New single - Look Ma, No Brains! - Out November 2nd

AnonymWarnerGermany

4 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Music video doesn't blow me away

I quite like it tbh 

Very simple, like the song, but I think that matches the vibe rather well. 

• Like 1

So this is Black & White GD era, huh? I like it a lot, not as much as TADIKM, but still, feels like an outtake from Insomniac.

• Love 2

1 minute ago, Bakabanas said:

So this is Black & White GD era, huh? I like it a lot, not as much as TADIKM, but still, feels like an outtake from Insomniac.

If so that's not a bad aesthetic tbh 

• Like 1

Song's pretty dope. The video? Meh, pretty basic, but it's not trying to be all that anyway. Really wish it was in color though. In fact, very saturated colors as a callback to the Basket Case video would've been sick.

And is it just m e or do the harmonies on YouTube sound kinda low? I'm flipping back and forth with Spotify, and the backup vocals are way clearer there. I can barely hear them on YouTube.

15 minutes ago, Bakabanas said:

13 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

If so that's not a bad aesthetic tbh 

Most GD albums have black & white album covers, or at least have the people in the covers in black & white. They certainly like the black & white aesthetic

39/Smooth, Kerplunk (I guess it counts), Nimrod, Warning, American Idiot/FOAMF (white arm, black background), 21st Century Breakdown (Christian & Gloria), Uno, Dos, Tré and now Saviors. But yes, this does seem to be the first era that's almost completely in black & white so far. The album cover, the music videos etc.

• Like 3

I think the song's alright, it definitely made a better impression on me than expected.

What I'm confused about is the timing of this release? It's been only 2 weeks since TADIKM came out.

Is short attention span this short these days or they just wanted to accompany the tour news with something tangible?

2 minutes ago, Malleus said:

I think it's partly because they wanted a new song to announce the tour with, and also those 7" promotional records they gave out had this as a B-side. I doubt it'll be such a quick turnover for the next single.

I hope you’re right. I’d like to see them go on shows and promote these songs for a while and release the third single closer to the album release date. It will likely be Father To A Son? It sound like this albums version of WMUWSE 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Well, that was a quick two minutes. 😂

I feel personally attacked 😅

• Like 1

This song is trash. Let's write a Ramones sounding song and use the riff we used not only in angel blue but also superstarship on the boo ep

• Like 2

The first part is eh then I get into it after the chorus and mikes bass really comes through 😁

• Surprised 1

3 minutes ago, nopride84 said:

This song is trash. Let's write a Ramones sounding song and use the riff we used not only in angel blue but also superstarship on the boo ep

yea and short

I really really like it, but one criticism I might have is just that it didn’t really need the extra guitar chord at the end of the last part where suicide is sung. I’ll probably get used to it, just seems a bit awkward at first

• Like 1