European tour 2024

Joe K

2 hours ago, jengd said:

Couple of dogs patrolling last night, not aware of having seen that before.

What a night! Crowd were a bit dull where I was and it’s a bit of an odd venue.  Billie laughed at one point and said “why are some of you pointing backwards”.  I don’t think those seats had been sold but folk had moved in to them to be closer, some were very far from the stage. BUT Green Day were fantastic, as good as ever I saw them I think.  Billie is looking very trim, sounds fantastic, was in great form and clearly enjoying himself.  I’m liking Corey O’Toole, he’s there but not doing as much as Jason who is too present for me sometimes.  Jason W had blue hair, at least it looked like it.  You know the setlist, but they came almost 15 mins early, 7. 45 and played til about 10.20 give or take a minute.  Their energy never faltered, it was over too soon and I can’t wait to do it again Tuesday! 

There were dogs and police in Turin in 2017 but I think that was perhaps because it was the first big tour happening after the tragic events in Paris a couple of months prior? Maybe anyway.

My friend who was at one of the other shows liked Coley too. For me JF's Careless Whisper has outlived it's appeal but the crowd always seem to love it.

It is an odd venue. I didn't like it back in 2010.

Glad you had a fantastic time.

• Like 1

• Like 4

Merch was very hot I thought.  We were there about 5.30 and all patches had gone, t-shirts etc selling hand over fist.  There were signs in the stalls saying they would shut at 9.45 but they were still open when gig finished so maybe they aren’t meeting their targets.

• Like 1

What time should I arrive to get merch? I’m going to the show in Toronto on August 1st and I really don’t wanna miss out. For people who have been to the shows so far, what time did y’all get there?

2 hours ago, kybry13 said:

What time should I arrive to get merch? I’m going to the show in Toronto on August 1st and I really don’t wanna miss out. For people who have been to the shows so far, what time did y’all get there?

I think it depends on when and where they are going to sell it.

In Germany the merch was sold only inside the venues, so most people just bought their stuff after the show (although I've heard that in Hamburg they shut it while there were still people in line waiting to buy something 🤨).

In Arnhem the merch was sold outside the venue and it opened around 2.30.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kybry13 said:

In Lyon and Paris merch was sold outside, and the booths opened about 2h before doors opened. In Lyon at least the booth was closed when we came out of the concert, not sure about Paris. 

In Hamburg, as the post above me mentioned, merch was sold inside the venue. For Hamburg I arrived maybe 20-15 min before the opening act started and the city-specific badges were sold out (huge bummer) and the t-shirt I liked was only left in bigger sizes, so I walked away empty handed. 

What does everyone think of the half or full step down Minority they’ve been doing recently? Pretty sure it’s their first time doing that song in a different key no?

Are they selling that plush hand grenade that Billie holds at the beginning of St Jimmy? I would love to get that 

Green Day just posted the patches for the last shows

fca14b5ff87b204a58fdf2ac427ea7eb192c0e8b

And Glasgow is now sold out

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Green Day just posted the patches for the last shows

fca14b5ff87b204a58fdf2ac427ea7eb192c0e8b

And Glasgow is now sold out

It took me quite a few minutes to realise, that the London one doesn't actually feature three Lions!!🤭😆 I really like it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Psycho Britney said:

It took me quite a few minutes to realise, that the London one doesn't actually feature three Lions!!🤭😆 I really like it!

Well spotted! I hadn't realised! 

• Thanks 1

I hope they do the patches for the US tour. I want a Pittsburgh one

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 6/24/2024 at 3:32 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Are they selling that plush hand grenade that Billie holds at the beginning of St Jimmy? I would love to get that 

Oooooh I wish they had sold those. Maybe they'll come in one of the packages for the American Idiot 20th anniversary edition.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jengd said:

I think I might agree.  The only downside is Billie has less interaction with the crowd, he has a lot to get through.  I thought it might feel like they were just ticking boxes but though they blast through each song I got no sense of them just going through the motions, they are clearly getting a kick out of playing both records and new stuff.

They do look like they are enjoying playing both records.  Billie said it was cathartic for him to play through American Idiot.  Clearly, because he still gets emotional sometimes when he sings Whatername or JOS.  🥰

• Like 1
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, ThranaM said:

Loving the tour so far - such  a shame that I don't get to see them this year (fingers crossed for a 2nd leg)

+ Homecoming sounds and seems to be the highlight of the show (please do not remove this song from future setlists, ever)

I hope they don’t drop it but my gut feeling has been telling me they may after this tour. But at the same time they seem to really be having fun with it so I could also seeing them keeping it. I feel like they could get away with alternating between JOS and Homecoming nightly during future tours 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, solongfromthestars said:

The Glasgow show was absolutely incredible (and I posted my pics and gushing in the thread for it), but there is something that needs to be said and I think it's better said here than in the show thread because it may well happen again.

The crowd was really chill while Green Day were playing. When Tre threw his drumsticks to Mike's side, however, people went apeshit like nothing I've ever seen before (well, maybe the rabid behaviour at The Longshot). At least five people were dragged or knocked to the floor – including my friend who's 60 and disabled – when everyone scrambled to get drumsticks. They were fighting each other for them and trampling on the people on the floor like they were objects in the way. I couldn't even try to help because I just couldn't get past these rabid people, and my friend had been dragged so far back that I couldn't even see her. An older man and some girls who'd managed to get back up were desperately trying to haul others to their feet, but they were being shoved too. There was one lady who just couldn't get up, so she put her arms over her head to protect herself instead. She must have been down there for at least a few minutes and my friend was too.

When my friend finally got up, her phone had been flung out of her hand and her glasses were broken. I had to literally scream at these nutters to wait a minute while we looked for the phone. A guy had been shoved onto the barrier beside me while all this went down and he was like, "I'm a drummer and it doesn't mean that much to me. What the fuck?" And like, yeah? I'm a drummer too and it would never occur to me to fucking trample on someone for the sake of a drumstick. Whatever happened to "if someone falls down, pick them back up?" Where were the venue security? I know the show had ended but they managed to show their faces to tell us to get out. A lot of the especially rabid people had 2-3 drumsticks which wasn't cool either (I don't need one, but it was shitty for people who don't have one yet).

This is how my friend described it:

6e7e7fcab040b1ebefd92f08631797823689b1a1

We spoke to a security guard near the VIP garden afterwards and he was absolutely lovely. He said they're going to check CCTV and will make the band aware of it so I hope they really will.

Let me be clear that I'm not trying to get sympathy. I wasn't personally hurt. I got an amazing spot thanks to my friend holding it while I froze in a panic, and I'm very grateful I was there at such an amazing show. But this is sickening behaviour that any decent person would be angered by.

God that’s awful!  Sadly there are always a few folk happy to spoil things for the majority.

If they could plug in "Going to Pasalaqua" and "Still Breathing", these shows would be absolutely perfect.    This tour seems to be bringing in a lot of money for them to crawl in.   Perhaps they could tweak this into a future set list that would perfectly celebrate all eras of the band.  Except FOAM and Trilogy.   Those songs are so masterful, it's like Billie said in his This is 40 deleted scene.....it can't be performed live.   too dangerous.   lol.     I'm pushing my luck on the town now, but maybe "Father of All" could possibly get crammed in somewhere?  No?    Dang.   Oh Love?     I know, I know.   But Pasalaqua and Still Breathing seem like they should be in the mix somewhere.   Still Breathing is a big one from an album that is generally liked.    

• Like 1