New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

I wonder how much different the song will sound from the infamous leak we already heard.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Insomniac90 said:

One Eyed Bastard this week and father to a son on 19th? 🤔

57 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Why FtaS on the 19th??

41 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

No I‘m not sure but what we read in interviews/article sounds like it has potential for great promotion and I can‘t see the final release for a single before the album drops

Here's what I'm thinking,

The American Dream is Killing Me (October 24, 2023)

Look Ma, No Brains (November 2, 2023)

Dilemma (December 7, 2023)

One Eyed Bastard (January 5, 2024)

Father to a Son (January 19, 2024) *Saviors release day*

Corvette Summer (June 21, 2024)

1981 (October 18, 2024)

Saviors (January 17, 2025)

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 2

I can see the similiarity between  OEB and So What....So what? This literally the only site I go to for music where you guys say so and so sounds like so and so....... how about 2024 for ya and just not care what it may sound similiar to and just like it if you like it and dislike it if you dislike it. Pink is awesome!

8 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

1981 (October 18, 2024)

Not so sure a "Father to a Son" will be a single. I do not know where the GDC fan base got the it has to be a single.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Eric said:

I can see the similiarity between  OEB and So What....So what? This literally the only site I go to for music where you guys say so and so sounds like so and so....... how about 2024 for ya and just not care what it may sound similiar to and just like it if you like it and dislike it if you dislike it. Pink is awesome!

For all we know, maybe they'd give her a songwriting credit for it. They did the same on Brutal Love when they credited Sam Cooke, as the melody was borrowed from Bring it on Home to Me

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

For all we know, maybe they'd give her a songwriting credit for it. They did the same on Brutal Love when they credited Sam Cooke, as the melody was borrowed from Bring it on Home to Me

and why would they? You know how many songs sound like another song for a portion if not all the song, you guys and this weird Pink is bad thing is horrible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

1981 (October 18, 2024)

It's possible they are still promoting in January, 2025.    The longest time between album release and final single is 1 year, 5 months, and 9 days.    I wouldn't imagine them promoting beyond that, but that would put us at Jun 28th, 2025 for the furthest out single.    We could go with your schedule  and keep the hits coming, or we could reel it in a little bit.    Let's say Look Ma doesn't count.  it was just a bonus promo, whatever.     American Dream, Dilemma.   Then we've got One Eyed Bastard on January 5th as a third single.   Father to a son January 19th as fourth single.      Maybe they promote the ever living snot out of that one as power ballads have made Green Day the mega stars they are.     So a long stretch of that one.     October 2024 - Corvette Summer.     January 19th, 2025 as Saviors joins the other albums in anniversaries we get - 1981.       Then finally on June 28th, 2025 - Saviors.    

Nimrod is the album that pushed this timeframe for late singles.   It seems insane to me, but Nice Guys Finish Last came just a year and half before Minority.    Dookie had singles pretty far after release as well - 1 year, 3 months and 4 days after the album release if I remember correctly. 

Saviors finishes up around the end of June, 25th and hopefully while those late singles are doing their thing, Green Day are in the study banging out new tunes, reworking some stuff from the vaults with new inspiration and figuring out what the heck album 15 should sound like.     Maybe throw some stuff in the vault for albums 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20 or for the vault of vaults of vaults.   The stuff that even Mike and Tre aren't allowed to hear yet.     Haha

26 minutes ago, Eric said:

Not so sure a "Father to a Son" will be a single. I do not know where the GDC fan base got the it has to be a single.

I think it's because the song was specifically mentioned in an article along with the first 2 singles

58 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I think it's because the song was specifically mentioned in an article along with the first 2 singles

It was specifically TADIKM, LMNB, then Father to a Son that was mentioned a few times in articles. Was a pretty safe bet at the time.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Flynn said:

It was specifically TADIKM, LMNB, then Father to a Son that was mentioned a few times in articles. Was a pretty safe bet at the time.

And in the podcast with Mike IIRC

• Like 1

This will be Green Day's 50th main single.   Would be really cool if they acknowledged that, but that's a stretch.     I am pretty certain it will sound exactly the same as the leak, which I hear is great ;).   If it's different, I'm sure it's still great or even better than great.   What if the chorus got simpler?   We need the title in the lyrics for sure.  

Wait.   What if they announce a change in the tracklist with the release of this one?   What if we've been faked out?   WHOA.

4 hours ago, Eric said:

Have to agree. Yeah they sound similar....who cares? I defy anyone to tell me what the last great, truly original song out there was

• Like 4

If it is pretty much the same anyways (which to me would make sense), it'll be good to hear it in something that isn't pretty crappy MP3 quality

• Like 4

I've got music video ideas:   All the band members are one eyed cyclopes and they go around being jerks to people.  Their non married parents go around partying and dancing, but Billie, Mike and Tre just terrorize everybody in funny ways.      Eventually, the mob tries to take out the cyclopes but get absolutely destroyed.      The one eyed Green Day band take over the planet earth and at the very end of the video, we see the cyclopes dressing up as the Network as the screen goes dark.    They tease a little bit of music as it all fades to black......

Was hoping for father to a son because of all the press it was getting 

Kind of glad its one eyed bastard. Even though I would like to hear father to a son or another new song more, I cant wait to see what they changed about the song and this means we have 1 more completly new song when the album drops

One Eyed Bastard will be the next single

1 minute ago, Creckles said:

One Eyed Bastard will be the next single

Thanks Nostradamus 😂

• Like 2

Hmmmm..

This might sound crazy, i might not listen to OEB this week and i  have stopped listening to the new songs so far. 

i kinda don’t want to ruin the new album for myself, considering it’s only a few weeks away at this point. 

• Like 2

It seems all the first half of this album are singles usually they space it out more. Still hoping father to a son gets a release it’s always mentioned as a highlight 

I wasn’t really expecting another new song before January 19 but I guess that’s just how the music industry works these days. OEB seems like a bit of an odd choice as a single because I don’t necessarily think it’ll be a big hit. BUT we haven’t heard the official version yet so I’m still excited. And I’m pretty sure that’s not going to be the song they’ll use to promote the album when it comes out.

• Like 2