European tour 2024

Joe K

I'm in England. I'm hoping for solo show tbh. I need to get pre sale. But probably thousands of others do too. It's going to be nerve racking trying to get tickets 😂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillenniumFan said:

Man Glastonbury would be amazing but not holding my breath.

Also, I'd love for them to come to Greenfield again, that's my favourite festival in Switzerland. It's just such a great size, around 30'000 people and great location, very well organised etc. Equally, I'd be over the moon if they went to TRNSMT, my absolute favourite music festival, but they've never been there, though they did play at T in the park in 2005 and were also all set to play at Bellahouston Park in 2017 (the same location as TRNSMT), before that event then got cancelled. Anyone remember that whole drama?

Don't remind me😭😭

• Sad 2

99% they will headline german Rock am Ring festival

i reaaaally hope they will atleast play some own shows this time around (in germany)

in 2022 they also headlined this festival, and only played a berlin show, but you couldnt go to the berlin show if you went to Rock am Ring because its almost at the same time (with camping days etc)

so after 2017 (last time) i wish for more own shows in germany

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Murkrage said:

They're definitely headlining BST and / or Reading. I don't see Glastonbury happening, but happy to be proven wrong.

Reading can't happen based on their US dates. So that makes BST or Glasto (if any), and I agree they're not a very 'Glastonbury' band, even though they'd smash it. Glasto also don't pay very high rates at all, so BST looks the best fit for them imo if they do play some sort of festival.

That's if they do of course, they might just go alone and play their own gigs and nothing else.

Edited by elephantstone
  • Like 2

They were asked, around Revrad I think, about Glastonbury and it just wasn't on their radar but Billie Joe has been to Glastonbury since so at least he is now more familiar with it.  They  have been big on retro or legacy acts, which hasn't always gone that well, for the last few years so who knows.  

• Like 1

Im hoping for an easier show to get to in the north this time around. Huddersfield was quite awkward especially with it being a smaller place, a weird choice. Ended up going to Glasgow as well with a days notice. Hope they bring back Manchester or Leeds for this tour. 

• Love 1

If they could come to Newcastle (or even Sunderland if it's a stadium tour) around the 19th of May that would be cool :whistle

Not getting my hopes up though since they've forgotten the north east exists for the past 2 decades :mad:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, pouty bitch said:

If they could come to Newcastle (or even Sunderland if it's a stadium tour) around the 19th of May that would be cool :whistle

Not getting my hopes up though since they've forgotten the north east exists for the past 2 decades :mad:

That would be fab! Getting to Huddersfield last time was a nightmare with train strikes, and the stadium was quite badly organised. 

• Like 3

Huddersfield was a very strange choice of location 😂 I want them back in Belfast, if they came to Boucher Road they’d be a 10 min drive from their album cover 😏

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jengd said:

They were asked, around Revrad I think, about Glastonbury and it just wasn't on their radar but Billie Joe has been to Glastonbury since so at least he is now more familiar with it.  They  have been big on retro or legacy acts, which hasn't always gone that well, for the last few years so who knows.  

Yeah I think Glasto bringing Guns n Roses in last year may have opened a whole new door for them, given GnR were previously another very 'un-Glasto' band.

Quite honestly I think they'd be perfect headliners, tons of bangers that everyone knows and a huge audience, but BST looks far, far more nailed on in all honesty.

3 hours ago, pouty bitch said:

Remember when in 2017 they initially went to Manchester and Leeds, but ignored the rest of the North, Midlands and South outside London, oh and of course Scotland and Wales. What a weird choice of location :lol:

1 hour ago, jengd said:

I would love them to do Glasto as we always get great tv coverage of it in the UK.

It's also reaaally great for publicity. Glastonbury headline performances are usually all over YouTube.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, jengd said:

I’m seeing stuff about Glastonbury having a big American artist but also that it’ll be Madonna. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah Glasto looking like Madonna, Dua Lipa and Coldplay at this stage, though the rumours chop and change all the time. Regardless, Green Day were always pretty unlikely for there, it would just be awesome.

Similarly, Green Day have never played Download but they'd undoubtedly fit in there. Again, I think BST are more likely, they likely pay quite well and it's more of a day gig than an actual festival, but Download is certainly possibility if dates allow.

The likes of Rock AM Ring and Rock Werchter are quite likely too I'd expect.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

99% they will headline german Rock am Ring festival

i reaaaally hope they will atleast play some own shows this time around (in germany)

in 2022 they also headlined this festival, and only played a berlin show, but you couldnt go to the berlin show if you went to Rock am Ring because its almost at the same time (with camping days etc)

so after 2017 (last time) i wish for more own shows in germany

Yes, same! I went to both shows last year (RiP and Berlin), but it was indeed stressful (and expensive 😵‍💫). Hoping for a 2017-esque tour this time!

1 hour ago, farley drexel hatcher said:

I’ve heard Download fest 

Download is announcing a fee days after so it’s unlikely

thinks QOTSA A7x and FOB are downloads

On 10/26/2023 at 11:09 AM, purplebenny said:

Download is announcing a fee days after so it’s unlikely

thinks QOTSA A7x and FOB are downloads

I thought Download was more heavier music? Like Wacken or something. But could be wrong.

Seems like SP are only playing in USA with them, right?

I mean when Green Day hopefully headline RaR/RiP festival SP are in UK, but they‘re playing 6(?) shows there? Idk. I like SP as an opening act like Rise Against in 2010

I’m not convinced they’ll do download, it usually heavier/screamo (is it still called that 😂) Avenged Sevenfold/BmTH type stuff.  Reading &Leeds, absolutely.

I'm hoping for more than one UK date. Can see them headlining BST again, but wanting a few more shows dotted around - Liverpool, Manchester or Leeds ideally. Had to sell my Hella Mega ticket because of the train strikes so really don't want to miss out this time round

Went to the Huddersfield HM gig and the organisation, the number of toilets, and the food “options” were shocking. If they do a football stadium next year, it needs to be a venue that does these things better.

I was at Leeds arena last night for Fall Out Boy and I hope that GD pick that venue if they do an arena tour. I live in Newcastle, but Leeds it is a much better venue than Newcastle in terms of fan experience, which is why many bands like GD avoid Newcastle. The only criticism I had of Leeds last night was the horrific queue for the ladies between the support act and FOB- had we stayed in the queue rather than walking away from it, we would not have been back in our seats in time.