New single - Look Ma, No Brains! - Out November 2nd

AnonymWarnerGermany

23 minutes ago, Dirnt Dirnt Dirnt said:

Seeing how this is in fact a Green Day forum and not a Beatles one, I'd say just about everyone in here cares.  It is impressive that John can still sing after being dead for almost 43 years! 

Exactly paul however needs to retire that guys vocals are cooked still a brilliant composer and musician but his voice sounds like it was left in a microwave on defrost 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

The video takes Basketcase lookiing Billie and then does the strobelight thing from American Idiot. 

that's exactly the vibes I got.

• Like 1

I think that Bobby Sox will be one of the favorite songs on the new album. Although Look Ma No Brains doesn't sound excellent when listened sepetately, it will fit and sound better when listened with Bobby Sox back to back, which will make its way to One Eyed Bastard.

Fingers crossed for Bobby Sox ;)

• Like 2

And btw, even if a lot in here hate 1981, i think 1981 could be muuuuch better and will be better than LMNB if there arent technical Problems or fucked up voice billie

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

What exactly does single mean nowadays though?

If it just means pre-album release track, then yeah. It's a single. Probably in the same way as Fire Ready Aim or Meet Me on the Roof.

It's definitely not a single in the way TADIKM, Father of All or even Oh Yeah! were singles that actually got some kind of promotion with teasers, TV performances etc.. I still think they're probably going to continue to promote TADIKM over LMNB on TV performances, live shows etc.

I can see them maybe releasing a more ballad type single next, and then maybe releasing 1981 as the final track we get before the album. I don't want them to go too overboard releasing new unheard songs before the album

It’s a song they chose to highlight with a teased release, a video, social media posts, and a live performance at WWWY and Amazon. Seems like feel it should be in the spotlight over other songs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

What exactly does single mean nowadays though?

These days with streaming/downloading, it means what it says a single, one song.

In the, dare I say it, the good old days, a GD single, CD, was, in the main, never a single. You got anything from 2 to 4 songs on the single. Especially live tracks which you can't stream/download.

The last CD single I think was Bang Bang, which included a live track of Letterbomb. I do miss them, but hay times change and streaming/downloading is more convenient. 

One question if I may. I downloaded this song for £0.98, $1.19. How much of that will the band receive, is it profitable over CDs?

• Surprised 1

To me the song is great.  A punk rock green day song.  Which is fine.  Not trying to break new ground, just hard edge and keeping it moving.  At this point for the band I just want them to keep making good songs that I can drive down the street to and rock out.  More then likely it will be in my top five tracks once the album drops as well. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Maddie86 said:

So those of you who aren't digging look ma, what did you think of the longshot? Because this song give me Longshot vibes

really? i dont think so and i love the longshot... i just thinking LMNB is lacking something.. there is nothing in the song standing out to me.. i think in the longshot there are always some things standing out in the songs

49 minutes ago, greenalert997x said:

I really like this song, great to read some comments on Facebook/YouTube from casual fans - ,that this is the green day we know, this is the green day we love.'

It's really heart warming.

All we remember reactions over foam/oh yeah.

Co-SIGN!!

I like the song. It’s not as good as TADIKM, but it doesn’t have to be. It‘s fun and catchy and has old-school Green Day vibes. Confirms my theory that this album will cover different styles of Green Day‘s career. 
I think it’s meant to promote the tour and create more hype for the new album. TADIKM is still the lead single and I’m sure it’ll get more airplay and will be promoted more. But people’s attention spans are just super short these days. Like I mentioned before, Blink released 6 songs before the album came out, that’s just the way music works these days. We’ll probably get more singles before January, but I’ll only listen to one more new song.

• Like 4

Really don’t like the new blink record except for Terrified. It’s also really poorly mixed.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

there are a couple of ongs on the new blink record that are better than this LMNB

There are a couple of songs on the new Rancid record that are better than some songs on the new Blink album.

All these bands have their own styles. That's why I find them uncomparable. Apart from a few songs their styles are not similar.

Please dont misunderstand me. I respect your opinion as well my friend.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

There are a couple of songs on the new Rancid record that are better than some songs on the new Blink album.

All these bands have their own styles. That's why I find them uncomparable. Apart from a few songs their styles are not similar.

Please dont misunderstand me. I respect your opinion as well my friend.

yea man you are right

53 minutes ago, StefanD said:

I think the biggest issue the band constantly faces is, a lot of the community always expect an album full of "epic" songs when in reality you can only write what you can write and are inspired to write. Look Ma is a super catchy song which will feature heavily in the rotation for mine but we have been SOOOOOOO blessed with such a large catalogue of songs which I think can be overlooked at times. 

yeah u are right, but i want billie to get again in his mindset that he had with recording writing 21stbd.. the pressure he put on himself.. like he put the gun to his head... diamants are made under pressure

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Ignore T Swift but I like this edit lowering his pitch into more AI-esque. More power.

more like 21st century breakdown voice