New single - Look Ma, No Brains! - Out November 2nd

AnonymWarnerGermany

6 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

yea and short

If the song was trash, wouldn't it be better that it's short? So it takes up less time on the album?

• Surprised 1

I thought of Basketcase too. I like it, but do wish the vocals were more up front though. I didn't notice it as much this time as the first time I heard the song though.

• Like 1

Just now, ekim said:

Much better than father of all 

I mean I get it but it’s not exactly punk rock to judge a song based on the quality of the singing. The singing is still not bad imo. While still Still Breathing is partially a decent song, the vocal is pretty mediocre there too

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Doggins said:

Now just waiting for the new Beatles tune

It's really good paul definitely wanted it to be a special tribute to both John and George especially the strings and slide guitar solo

• Love 1
  • Surprised 1

14 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

yea and short

Lol I was a teenage teenager is over 3 min and it's trash. Length doesn't guarantee being good. For me the song is great and for what I understand it's just a song off from the album, not a single. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KGLWW said:

I mean I get it but it’s not exactly punk rock to judge a song based on the quality of the singing. The singing is still not bad imo. While still Still Breathing is partially a decent song, the vocal is pretty mediocre there too

I mean Billie sounds more like himself instead of trying to sing in the higher register tone heard throughout foam and the two releases after here comes the shock and Pollyanna I can't even remember the third song they put out 

Yeah it was fine and whatever but at the same time there is a new freaking Beatles song out sung by John Lennon so who cares?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, ekim said:

I mean Billie sounds more like himself instead of trying to sing in the higher register tone heard throughout foam and the two releases after here comes the shock and Pollyanna I can't even remember the third song they put out 

It’s just annoying to hear the same criticisms over and over about a song I think is really good even though I get not liking it. The song itself and message are still very good imo

• Like 1

I’m really itching for this record. Hope this isn’t a top track but it’s a really solid one.

5 minutes ago, BratReject23 said:

Lol I was a teenage teenager is over 3 min and it's trash. Length doesn't guarantee being good. For me the song is great and for what I understand it's just a song off from the album, not a single. 

It is a single though.

Billie Joe and Mike should join the Beatles.    

Look Ma is the closest thing we've had to a jokey song in decades.  Let's rejoice.

I think the black-and-white aesthetic matches the underlying lobotomy theme pretty well.

The flashing at the end feels, on the other hand, unnecessary.

Once I feel less disappointed by the tour announcement, I'll start it on repeat just like TADIKM, it's a solid track and I'm happy that we finally have the full studio version.

Had to watch the video with no sound.  But yes, Basketcase vibes.  It's alright.  Could have been a better video.   Pink and white next time, guys!  Or black and pink.   Pink slime!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, That Dude said:

Billie Joe and Mike should join the Beatles.    

Look Ma is the closest thing we've had to a jokey song in decades.  Let's rejoice.

We got an entire album's worth of those songs in 2019!

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, petros said:

Yeah it was fine and whatever but at the same time there is a new freaking Beatles song out sung by John Lennon so who cares?

Seeing how this is in fact a Green Day forum and not a Beatles one, I'd say just about everyone in here cares.  It is impressive that John can still sing after being dead for almost 43 years! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Music video kind of messed up with the song. 

Also, it has the same “young adult vibes” I dislike when Green Day approaches

Still, comfort zone > abism > FOAM

I really like the song but why are the backing vocals so low in the mix during the chorus….I really miss the proper Mike harmonies from 1039 to Nimrod.

Also….while I also like the aesthetic of the video, depicting electroconvulsive therapy for entertainment may be a bit insensitive to some people- a fairly traumatic intervention that is only used infrequently for severe mental health disorders these days.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Had to watch the video with no sound.  But yes, Basketcase vibes.  It's alright.  Could have been a better video.   Pink and white next time, guys!  Or black and pink.   Pink slime!

3rd single - One Eyed Bastard (colored video)

4th single - Father To A Son (colored video)

5th and Final single - Epic video to an epic song from the album would be great.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

It is a single though.

What exactly does single mean nowadays though?

If it just means pre-album release track, then yeah. It's a single. Probably in the same way as Fire Ready Aim or Meet Me on the Roof.

It's definitely not a single in the way TADIKM, Father of All or even Oh Yeah! were singles that actually got some kind of promotion with teasers, TV performances etc.. I still think they're probably going to continue to promote TADIKM over LMNB on TV performances, live shows etc.

I can see them maybe releasing a more ballad type single next, and then maybe releasing 1981 as the final track we get before the album. I don't want them to go too overboard releasing new unheard songs before the album

• Like 2