New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

If OEB is to be used for sports…the nfl playoffs are coming up…I’ve been hearing new and old GD songs all year even Look Ma and TADIKM…March is the NCAA tournament March Madness they used know your enemy in 09…so the Super Bowl, (nfl playoffs in general) the college football national championship in a week…now through February is prime sports so I can see their music being highlighted maybe Super Bowl next year…..FINALLY FOR THE HALFTIME SHOW if the album does good!!

8 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I'm guessing maybe Friday, January 12, one week before the album release?

that seems to be the most likely scenario. And then one last single at the same time of the album release. How come they don't release singles with B-side outtakes anymore, there's gotta be hidden gems not released on the album right? Unless they're saving them for 2044 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Saviors.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Killjoy From Detroit said:

that seems to be the most likely scenario. And then one last single at the same time of the album release. How come they don't release singles with B-side outtakes anymore, there's gotta be hidden gems not released on the album right? Unless they're saving them for 2044 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Saviors.

Like, what about that cover of the Beach Boys' I Get Around that Billie leaked last year, or was it 2022?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Killjoy From Detroit said:

Wouldn't make sense to release the last single along with the album, single released help keep the momentum and promotion going post-release of the album. And it seems they have a lot of faith this time around, unlike with... you know... that last one.

3 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

My assumption is OEB this week on Thursday as a promo single and nothing else until album release, including no other proper singles until March.

What about a single for the summer? Corvette Summer?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

Wouldn't make sense to release the last single along with the album, single released help keep the momentum and promotion going post-release of the album. And it seems they have a lot of faith this time around, unlike with... you know... that last one.

i'm not sure why i thought releasing a single alongside the album was more common for them, it seems they've only done it twice (meet me on the roof + longview). When you put it that way it does make more sense to release a single some time after the album releases. Alongside B-side outtakes, hopefully

1 hour ago, Killjoy From Detroit said:

Because "singles" don't really exist anymore. Nowadays a "single" is when the song of the album ist playable on the streaming platform (beside promo singles for radios, ...). But before that, they included outtakes on singles to make sure that there's more value in buying the single than just one song on it.

• Like 1

bada bing bada bing bada booooooooom, so excited :D

i wonder why the song names are written like that on last.fm, idk if people are able to edit things like that but also it would tie into the different lettering with the promotion of the album
 image.png?ex=65a7a43d&is=65952f3d&hm=5e0

I don't think they change anything since the leak of OEB. Because the leak and the track listing show the same duration.

So I think I know why elon was talking shit there's a verse on "coma city" that takes a shot at people like him and Jeff bozo lol  "assholes going into space, while bankrupting the planet" maybe he got an advanced copy of saviors heard that and Mr thin skin wanted to cry about it 

Anybody interested you can read a portion of the rolling stone review on reddit 

They described father to a son as an acoustic dad rock ditty coma city and corvette summer as big rock songs 

• Like 1

Are post-album singles still a thing? Once an album is out, it’s available to stream for everyone, so why would people care for one specific song that’s already been out for a couple of weeks/months? Sure, it can help the band to get some radio airplay but other than that? I’m pretty sure we’ll get a final single on January 19. But I’m not an expert.

Bobby Sox 👀👀👀👀

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Flynn said:

ga6q4l3g47ac1.jpeg 

from reddit

Fancy Sauce will be a callback to Nirvana!!!

• Love 1

This review seems a bit exaggerated. They say Dilemma is about growing up, which it isn’t. I don’t trust all of its takes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alecandstuff said:

Not what they meant. It’s more of a highlight that unlike the silly, juvenile nature of GD’s previous material, this album delves into themes of real, more mature problems (like alcoholism), and they are correct

They literally say it’s a song about growing up.

• Like 2

Sounds generally positive. Interesting that not much to say about Father to a Son. Does Rolling Stone not usually give a star or numerical rating?

Highlights from the review:

OEB  described as a goombah rocker

A nod to bisexualty on Bobbysox

Send up to Nirvana on Fancy Sauce.

Okay now I REALLY need to hear Fancy Sauce! 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, emenius said:

Sounds generally positive. Interesting that not much to say about Father to a Son. Does Rolling Stone not usually give a star or numerical rating?

Usually they do. They are often biased towards good GD reviews though. I think they have Father of All 4 stars.

• Like 1

I looked up their review of FOAM and they called it “one of the most fun Green Day albums” 😂

…this one still got me hyped tho! Excited for Fancy Sauce and Coma City!

• Like 2