New single - Look Ma, No Brains! - Out November 2nd

AnonymWarnerGermany

8 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think dumb and smart at the same time kind of sums Billie up well. Walking contradiction 🙂

I can't run away.   

4 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I can't run away.   

Speaking of another great line: I’m a smartass but I’m playing dumb

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Speaking of another great line: I’m a smartass but I’m playing dumb

Green Day say "dumb" 16 times across all their lyrics.   "stupid" six times.   "brain" x 13.    

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

Also, to me this song is very much a « the network song » especially the drums part… I wonder if this wasn’t supposed to be on money money part 2  and they say afterwards « this shit should be great for Green Day » and reworked it 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Spotify streams for TADIKM
Day 1 - 248k
Day 2 - 487k (+239k)
Day 3 - 663k (+176k)
Day 4 - 1,078k (+415k)
Day 5 - 1,313k (+235k)
Day 6 - 1,495k (+182k)
Day 7 - 1,718k (+223k)
Day 8 - 1,911k (+193k)
Day 9 - 2,085k (+174k)
Day 10 - 2,336k (+251k)
Day 11 - 2,534k (+198k)
Day 12 - 2,669k (+135k)
Day 13 - 2,788k (+119k)

Spotify streams for LMNB
Day 1 - 137k
Day 2 - 469k (+332k)
Day 3 - 636k (+167k)
Day 4 - 770k (+134k)

TADIKM is losing the consistency it had for the first 11 days as it continues to drop in terms of daily listens. Meanwhile LMNB also seems to be losing streams at a faster rate than TADIKM. The songs may still end up being listened to a lot by Green Day fans when the album comes out, if people appear to enjoy it as much as they did RevRad. If there's a 3rd single released before the album release, a song which could still have the potential to be a decent hit for them, maybe it could be as successful as Still Breathing?

• Like 2

So this video is playing weird in YouTube but not anywheres else, but it’s clear Ryan Baxley is travelling with them and filming!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jengd said:

So this video is playing weird in YouTube but not anywheres else, but it’s clear Ryan Bailey is travelling with them and filming!

Ryan is working with them (I guess) for a while now, I guess he is part of the team, so Greg can focus only on photos

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, jengd said:

So this video is playing weird in YouTube but not anywheres else, but it’s clear Ryan Bailey is travelling with them and filming!

what's up with LMNB being playing in the background twice lol 

• Like 1

Just realised there’s another suicide lyric. Track 1 and 2?

The song has definitely grown on me, and the title is one of their best ever.

But at what point does it just become lazy songwriting? He needs to freshen up his metaphors, man.

Wonder how many razor blade and bottle rocket references we’ll get? Red lights anyone?

Edited by Saviour
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saviour said:

Just realised there’s another suicide lyric. Track 1 and 2?

The song has definitely grown on me, and the title is one of their best ever.

But at what point does it just become lazy songwriting? He needs to freshen up his metaphors, man.

Wonder how many razor blade and bottle rocket references we’ll get? Red lights anyone?

The repetition of words/phrases like "suicide" in both tracks doesn't necessarily constitute lazy songwriting. For example, the red lights references in the trilogy was clearly an intentional recurring thing based on the themes of that project and not just "laziness". AI, 21CB and even RevRad have a bunch of similar intentional repetition/callbacks. It's possible that once we hear the full album that there is reason for any repetition. The one repeated phrase that I think is probably just laziness is the "vendetta/revenge" thing in One Eyed Bastard that has been used multiple times already, in Peacemaker and Bang Bang, which was fine in both songs but now seems like a bit of a lyrical crutch to me

• Like 2

I also don’t think repeating certain keywords or catchphrases is a sign for lazy songwriting. It’s perfectly natural that artists have a tendency to repeat certain words, just like we all have our individual ways of speaking and expressing ourselves. There are definitely some Green Day songs with bad lyrics, but this isn’t one of them. In fact, ‘terminal vertigo‘ might be my new favorite expression.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

The repetition of words/phrases like "suicide" in both tracks doesn't necessarily constitute lazy songwriting. For example, the red lights references in the trilogy was clearly an intentional recurring thing based on the themes of that project and not just "laziness". AI, 21CB and even RevRad have a bunch of similar intentional repetition/callbacks. It's possible that once we hear the full album that there is reason for any repetition. The one repeated phrase that I think is probably just laziness is the "vendetta/revenge" thing in One Eyed Bastard that has been used multiple times already, in Peacemaker and Bang Bang, which was fine in both songs but now seems like a bit of a lyrical crutch to me

I love your optimism, but I highly doubt there's any sort of AI / 21CB-style "narrative" (using the term generously here) running through Saviors. I really hope there isn't too as they've done it to death. 

Its blatantly unintentional. He uses the same allegories and metaphors all the time, they're just glaringly obvious when the tracks follow on from one another containing basically the same lyric. 

• Like 1

The concept is "people stupid".   Sometimes it's fun, other times not so much.   Good stupid.  Neutral stupid and evil stupid. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Saviour said:

I love your optimism, but I highly doubt there's any sort of AI / 21CB-style "narrative" (using the term generously here) running through Saviors. I really hope there isn't too as they've done it to death. 

Its blatantly unintentional. He uses the same allegories and metaphors all the time, they're just glaringly obvious when the tracks follow on from one another containing basically the same lyric. 

I'm not saying that I'm expecting or even wanting a simple song about being stupid to have "AI/21CB-style narrative" but you can have stuff like repeated lyrics across songs be intentional and mean something. Even if it isn't intentional, I don't see an issue with the word "suicide" being repeated in multiple songs. Nimrod repeats the word "suicide" in Prosthetic Head and Uptight and that's not an AI/21CB style narrative. Is that bad songwriting there? 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Saviour said:

He needs to freshen up his metaphors, man.

Can't answer that right now, I gotta crush this heart with a battering ram and then turn around and shoot the moon into the sun...BRB.

• Like 1

Glad to see the numbers actually went up a bit. I thought they were about to start plummeting after yesterday's stats.

• Like 3