European tour 2024

Joe K

3 minutes ago, Saviour said:

Yeah maybe. I bought four, as there'll be some yet-to-be-determined mates who will come along too... Having said that they'll be much more casual listeners than I am, so maybe I just suck it up and just enjoy the general admission with some beers and good company.

Either that or I jump the barrier. :runaround:

Good luck then either way!😜

This is my third time buying tickets for Bellahouston in Glasgow.  As it's just a park I think they are only ever GA.  Did I say before, but wifi is shocking out there, take cash with you.  For HM the queues for food and merch were horrific due to bad connectivity, I breezed through with cash! Also, transport out there is rubbish, Happy Bus do a good deal though, in and out of city centre.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jengd said:

This is my third time buying tickets for Bellahouston in Glasgow.  As it's just a park I think they are only ever GA.  Did I say before, but wifi is shocking out there, take cash with you.  For HM the queues for food and merch were horrific due to bad connectivity, I breezed through with cash! Also, transport out there is rubbish, Happy Bus do a good deal though, in and out of city centre.

Yeah public transport in Glasgow is miserable. Scotrail is quite decent these days, but the closest station is still a while away and services at night are patchy. Even during the day, services between Edinburgh and Glasgow say or Paisley and Glasgow are excellent, but on the branch running out near Bellahouston Park there are probably only 1-2 trains an hour. Plus, service usually ends before midnight, so beware, you probably cannot take the train back from the venue even if getting there works just fine. I got an airbnb in walking distance of Glasgow Green for TRNSMT this year and it served me well, because the privatised buses are utter RUBBISH. Not sure if accommodation close by will be an option for everyone, but if it isn't make sure to familiarise yourself with the relevant bus lines, different private operators and various ticket options beforehand. 

On a side note, this is THANKFULLY all soon set to change, because the council is likely to move forward on a motion for London-style bus franchising next March. This would mean all buses would be publicly regulated by a single metropolitan authority and tickets as well as timetables would be integrated with all other forms of public transport (the subway and scotrail), like has been the norm in the rest of the civilised world and London. They're rolling this out in Manchester at the moment too and Liverpool and Leeds are soon to follow. So that is indeed great news. But when I say soon, more like 2028/2029 at the earliest :lol: Soooo, not too relevant for the moment sadly.

19 minutes ago, lobosillo said:

Do you know when they are going to announce the next secret shows in Europe? Maybe Barcelona is next week?

Meant to be returning to US on Saturday I believe.  Can't remember why I think that with all the stuff flying around just now!

• Like 1

Really really really hope they'll throw us a bone in some way regarding the setlist. Whether that's playing Homecoming, Whatsername, Sassafras Roots or Pulling Teeth, I really don't care. 

But you simply cannot advertise 30 years of Dookie and 20 years of american idiot front and centre everywhere, on the official website, on Ticketmaster, on concert posters etc. and then revert to playing a standard Hella Mega setlist imo. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Yeah public transport in Glasgow is miserable. Scotrail is quite decent these days, but the closest station is still a while away and services at night are patchy. Even during the day, services between Edinburgh and Glasgow say or Paisley and Glasgow are excellent, but on the branch running out near Bellahouston Park there are probably only 1-2 trains an hour. Plus, service usually ends before midnight, so beware, you probably cannot take the train back from the venue even if getting there works just fine. I got an airbnb in walking distance of Glasgow Green for TRNSMT this year and it served me well, because the privatised buses are utter RUBBISH. Not sure if accommodation close by will be an option for everyone, but if it isn't make sure to familiarise yourself with the relevant bus lines, different private operators and various ticket options beforehand. 

On a side note, this is THANKFULLY all soon set to change, because the council is likely to move forward on a motion for London-style bus franchising next March. This would mean all buses would be publicly regulated by a single metropolitan authority and tickets as well as timetables would be integrated with all other forms of public transport (the subway and scotrail), like has been the norm in the rest of the civilised world and London. They're rolling this out in Manchester at the moment too and Liverpool and Leeds are soon to follow. So that is indeed great news. But when I say soon, more like 2028/2029 at the earliest :lol: Soooo, not too relevant for the moment sadly.

I used Happy Bus last time to get back in, they were ok, a little shambolic but it did the job, otherwise it's a couple of miles walk.  On a plus side, there were quite a lot of folks walked back into the city last year and think they had quite a bit of fun.  Might be last straw for the feet though after the concert!  Don't think they saw a  service bus the whole way!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jengd said:

I used Happy Bus last time to get back in, they were ok, a little shambolic but it did the job, otherwise it's a couple of miles walk.  On a plus side, there were quite a lot of folks walked back into the city last year and think they had quite a bit of fun.  Might be last straw for the feet though after the concert!  Don't think they saw a  service bus the whole way!

I might give Happy Bus a try this time. Seems the event is not listed on their website yet, fingers crossed that it will appear in due time though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jengd said:

I heavily regret not booking travel back to the centre last time, ended up walking for 2 hours back to my airbnb 

15 minutes ago, elephantstone said:

Manchester bought. Couldn't risk Wembley with it being same weekend as Glasto.

Hmm, I wonder whether they'll be able to fill Wembley with that being the case...

3 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

I'm on Ecosia on my phone if that helps.

I'm obviously not giving Green Day enough credit if stadium tickets went that fast!

We’re gonna need another bad album again so we can get tickets!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Beathe. said:

Got tickets to Paris, Manchester, Glasgow and London. I'm officially broke. 😄😅

*Green Day suddenly announces club show in Oslo*

Spoiler

sorry that's a rather cruel joke of mine :lol:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

*Green Day suddenly announces club show in Oslo*

Hide contents

sorry that's a rather cruel joke of mine :lol:

That won't happend, but at least then I wouldn't have to travel. 😅 I was in Paris last week and that was a rather pricey trip since it was last minute. 🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

Really really really hope they'll throw us a bone in some way regarding the setlist. Whether that's playing Homecoming, Whatsername, Sassafras Roots or Pulling Teeth, I really don't care. 

But you simply cannot advertise 30 years of Dookie and 20 years of american idiot front and centre everywhere, on the official website, on Ticketmaster, on concert posters etc. and then revert to playing a standard Hella Mega setlist imo. 

I honestly think they could keep the Paris/Milan setlist. It still features all the hits and many of the deep cuts are either singles (RevRad, Father of All, Oh Love) or songs that are extremely popular with the majority of fans (Whatsername, Stuart and the Ave). I’m sure most fans who are willing to spend $200 on a ticket will know most of these songs. And even if they don’t, they’ll still hear all the hits.

• Like 2

And again, Ticketmaster is the biggest shit for Tickets. It was the 3rd time it doesn‘t work for me (after Hella Mega and Fall Out Boy) and I already used the code (nope, I didn‘t). Thanks to o2 Germany for presale for Eventim to buy Tickets for Golden Circle in Hamburg. Fucking hate Ticketmaster. Never had a problem with Eventim but Ticketmaster.

• Sad 2

Yeah can confirm ticketmaster is wank. Can anybody else without pre-sale code already see the 'package' tickets?

I weirdly have access to that already (but hellllllll no to paying 546€ for those!!)

Really hope standard tickets will be available on friday for general access

38 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

And again, Ticketmaster is the biggest shit for Tickets. It was the 3rd time it doesn‘t work for me (after Hella Mega and Fall Out Boy) and I already used the code (nope, I didn‘t). Thanks to o2 Germany for presale for Eventim to buy Tickets for Golden Circle in Hamburg. Fucking hate Ticketmaster. Never had a problem with Eventim but Ticketmaster.

Honestly, I’m really sorry to hear that. Echt scheisse. They crushed my dream with regards to Milan (yeah that’s the last time I’ll whine about it on here, I promise :lol:), but to be fair that was always gonna be hard seeing it’s a venue with 1000 as capacity. 

But I had forgotten just how bad Ticketmaster really is and seeing all of you guys on here with PRESALE access codes getting repeatedly screwed is gut-wrenching to watch. And with venues usually around 30k in capacity or more and considering this is just the presale, there’s no fucking excuse for it. So, really sorry to hear it. This is bullshit. 

1 hour ago, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

I honestly think they could keep the Paris/Milan setlist. It still features all the hits and many of the deep cuts are either singles (RevRad, Father of All, Oh Love) or songs that are extremely popular with the majority of fans (Whatsername, Stuart and the Ave). I’m sure most fans who are willing to spend $200 on a ticket will know most of these songs. And even if they don’t, they’ll still hear all the hits.

I wish, but I really don’t think they will. Ah screw this, I’ll be the hopeless optimist for a while: 

Let’s say they play the same set as in Milan. It’s a good framework, they could then swap out the Dookie and AI deepcuts for other songs from either album after say 3-4 shows. Extraordinarily Girl, She’s A Rebel, Are We The Waiting, Give Me Novacaine; Pulling Teeth, Having A Blast, Sassafras Roots, F.O.D. 

There look - everybody’s happy now :) 

Well, everyone apart from Fantano anyway.

• Like 1