New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

4 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

Is “Dark Side of the Moon” 😶‍🌫️

Until January 19th, maybe.  😄   I like Pink Floyd but my favorite is The Wall.  

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

Until January 19th, maybe.  😄   I like Pink Floyd but my favorite is The Wall.  

At the risk of going off topic, so I’ll just say, when I was a kid I’d agree with The Wall but as time ran through me, the music and message I’d Darj Side resonated. Both amazing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

At the risk of going off topic, so I’ll just say, when I was a kid I’d agree with The Wall but as time ran through me, the music and message I’d Darj Side resonated. Both amazing.

Bands with colors in their name are awesome.   Green, pink, orange, black, blue, white, gray, purple...is there a yellow band?    

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Bands with colors in their name are awesome.   Green, pink, orange, black, blue, white, gray, purple...is there a yellow band?    

Yellowcard

• Like 4

4 hours ago, That Dude said:

Pasted: While the rainbow has been used as a symbol for support for the LGBTQI+ community for decades, Pink Floyd used it on its Dark Side of the Moon cover art back in 1973 to to symbolise the band's dazzling live light shows. 

Since the 50th anniversary remix came out they’ve been called on for trying to be “woke”, something Waters would never try to be but above is a prism with light going through it making a rainbow which is ROY G BIV. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet.

I’m sorry, back on topic.

• Like 1

This album is not out, but feels overrated so far. The songs are good. But I feel liked the dookie anniversary got More successful hype. Please don’t downvote me. 

6 hours ago, suffoKate said:

This album is not out, but feels overrated so far. The songs are good. But I feel liked the dookie anniversary got More successful hype. Please don’t downvote me. 

To your credit, I do think the hype feels a bit more muted amongst the general public but I think that has more to do with the state of rock n' roll amongst the masses these days. It's just not the same landscape it once was.

The quality of these tracks though? Great stuff, I'm super excited and any other self respecting GD fan likely is too. I think this album is destined to be more for the band and their core fanbase, which most of us here are. That being said, general appeal doesn't matter much to me other than the fact that other people are missing out on some choice tunes!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Yellowcard

Thank you!  I saw Yellowcard at the 03 Warped Tour and they were good, but I've never listened to them that much.   

I hate when most of the fans are enjoying something and someone appears saying "this is overrated". let people enjoy what they like and shut up 

• Like 3

What gets me is how quickly the new songs fall off my local radio stations, despite what the airplay charts say. They played TADIKM here when it came out (which was more than they did for FOAM) but since that first week or two I haven’t heard it again. By contrast, I’m sick to death of hearing Atomic City by U2 and the Stones’ Angry still, newish songs that still get played, but today I heard those and then they said Green Day (!) - and it was Basket Case. Back to playing nothing but Dookie and AI songs. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

What gets me is how quickly the new songs fall off my local radio stations, despite what the airplay charts say. They played TADIKM here when it came out (which was more than they did for FOAM) but since that first week or two I haven’t heard it again. By contrast, I’m sick to death of hearing Atomic City by U2 and the Stones’ Angry still, newish songs that still get played, but today I heard those and then they said Green Day (!) - and it was Basket Case. Back to playing nothing but Dookie and AI songs. 

I was worried this would be the case, but TADIKM is still going strong on my station.  Looking at yesterday, it was played 8 times, with She and Holiday each played once.  And One More Time, Blink 182's song that is keeping us from #1 on Alternative Airplay, was played 5 times.

Yes, it’s very annoying, gears today as no 3 on the Kerrang chart but been hearing other songs actually played.  

9 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

I gotta co-sign this great post but I think GD might be the only band that has different “genres” of fans.

Like the hardcore punks may like all of it or maybe just the Dookies and Kerplunks and some random others and would probably be the old schoolers listening to Gilman on a cassette. 

When you’re one that’s been watching since the van tour (raises hand) you’re probably not reppin Internet forums because we’re old fucks. I just enjoy it myself.

Then there is the 2004 which feels soooo long ago but was only 10 years after dookie and like 19 years ago. They like the more medolic stuff which I’m also one of.

It’s funny when you said “get stoked in GD in Years” getting excited and I was like yeah they are. Then I realized that’s me. Lol

But still to this day the best times I ever had at concerts was the entirety of The Longshot minus 1 show and it was the most fun I’ve had on a leg.

Im almost exactly Billies age so I keep saying if that old fuck can do it, I can too. But he’s making more than me. Haha.

But it’s come to my attention that GD had a segregated (by musical taste) fan base. Not race to be clear. 

Also, singles are a promotion. They “release” them formulary to the radio first, then go buy the single, if you have a couple good singles, all the better, B side to see how well unsure songs track and then release album.

Or when you know people will buy in blinks “buying aka clicking” because the clicks are how the measure.

Taylor Swift releases her whole album at once so she can occupy every spot in the  billboard at once, which nobody has even come close to doing. 

personally I’m all for that but GD knows and Billie loves people to love the songs while he plays. It’s a phobia. So he would never do that I think. The 3 singles released, for me 2 are straight out fucking bangers and 1 is fucking awesome. 

And if haven’t heard the rest myself I wouldn’t be as excited as I am. ;) I really can’t help myself but it’s been a while since I was here. It’s a great one. Listen listen and then when you’re love you reali.d why you do. That’s what is so great about GD. Need skin and mics to fall in love. GD shows are good or bad, different or the same not by what they just played but how they played it that night. My dream of them ever going freestyle without a couple of audibles, I can deal with after all these years.

I can’t think of something you should care less about in this wonderful world! Just walking outside is 500,000,000 more upsetting than getting a downvote or less? Wait what. You get it. If anyone wants to ever downvote (whatever that means) suffoKate btw is a fucking awesome name Kate, downvote me instead. 

Wait you’ve heard the full album?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

I think he/she has some connections.

• Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, dudley dawson said:

Wait someone here has Saviors?

50 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I think he/she has some connections.

1 hour ago, dudley dawson said:

Taylor shit is a corporate plant she has alot of help selling her generic ass music she grew up in a rich household her father bought her record contract he basically bought out big machine records in Tennessee who was going bankrupt at the time the contract stated his daughter would be the main priority on their roster and the rest is mainstream history there's absolutely no struggle or hard times like green day 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stories and songs said:

It’s weird how rock releases just happen in a vacuum now. Green Day is absolutely one of the more commercially successful rock bands at the moment (along with people like Blink, Foo Fighters, etc.), but it’s like the wider media completely ignores this genre. The Grammys don’t even air rock categories on TV anymore. It’s been years and years since a rock band played the Super Bowl. It’s just strange when I compare it to the period when I first got into Green Day and rock was absolutely everywhere. I wonder how long it’ll be until culture swings back around to that.

Or if it ever does swing back.

3 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Or if it ever does swing back.

I don't see it happening corporate investors seem hell bent on pop and rap as their main priority hence why all the award shows and super bowl are straight up mainstream pop rap country rock is like an afterthought now

1 hour ago, ekim said:

Wait someone here has Saviors?

Taylor shit is a corporate plant she has alot of help selling her generic ass music she grew up in a rich household her father bought her record contract he basically bought out big machine records in Tennessee who was going bankrupt at the time the contract stated his daughter would be the main priority on their roster and the rest is mainstream history there's absolutely no struggle or hard times like green day 

I wouldn’t consider struggle a measure in a conversation like this or in any convo. I know people who have struggled perpetually and it’s not really something to write home about. Struggles can be a great experience to lean on but to use it in an argument to gain some form of traction is poor man’s mentality. I don’t think less of Wolfgang Van Halen because his dad was rich. Wolfie is a great musician in his own right regardless of economic status or opportunities he got by being the heir of a great musician. 

Don’t get me wrong, capital can unlock opportunities but you can’t buy talent. You have to work hard. The average person couldn’t fulfill the hours and work ethic required to be a pro musician.

However, I also dislike Taylor Swift. She has a weak voice and the songs structurally suck. But she has had to sacrifice a lot of her life to live up to these commitments. 9/10 of success is showing up. Imo Taylor Swift doesn’t do much more than show up but for her fans that version of her is enough. She has the opportunity, she shows up and capitalizes on it. 

She’s committed to a lot of shows and extras. While Green Day have way more talent and possessed a much higher work ethic historically with their humble backgrounds, they have not been committing to promos, events and extras as much as they once did. It also nearly killed Billie Joe. So the previous struggles do nothing for them today. 

You’re only as good as yesterday’s numbers.