New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

40 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

When the OEB demo leaked, did they not learn anything from when the 21CB demo leaked?

28 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Pretty sure the 21stcb leak was intentionnal

It's true- I believe Matt mentioned somewhere in this thread that the 21CB demo was leaked intentionally

4 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

It's definitely not a C&V situation because that entire album was scrapped, and the original teasers featured clips of Look Ma No Brains, 1981, and Dilemma

Well not the entire thing. Letterbomb was a C&V song but yeah I get the idea. 

I think their initial concepts and ideas were most likely challenged by Rob. In the sense that Rob pushed to hear more songs such as TADIKM which probably would have been overlooked if this was self produced or produced by Butch. 

• Like 1

Bobby Sox sounds like Smash Mouth and N Sync had a baby, and that baby grew up on Bring Me the Horizon and Tim Mcgraw - and then made music completely unrelated to any of that.  😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Bobby Sox sounds like Smash Mouth and N Sync had a baby, and that baby grew up on Bring Me the Horizon and Tim Mcgraw - and then made music completely unrelated to any of that.  😄 

Huh? How do you know how it sounds?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

Smash Mouth and NSYNC...say no more. I'm hooked!

• Like 1

Would love to know how many copies of the album everyone has preordered. I’ve got 3 (Vinyl, CD, & Cassette).

Am I crazy over the top? Or am I slacking as a Green Day fan?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lenny said:

Well not the entire thing. Letterbomb was a C&V song but yeah I get the idea. 

I think their initial concepts and ideas were most likely challenged by Rob. In the sense that Rob pushed to hear more songs such as TADIKM which probably would have been overlooked if this was self produced or produced by Butch. 

So maybe they really did present 1972 to Rob just as an EP

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Twundy said:

Would love to know how many copies of the album everyone has preordered. I’ve got 3 (Vinyl, CD, & Cassette).

Just two: Pink/Green vinyl and the CD. But I may go ahead and pick up the 180 deluxe vinyl with the poster and the gatefold later on. 

• Like 2

I REALLY wanted the pink galaxy vinyl and it sold out (I ended up getting the black and pink), but I just realized Barnes & Noble has a pink version and I’m like hmm, I might need that lol. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

I lost count after four...😂 

You are a good fan.  I have the cd ordered but will probably download the album as well ‘cos iTunes can be a pain in the ass when you have bought the singles as they came out and then upload the rest of the album.  

I really hope this album features prominently in the band's next set list, I didn't want a hella mega 2.0 with everything we've always heard from Dookie and Idiot and little attention in the new era

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Suicide Commando said:

I really hope this album features prominently in the band's next set list, I didn't want a hella mega 2.0 with everything we've always heard from Dookie and Idiot and little attention in the new era

It does ease my mind that they are calling it The Saviors tour. You don’t do that and only play one or two new songs

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Twundy said:

Got Vinyl, CD and Cassette… and then the Assai vinyl as well :lol: 

• Like 3

On 12/15/2023 at 4:51 PM, DookieLukie said:

Huh? How do you know how it sounds?

I only know what it (probably) DOESN'T sound like. 

It (probably) doesn't sound like Afroman and Albama had a baby, and that baby grew up on Static X and Wet Leg before going off to war and THEN finally recording Bobby Sox with their best friends....Nickelback.  

3 hours ago, Suicide Commando said:

I have a theory, we know the tour was delayed because of Covid, but maybe they decided not to do FOAM songs because the screaming and high falsettos every night would’ve destroyed Billie’s voice!!

• Haha 2

Green Day's monthly listener count is on the up-tick.   It probably does that every time they start promoting something, but this is the first I've noticed.   Recently, it was 31 Million+ and now it's 32,223,214 at of 6:20PM on 12/16/23 if anyone wants to keep an eye on it and see how much they grow during this era.  

You guys are gonna FREAK OUT....when you hear Suzie Chapstick.     I mean, you're gonna be so mad.  

• Like 1

Last album I bought was ok human in December of last year still haven't opened it yet but I plan on ordering saviors in early January on Amazon 

• Like 1

Song lengths aren't very original.     Bizarre criticism but true.

Goodnight Adeline is original with it's 2:56 length.  Some studio banter is the only thing that lenghth, and I'm looking at strictly studio albums, brother.  Corvetter Summer is the same length as Basketcase so it could be important.   Probably not.    

Suzie Chapstick has an original length as well.  Good for her.  First song that's 3:16.   Religious reference or something.  SAVIORS!!!!  Strange Days is the same length as Nightlife so that one's going to be awesome.   Living in the 20s is the same length as Lady Cobra and I'm really going down a dark rabbit hole here.    Nightlifte and Lady Cobra go together and those song probably do too.    

Father to a Son has an original length.

Saviors also has an original length, if we don't count demos and live performances, which some do but I don't.  

Fancy Sauce is also orginal length.  

5 original lengths for songs and 10 copycats of song length.    

When will this band give us a 57 second song that we've craved for so many decades?    Or an ACTUAL TEN MINUTE song, because Jesus of Suburbia and Homecoming are NOT 10 minutes.    and Billie has talked and talked and talked about these supposed "10 minute songs"   so much.       "Jesus Comes To Town" should be 10 minutes EXACTLY when it drops.   

• Confused 1