European tour 2024

Joe K

13 hours ago, paperlanterns22 said:

I hope they don’t drop it but my gut feeling has been telling me they may after this tour. But at the same time they seem to really be having fun with it so I could also seeing them keeping it. I feel like they could get away with alternating between JOS and Homecoming nightly during future tours 

Totally agree! KYE is fun and a "boost" imo, but I think it's time to replace it. 
Alternating between JOS and Homecoming could be a good idea, but I also fear that it's a "hit or miss" situation for some fans? 🤔

6 hours ago, That Dude said:

Still Breathing is a big one from an album that is generally liked.    

Still Breathing is gorgeous 🥰

• Like 4

didnt play fall out boy songs from every album at their download show?

it would be a great opportunity to finally hear songs they never play (looking at you: trilogy)

imagine a set where they play 2-3 songs from EVERY album, and maybe even switch a few songs during a tour

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

didnt play fall out boy songs from every album at their download show?

it would be a great opportunity to finally hear songs they never play (looking at you: trilogy)

imagine a set where they play 2-3 songs from EVERY album, and maybe even switch a few songs during a tour

Yes, this should be the new standard instead of Anniversary shows.  https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/fall-out-boy/2024/donington-park-castle-donington-england-4babaf0a.html   2-3 songs from every album is the perfect idea, although I don't think they are capable of skipping the Dookie and Idiot hits, lol.  It'd be 5 from both of those and then 2 from all the other albums.  34 songs, that's totally doable.  

I've come to accept the dismissal of FOAM and Trilogy, as much as I adore those records.  The band know the world at large thinks they suck and they want their shows to be enjoyable for fans.  And the speculation that the songs make Billie feel bad or something. 

2 marriage proposals in the last two shows !!!

Will London make it a hatrick ?

On 6/27/2024 at 7:28 PM, paperlanterns22 said:

I hope they don’t drop it but my gut feeling has been telling me they may after this tour. But at the same time they seem to really be having fun with it so I could also seeing them keeping it. I feel like they could get away with alternating between JOS and Homecoming nightly during future tours 

I have been wishing for them to alternate between JoS and Homecoming since the American Idiot tour in 2005. I gave up on that hope during the 21stCBD tour in 2009 when they played two nights in a row in NYC and both nights they played JoS. 

Maybe now that they have seen the crowd loves it they might do it? But I still wouldn't get my hopes up. 

On 6/27/2024 at 6:51 PM, solongfromthestars said:

The Glasgow show was absolutely incredible (and I posted my pics and gushing in the thread for it), but there is something that needs to be said and I think it's better said here than in the show thread because it may well happen again.

The crowd was really chill while Green Day were playing. When Tre threw his drumsticks to Mike's side, however, people went apeshit like nothing I've ever seen before (well, maybe the rabid behaviour at The Longshot). At least five people were dragged or knocked to the floor – including my friend who's 60 and disabled – when everyone scrambled to get drumsticks. They were fighting each other for them and trampling on the people on the floor like they were objects in the way. I couldn't even try to help because I just couldn't get past these rabid people, and my friend had been dragged so far back that I couldn't even see her. An older man and some girls who'd managed to get back up were desperately trying to haul others to their feet, but they were being shoved too. There was one lady who just couldn't get up, so she put her arms over her head to protect herself instead. She must have been down there for at least a few minutes and my friend was too.

When my friend finally got up, her phone had been flung out of her hand and her glasses were broken. I had to literally scream at these nutters to wait a minute while we looked for the phone. A guy had been shoved onto the barrier beside me while all this went down and he was like, "I'm a drummer and it doesn't mean that much to me. What the fuck?" And like, yeah? I'm a drummer too and it would never occur to me to fucking trample on someone for the sake of a drumstick. Whatever happened to "if someone falls down, pick them back up?" Where were the venue security? I know the show had ended but they managed to show their faces to tell us to get out. A lot of the especially rabid people had 2-3 drumsticks which wasn't cool either (I don't need one, but it was shitty for people who don't have one yet).

This is how my friend described it:

6e7e7fcab040b1ebefd92f08631797823689b1a1

We spoke to a security guard near the VIP garden afterwards and he was absolutely lovely. He said they're going to check CCTV and will make the band aware of it so I hope they really will.

Let me be clear that I'm not trying to get sympathy. I wasn't personally hurt. I got an amazing spot thanks to my friend holding it while I froze in a panic, and I'm very grateful I was there at such an amazing show. But this is sickening behaviour that any decent person would be angered by.

What an awful experience!! And it could have been so much worse, someone could have gotten gravely injured like that. I am glad it was not the case, but it still must have been so scary. Luckily I didn't see this behavior at any of the shows I attended. In Paris one girl did fall when people dived for the drumsticks, but a guy and I immediately helped her up with no problem. And I didn't see any one get multiple sticks, nor fighting over one. 

16 hours ago, cav9mm said:

2 marriage proposals in the last two shows !!!

Will London make it a hatrick ?

Unpopular opinion, but I kinda hate these. 😅 I mean, I am glad for the people I have seen getting engaged in the videos that have circulated, because they seem so happy. But if my partner proposed to me during a Green Day show, I would be less than thrilled. If he did it while they play the American Idiot set I could slap him, like "pal I am on an emotional roller-coaster here, let me enjoy this ride and we can deal with this later" 😂 if I am in a Green Day concert I want to fully absorb it and experience and commit it to memory, I don't want to be emotionally checked out for part of the show because someone proposed to me. To be fair, for the same reason I don't like wedding proposals at graduations or other significant life events. 

But again, the people in the videos looked happy and excited, so congrats to them! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hope everyone has an amazing time at Wembley tonight! See you there :runaround:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CristhyneS said:

I have been wishing for them to alternate between JoS and Homecoming since the American Idiot tour in 2005. I gave up on that hope during the 21stCBD tour in 2009 when they played two nights in a row in NYC and both nights they played JoS. 

Maybe now that they have seen the crowd loves it they might do it? But I still wouldn't get my hopes up. 

What an awful experience!! And it could have been so much worse, someone could have gotten gravely injured like that. I am glad it was not the case, but it still must have been so scary. Luckily I didn't see this behavior at any of the shows I attended. In Paris one girl did fall when people dived for the drumsticks, but a guy and I immediately helped her up with no problem. And I didn't see any one get multiple sticks, nor fighting over one. 

Unpopular opinion, but I kinda hate these. 😅 I mean, I am glad for the people I have seen getting engaged in the videos that have circulated, because they seem so happy. But if my partner proposed to me during a Green Day show, I would be less than thrilled. If he did it while they play the American Idiot set I could slap him, like "pal I am on an emotional roller-coaster here, let me enjoy this ride and we can deal with this later" 😂 if I am in a Green Day concert I want to fully absorb it and experience and commit it to memory, I don't want to be emotionally checked out for part of the show because someone proposed to me. To be fair, for the same reason I don't like wedding proposals at graduations or other significant life events. 

But again, the people in the videos looked happy and excited, so congrats to them! 

I so agree with you re the marriage proposals, don’t bother me now, I’m watching Green Day ffs!

• Like 4

Wow can’t believe the European leg of the saviors tour is almost done. One month flew by! Next stop… Washington DC, see some of yall there!

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Hopefully they return for an arena tour next year

THIS! I need this!🤞🤞 I did half wonder if they would do a second arena leg next year?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

I can't believe it's over already! This tour seemed so short. I've missed Green Day 🥹

Same, and I miss them already now. 😭 Have so much fun, USA, this tour is kicking ass. Can't wait for the next one.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This european leg seemed amazing. I really hope they bring this tour to South America!

• Like 3

On this tour, I noticed they often have problems with microphone feedback (high-pitched, squealing noises) when Billie is standing on the catwalk. I never noticed them having issues with that phenomenon before. Is it just me, or have others noticed it too?

1 hour ago, Karol Oliveira said:

This european leg seemed amazing. I really hope they bring this tour to South America!

It they announce a tour in South America with a stop in Venezuela, my poor heart wouldn't be able to take it. I would definitely have to go (haven't been back since I moved to France 6 years ago). 

As it is, I am trying hard to think of an excuse to go to the US to see them. I still can't fully believe I was so lucky as to hear AI full live three times, but I also haven't been able to come to come to terms with the idea that I might never experience that again. 

• Like 3

Hell of a leg! 

• Like 1

Are there any really good pro shot versions of “Pulling Teeth” from the recent tour ?

On 7/2/2024 at 4:10 PM, cav9mm said:

Are there any really good pro shot versions of “Pulling Teeth” from the recent tour ?

No, they didn't play at both festival that we have a pro shot recording of

Went to Paris, Manchester, Glasgow & London.

I hope they can do an arena tour next time. Some Scandinavian shows would be great too. 🙏

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Beathe. said:

I hope they can do an arena tour next time. Some Scandinavian shows would be great too. 🙏

Yes please!

• Love 1