New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

1 hour ago, Creckles said:

One Eyed Bastard will be the next single

Really? Why did I never think about it when they said “keep one eye opened” 

We should start to get the first album reviews in next week or so with print versions of some music magazines coming out at start of the month.

• Like 3

Has anyone heard what talk shows they are doing when they come to New York ? Put in for tickets for Colbert Kelly and Ryan and Seth Myers’s the week the album comes out 

it was to late to do Fallon 

• Like 1

I was really hoping the next single to be 1981, can’t wait to hear the studio version. But album is gonna be out soon anyway. Excited for OEB!

• Like 1

I would say that the leaked version of One Eyes Bastard is probably the final one, maybe a couple of small details will differ (I hope they bring bass up a bit).  It's got strong production, great mixing (listen to those massive toms) and overall stylistically sounds similar to the singles. It's definitely not a demo. Try spinning it in between TADIK, Look Ma, No Brains and Dilemma and you'll see.

• Like 2

Wonder why all the singles (and 1981) are all from side A of the record. Hopefully that doesn’t mean side B is weak. Maybe saving some good songs for release day?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mato said:

I would say that the leaked version of One Eyes Bastard is probably the final one, maybe a couple of small details will differ (I hope they bring bass up a bit).  It's got strong production, great mixing (listen to those massive toms) and overall stylistically sounds similar to the singles. It's definitely not a demo. Try spinning it in between TADIK, Look Ma, No Brains and Dilemma and you'll see.

I think you're right.

Combine all this with the length time being exactly the same and bingo!

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

Wonder why all the singles (and 1981) are all from side A of the record. Hopefully that doesn’t mean side B is weak. Maybe saving some good songs for release day?

I read in an interview that the interviewer say the SIDE A is "more classic Green Day"

I think side b will have a darker more emotional tone seems like goodnight adeline,  Suzie chapstick, saviors, father to a son, are the four ballads on the album.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

I'm assuming "One Eyed Bastard" will be a promo single, like "Look Ma, No Brains!", rather than a for-radio single like "TADIKM" and "Dilemma".

i wonder if OEB is going to be used at a sporting event - super bowl, march madness, or whatever. the bada bing bada boom part feels ripe for a big promotional tie in

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

Yeah, that is pretty interesting. Could be harkening back to how records used to be arranged -- all the "good" stuff on the A with the rest on the B.

1 hour ago, aahhhh said:

i wonder if OEB is going to be used at a sporting event - super bowl, march madness, or whatever. the bada bing bada boom part feels ripe for a big promotional tie in

It seems like the perfect song for sporting events, movie trailers, etc.

• Like 1

I could totally see OEB at hockey games, like Chelsea Dagger.

FOAM also had the singles up front, and most people here wound up liking the b side better, so I wouldn't worry that the good stuff is all at the beginning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

Yeah, that is pretty interesting. Could be harkening back to how records used to be arranged -- all the "good" stuff on the A with the rest on the B.

I sure hope not because that’s means we’ve heard the best already.

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

9 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I sure hope not because that’s means we’ve heard the best already.

Although I think even though Saviors is the 14th track and 2nd to last, I think it will be a single. Title tracks are always singles!

Warning

American Idiot

21st Century Breakdown

Revolution Radio

Father of All Motherfuckers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Nimrod, American Idiot and Father of All all had their singles right at the beginning.  I think they just go for different vibes on each side and usually with Green Day, the deep cuts are way better.   

ooo I've been waiting for a club show in LA so I'll settle for a Jimmy Kimmel Live performance for promo 😛

2 hours ago, M1KEY said:

I often disagree with single choices from Green Day albums, or at least there are songs I think are way better than some singles. So I'm not worried.

And why is Fever just a Japan exclusive?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I may have missed this, sorry if I did, is there an official date and time when OEB is being released?

4 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I may have missed this, sorry if I did, is there an official date and time when OEB is being released?

they only said to keep one eye 👁️ open this week. So they'll probably release it maybe on friday? or rather they'll just announce it and it'll release maybe next week. I'm guessing if they release it this week then we'll have a teaser tomorrow with a small fragment of the song playing (I'm guessing it's bada bing bada bing bada boom) and a proper release date. If they don't release this week then we'll at the very least get an official announcement.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Killjoy From Detroit said:

they only said to keep one eye 👁️ open this week. So they'll probably release it maybe on friday? or rather they'll just announce it and it'll release maybe next week. I'm guessing if they release it this week then we'll have a teaser tomorrow with a small fragment of the song playing (I'm guessing it's bada bing bada bing bada boom) and a proper release date. If they don't release this week then we'll at the very least get an official announcement.

I'm guessing maybe Friday, January 12, one week before the album release?

One eyed batard video this Friday and father to a son video along with the album release is my guess

• Like 2