

Actually not. When they had a 3h set in 21st CB and Trilogy days they always played the same amount of time and songs on festival, same for revrad, same for hella mega.

I am always optimistic that solo shows would be longer than festivas, bit this was never the case

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hermione said:

If they add a couple more Saviors songs for non festival shows I'll be happy, it's just the way it is when they're fitting in playing two albums in full. Agree Fancy Sauce would be best! KYE as a song is whatever but it's genuinely amazing live so I honestly don't mind if they always play it lol. It's short too. 

I think a playlist like this would be pretty sweet. But as I said, already the two albums is a dream come true for 20-years-ago Cristhyne. If they also play Fancy Sauce at the any of the shows I'm going to, that'd be just a cherry on top.

• Like 2

Im going to Germany to hear Dookie and American Idiot, but im also going to Italy for the festival part with the hopes of hearing more songs from other albums, especially Saviors😬