European tour 2024

Joe K

2 hours ago, Murkrage said:

I didn't get the code yet. I didn't pre-order but did sign up to that mailing list, which according to the FAQ was enough. Am I really going to miss out on the pre-order? Fuuuuuuck...

Same boat…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Giovanni Giova Zampieri said:

Just sent the documentation to be recognized as a person with a disability to the Wembley organization. Fingers crossed.

Im curious what do they offer for as an accommodation? I also have a disability and didn’t realize the stadiums offered this.

• Like 2

If those ticket prices are true then I'm only going to Glasgow instead of both London and Glasgow 

Insane prices 😳 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Yeah don’t like how they’ve organised this tour so far:

- really few tour dates, covering a lot fewer countries than usual and most are festivals

- ticket prices for Green Day used to be well below other bands, now they’re merely midfield

- Green Day used not to make a great distinction between seating and standing categories, now they’re following the path of most other artists in splitting things up

- presale access codes are great in theory, but did not apply to the club shows, where they were needed most, and are patchy for the remaining tour dates

- for the Milan show, the official Green Day website linked to ticketmaster, when in fact there were three different providers selling tickets and ticketmaster likely only had a small number of tickets on their own site. Very disappointing. 

I could go on. Let me say that I am very grateful for being a fan right now in other ways, not least due to how good they sound live and because the new album seems like it’ll be fantastic, but on the touring front this is has been one huge wave of disappointments so far. 

Exactly. It’s fine if they don’t want to/can’t play as many shows as they used to. But the fair ticket prices always separated them from other big rock artists. I remember how surprised I was when the Foo Fighters charged more than 100€ for their concert in Hamburg. That must have been back in 2017/2018.   I thought that that’s something Green Day wouldn’t do. Of course times have changed since then and everything is getting more expensive but I still believe that artists as big as Green Day have a little bit of control over these things. There’s absolutely no need to make people pay more money just to stand closer to the stage. That just creates a division among the fans. Many artists are doing it but that doesn’t make it any better. I saw MCR last summer and thought that it’s kind of shitty of them to make this distinction and it’s the same with Green Day. I love the band and it’s a great time to be a fan. Still, I hope their concerts won’t become too expensive to attend for the average fan.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Will there be early entry options available?

Reminiscing of the good old times in 2010 when I paid 50€ for Wembley.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

Really struggling to see if  I should get standing or seating for Wembley this when I’m not going with anyone, always done standing before but I feel getting older 😂

38 minutes ago, Karl Karlson said:

Anyone need a pre-sale code?

Hide contents

GDA2GJEGFDM

Are you not using yours? Im pretty sure they are one time use unique codes.

So if codes are unique, do you need two codes to buy tickets for two different venues?

Edited by jengd
Correction
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jengd said:

So if codes are unique, do you need to buy tickets for two different venues?

No idea, I've just seen a lot of talk on twitter that codes are unique, and I did think they looked a bit odd this year and not your standard code word. My code also doesn't match the other member who shared their code.  

53 minutes ago, DookieDerpy said:

Fall Out Boy had the same process. You can buy tickets for a show and return and try another.

a friend of mine has the same problem with mailing list and got no code. Seems like only pre-order worked and not as said just sign up….

1 hour ago, Karl Karlson said:

Anyone need a pre-sale code?

Reveal hidden contents

GDA2GJEGFDM

they must be one-time codes, so if I were you I would tell people to DM you if they want one, else several people might try to use them without success

2 hours ago, Seanz25 said:

Same boat…

I emailed them. This was their reply:

Hello!

Thank you for getting in touch regarding the Green Day pre-sale.

We're sorry to hear that you haven't received your presale code.

There has been a slight delay in the codes being sent out to you. We want to assure you that you will receive your code ahead of the presale tomorrow morning.

We want to apologise for any inconvenience or concern caused.

On 11/6/2023 at 10:38 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

You can literally see it in all the videos of the club shows. It looks like a monitor and sits on the stage in front of him. Some videos you can see the setlist on it, others you can see him looking down and reading off of it to sing the deep tracks

Thanks. I haven't got around to watching any of the videos yet (I know, what a bad fan!)lol! I got no issues with him using though.

1 hour ago, Murkrage said:

I emailed them. This was their reply:

Hello!

Thank you for getting in touch regarding the Green Day pre-sale.

We're sorry to hear that you haven't received your presale code.

There has been a slight delay in the codes being sent out to you. We want to assure you that you will receive your code ahead of the presale tomorrow morning.

We want to apologise for any inconvenience or concern caused.

Which email did you contact them on? 

8 hours ago, jengd said:

I’ve never been to a show that wasn’t just standing, is this as straightforward as it seems? As a really short person I would be inclined to go for front standing and I could stand towards the back.  Does that make sense?

That makes sense. It's what I'd try and do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Insomniac90 said:

Fall Out Boy had the same process. You can buy tickets for a show and return and try another.

a friend of mine has the same problem with mailing list and got no code. Seems like only pre-order worked and not as said just sign up….

Me and my sister both only signed up, didn’t pre order anything and have both already received codes - hopefully they’ll still come through in time 

6 hours ago, Lenny said:

Im curious what do they offer for as an accommodation? I also have a disability and didn’t realize the stadiums offered this.

Quite frankly, I don't know. The other times I saw them (Futurshow Station/Unipol Arena in Bologna, and Milan at I-Days Festival) there were platforms above the ground for wheelchairs. And they were very far from the stage, especially at the last I-Days location (which is the reason why I am not happy they're returning to that festival). I think that Wembley will have some sort of above-the-ground platform too.

1 hour ago, Giovanni Giova Zampieri said:

Quite frankly, I don't know. The other times I saw them (Futurshow Station/Unipol Arena in Bologna, and Milan at I-Days Festival) there were platforms above the ground for wheelchairs. And they were very far from the stage, especially at the last I-Days location (which is the reason why I am not happy they're returning to that festival). I think that Wembley will have some sort of above-the-ground platform too.

Hopefully it’s a better experience for you this time. I know accommodations can always be tough from my own experiences. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DookieDerpy said:

No, there are no Austrian shows and I'm not gonna travel for a GD show. I'm not a fan of attending huge shows anymore, I rather watch smaller bands.