New single - Look Ma, No Brains! - Out November 2nd

AnonymWarnerGermany

I think the line is "I'm WITH stupid and I'm all by myself.   Or if he doesn't say with,  I think that's the joke, right?   

• Like 1

Thursday can’t come soon enough! So excited to hear the studio version of this song, and the Atmos mix as well considering how good TADIKM sounded :yay:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, alecandstuff said:

Thursday can’t come soon enough! So excited to hear the studio version of this song, and the Atmos mix as well considering how good TADIKM sounded :yay:

The only acceptable mix... is the Otis mix 😶

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

So we thinking this drops at midnight Thursday or later in the day?

Probably at the same time they announce the tour dates?

• Like 1

Just now, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

Probably at the same time they announce the tour dates?

Oh yeah makes sense.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, alecandstuff said:

Does Atmos make any difference in rock music? Guitars hard left/right, bass in the center, lead vocals in the center. The drums are the only instrument that's spread across the image. So where's the need for Atmos? 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flashback said:

Does Atmos make any difference in rock music? Guitars hard left/right, bass in the center, lead vocals in the center. The drums are the only instrument that's spread across the image. So where's the need for Atmos? 😅

I think GD’s first Atmos mix with TADIKM is actually better than most other rock mixes in Atmos. I personally love the sound stage it creates vs the traditional stereo sound! For this song, it doesn’t make a world’s of difference, but I’m personally excited about the prospect of the AI mix CLA has been sitting on for a year or two now, and of course the rest of the new album

• Thanks 1

This song could be about St. Jimmy.    It's too late now for my suicide?  it's too late now for him to change back into Johnny.    He's gonna remain the patron saint of the denial!   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

This song could be about St. Jimmy.    It's too late now for my suicide?  it's too late now for him to change back into Johnny.    He's gonna remain the patron saint of the denial!   

He's already killed himself once, didn't he?

• Like 1

Just now, HAR said:

He's already killed himself once, didn't he?

Could be taking place BEFORE the events of American Idiot or a lot of time has past and he's switched back and forth between the two personalities.     You can be Jimmy too, here's the guitar chords for this song.  I'm about to try it out.  

https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/green-day/look-ma-no-brains-chords-5006122

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Could be taking place BEFORE the events of American Idiot or a lot of time has past and he's switched back and forth between the two personalities.     You can be Jimmy too, here's the guitar chords for this song.  I'm about to try it out.  

https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/green-day/look-ma-no-brains-chords-5006122

I hope you enjoy it. Been trying to find a reasonable time slot to play again after some time, but never manage to. Let me know how did it feel like to be the guitar-Jimmy, as in perhaps the dude who has to do the fast picking while Billie Joe is jumping around like a lunatic.

At least I can be Jimmy in various different ways

• Like 1

You can see how much fun Billie and Mike have playing this song.   I hope this one sticks around into future eras.   It could be the new King for a Day. 

• Like 1

I wish this song could've been the 1st single in stead of TADIKM.

The problem with TADIKM as a single is that it's just a proper song, u can't argue it's not greendayish (like foamf, oh yeah) but also u can't say this single is super catchy, which what singles are meant to be.

LMNB has the energy, it's a great example of pop-punk. Raw, fast (punk), and catchy, well-produced (pop), really ear catching, got the flavor of 60-70s punk. I bet It could have grabbed more attention that TADIKM, let see how it's gonna do as 2nd single. Lookin forward.

i listened to the vinyl rip and compared to TADIKM it is pretty lame.... yea it sounds kinda like from insomniac.. but thats just not progressive

• Like 1

Heard a better audio of it compared to the vinyl rip.  Just as I thought I love it.  So much better to me than the american dream is killing me.  However I also like the fast paced songs compared to the slower tracks.  The more I hear the more i'm excited for the release date.  Yes sir.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

i listened to the vinyl rip and compared to TADIKM it is pretty lame.... yea it sounds kinda like from insomniac.. but thats just not progressive

yet that album title is in your username

• Like 1
  • Haha 1