New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

Billies rant at I heart was justified that's why they tried to dismiss it as "drunken behavior" he was speaking the truth right to those smug ass corporate producers and the brainwashed crowds faces 

6 minutes ago, ekim said:

I don't see it happening corporate investors seem hell bent on pop and rap as their main priority hence why all the award shows and super bowl are straight up mainstream pop rap country rock is like an afterthought now

Corporates have no dedication. If teenagers start listening to punk tomorrow and all have mohawks the corporates will have no problem dropping the current narrative to chase down the next.

Obviously it’s unlikely but at some point there will be a counter culture that rises. We just need to remain open minded to the fact it won’t be the one from the 1990s

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I wouldn’t consider struggle a measure in a conversation like this or in any convo. I know people who have struggled perpetually and it’s not really something to write home about. Struggles can be a great experience to lean on but to use it in an argument to gain some form of traction is poor man’s mentality. I don’t think less of Wolfgang Van Halen because his dad was rich. Wolfie is a great musician in his own right regardless of economic status or opportunities he got by being the heir of a great musician. 

Don’t get me wrong, capital can unlock opportunities but you can’t buy talent. You have to work hard. The average person couldn’t fulfill the hours and work ethic required to be a pro musician.

However, I also dislike Taylor Swift. She has a weak voice and the songs structurally suck. But she has had to sacrifice a lot of her life to live up to these commitments. 9/10 of success is showing up. Imo Taylor Swift doesn’t do much more than show up but for her fans that version of her is enough. She has the opportunity, she shows up and capitalizes on it. 

She’s committed to a lot of shows and extras. While Green Day have way more talent and possessed a much higher work ethic historically with their humble backgrounds, they have not been committing to promos, events and extras as much as they once did. It also nearly killed Billie Joe. So the previous struggles do nothing for them today. 

You’re only as good as yesterday’s numbers.

Her album before folklore tanked and yet they still tried to sell it after it's disappointing numbers 

Ok two people now on here claiming they already heard saviors and I think it's pretty crappy to hold it over everybody else's heads like they're the fkn chosen ones either shut this talk down or suspend them until release because it's annoying how they chime in with oh yeah the album is really good and crap bunch of hoarder grinches 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TrillieGD said:

I hope fever is available on YouTube along with the album on the 19th

Maybe Fever will be released as a stand alone single.  ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ekim said:

Her album before folklore tanked and yet they still tried to sell it after it's disappointing numbers 

I’m curious, in what way did it tank?

It looks like it generated 2 million in sales numbers in the US and apparently broke streaming records for opening day on multiple platforms. 

Seems like solid results for an artist in 2023. 

10 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I’m curious, in what way did it tank?

It looks like it generated 2 million in sales numbers in the US and apparently broke streaming records for opening day on multiple platforms. 

Seems like solid results for an artist in 2023. 

Ok swiftie

Compare that to 1989 it was considered a failure by mainstream standards 

1 hour ago, ekim said:

Ok swiftie

Compare that to 1989 it was considered a failure by mainstream standards 

I’m the swiftie yet you’re quoting shit that looks like Chinese to me?

I asked a direct question about that other album that was 2x platinum and beat some records out. I want a direct answer as to how that was considered an album that tanked.

It’s a legit question and I was actually hoping for a legitimate answer as I don’t participate in pop culture or social media. I’m pretty much not on the grid in that sense, so my curiosity is coming from that place.  

So once again how did that album tank? What’s the missing piece there?

31 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

I think it’s also worth noting that Taylor is doing what Green Day was doing when they were her age (34). A lot of artists peak in their 20s and 30s in terms of popularity and know to strike while the iron is hot. Green Day knew to ride that wave for all it was worth when American Idiot came out — they were young enough to be up for it and in-demand enough to do whatever the hell they wanted. They’re still relatively young, but most musicians do not maintain that same level of exposure forever as they had in their 30s — it’s not healthy long-term, both physically and mentally, and it’s also probably thought of as not necessary once people reach that point in their careers because they’re established as “legacy acts” or whatever and will never fade into obscurity at this point because they’re so well-known, regardless of how much or little they take advantage of PR. When Taylor is 51, she probably will change her touring and promo approach, too. Even if Green Day was doing the total media blitz Taylor has been doing today, rock would still not be as relevant of a genre as it was in 2004. That’s beyond their control.

Agree 100%

I’m highlighting their age plays a part in some of the results. They’re doing a slow and steady wins the race approach now.

and honestly they dont need to push that hard anymore, they have a massive legacy that speaks for itself. But also it may be hard to make a new gen of fans if you aren’t visible. The band is a different band now. It isn’t 2004 anymore.

Solid response I appreciated your view here.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I asked a direct question about that other album that was 2x platinum and beat some records out. I want a direct answer as to how that was considered an album that tanked.

It’s a legit question and I was actually hoping for a legitimate answer as I don’t participate in pop culture or social media. I’m pretty much not on the grid in that sense, so my curiosity is coming from that place.  

Agree 100%

I’m highlighting their age plays a part in some of the results. They’re doing a slow and steady wins the race approach now.

and honestly they dont need to push that hard anymore, they have a massive legacy that speaks for itself. But also it may be hard to make a new gen of fans if you aren’t visible. The band is a different band now. It isn’t 2004 anymore.

Solid response I appreciated your view here.

Here's how billie's doggo compared to her so called "best sellers" that particular album sold less and anyone else In pop would be done she however has corporate ties which still promoted her tour and still played singles from the album there's not a single rock band who has that kinda corporate insurance she's an industry plant 

38 minutes ago, Lenny said:

We’re going way off topic, but I know the answer here and didn’t want to leave you hanging lol. It’s considered not as successful as some of her other albums for a few reasons — the singles didn’t perform as well as usual for her (No. 2 instead of No. 1), which is by no stretch a failure obviously, but also wasn’t ideal for her when she was so popular during her previous album cycle, Reputation. Her Reputation album also sold better than Lover. In general, the fan response was a bit lukewarm to Lover compared to her other albums (the first two singles she released were not well-liked at all). And finally, her tour was cancelled due to COVID, so that whole promo cycle died early.

In short, it was by no means unsuccessful, but for a minute there it seemed like maybe her star was dimming a tiny bit. I don’t want to refer to the pandemic as a “blessing in disguise,” but in her case, I think she was extremely fortunate to get another crack at taking a new direction with her sound and brand so soon after Lover released (she released folklore and evermore the next year), because that totally changed the trajectory of her career.

Anyway, Green Day and Taylor are not comparable artists other than the fact that they were both in my Spotify Wrapped. 😂

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ekim said:

Here's how billie's doggo compared to her so called "best sellers" that particular album sold less and anyone else In pop would be done she however has corporate ties which still promoted her tour and still played singles from the album there's not a single rock band who has that kinda corporate insurance she's an industry plant 

And to add I'm sure the majority of her fans are tweens I seriously doubt any self respecting adult would take her crappy pop music seriously the biggest laugh is when one of her annoying fans say she's self made that couldn't be further from the truth she's been in the industry and groomed since she was in her mid teens the so called writing is watched over by major producers there's always a co writer in the room to help "guide her through the writing process sounds pretty damn manufactured to me 

8 hours ago, dudley dawson said:

Wait you’ve heard the full album?

Negative on that.  Sorry brah.   But like some others, I've heard pieces.  

8 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

I think he/she has some connections.

Just some friends now a days.  I'm pretty much retired my friend.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ekim said:

I just want to know is any of the music heard on the recent Amazon videos actually a part of saviors? 

100% not. Amazon also used non-GD music in the trailer for the show they played.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ekim said:

Sold less in a declining overall market. Im not doubting you in saying her sales declined but did you factor in overall deflation of the market as a whole first? It would be a good mathematical exercise for you. 

I also can’t trust anyone who can’t give a direct answer to a direct question. What’s with all the fluff and opinions? Just answer the questions like a normal functional human. Not sure why you’re getting so angry over honest questions.

I hope you find what you’re looking for. Must be sitting low on Maslow’s hierarchy of needs.

10 hours ago, stories and songs said:

We’re going way off topic, but I know the answer here and didn’t want to leave you hanging lol. It’s considered not as successful as some of her other albums for a few reasons — the singles didn’t perform as well as usual for her (No. 2 instead of No. 1), which is by no stretch a failure obviously, but also wasn’t ideal for her when she was so popular during her previous album cycle, Reputation. Her Reputation album also sold better than Lover. In general, the fan response was a bit lukewarm to Lover compared to her other albums (the first two singles she released were not well-liked at all). And finally, her tour was cancelled due to COVID, so that whole promo cycle died early.

In short, it was by no means unsuccessful, but for a minute there it seemed like maybe her star was dimming a tiny bit. I don’t want to refer to the pandemic as a “blessing in disguise,” but in her case, I think she was extremely fortunate to get another crack at taking a new direction with her sound and brand so soon after Lover released (she released folklore and evermore the next year), because that totally changed the trajectory of her career.

Anyway, Green Day and Taylor are not comparable artists other than the fact that they were both in my Spotify Wrapped. 😂

Thanks for the answer. So atleast there’s some qualitative now to be able to understand that comment from before.

I just said why her fanbase is mostly stupid brain dead tweens and I wouldn't doubt there's corporate payola going on as well

As far as I'm concerned she's just another Debbie Gibson to me with stronger ties to the corporate industry she has a weak voice her songs are fluffy as a fkn pillow there's no real substance there those adults are most likely bored soccer moms lol 

Enough bashing of Taylor Swift, this isn't the forum for that. 

Back to Saviors, I am feeling myself getting more and more antsy for this album. Based on everything I've heard, so far my most anticipated songs are Father to a Son and Coma City. I am so used to this quick release of songs in the last few months, I can't handle waiting a few more weeks where we probably won't get anything new from the album

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

Enough bashing of Taylor Swift, this isn't the forum for that. 

Back to Saviors, I am feeling myself getting more and more antsy for this album. Based on everything I've heard, so far my most anticipated songs are Father to a Son and Coma City. I am so used to this quick release of songs in the last few months, I can't handle waiting a few more weeks where we probably won't get anything new from the album

Goodnight Adeline and corvette summer and fancy sauce for me