New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

4 minutes ago, ekim said:

I honestly think saviors performance will determine if there's more albums after 

album performance has never stopped them before.   Dos, Tre and Father of All sold less than the other albums, but Green Day continue.    I think even if the wheels fall off, even if they get cancelled and everyone on the planet starts hating them.....Billie will continue to make music.    

• Like 4

I don't doubt there's gonna be a successful debut on the charts like revolution radio but will the album have legs,  will crush keep releasing and promoting singles from saviors  months down the road or will they say albums out people want to hear more songs buy it stream it now lets focus on the tour and anniversaries for dookie and ai 

6 minutes ago, That Dude said:

album performance has never stopped them before.   Dos, Tre and Father of All sold less than the other albums, but Green Day continue.    I think even if the wheels fall off, even if they get cancelled and everyone on the planet starts hating them.....Billie will continue to make music.    

Yeah but there's a reason they signed with crush entertainment they want to be the successful band again they want to be apart of successful tours like hella mega and this new stadium tour coming up next summer 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

So.....when do we think the follow up to Saviors is coming out? 

Since they mentioned they’d like to come to Australia in 2025, I’m guessing they’re planning to keep touring for a while, or at least keep doing festivals into 2025. So I’m gonna throw out…2027!

The late 2020s don’t even sound real. Time is weird. 😂

36 minutes ago, ekim said:

I honestly think saviors performance will determine if there's more albums after 

I don’t think it’s really an “if,” just a “when.” They’re a forever kind of band, they’re not gonna stop making new music in their early 50s. I agree with you that the reception of the new album could potentially influence how they continue marketing themselves this cycle (focusing on the anniversaries, the new stuff, or both), which could I guess also influence tour plans, but it won’t stop them from eventually putting out more music.

• Like 3

Someone on Youtube is saying that "Goodnight Adeline", is the full version of "That Just Happened", from Cuarto. If so, I can't wait. Ever since I heard that instrumental, i've been hoping for a full version with vocals some day. The instrumental alone is so fucking emotional. 🥹

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Surprised 6

10 hours ago, That Dude said:

So.....when do we think the follow up to Saviors is coming out? 

If Green Day do their average wait time, August 14th, 2026.     

If they do their shortest wait time, September 19th 2025.  OR the Dos-Tre shortened wait of 28 days - February 16th, 2024.  

If they tie for longest wait ever -  September 15th, 2028.    Which sounds kind of like an epic date if you ask me, but dang.   But they could make us wait longer - which could be September 22nd, 2028 or something dreadful like  the year 100,000,000,002,023 when the last bits of the universe collapse and there probably will be no way to listen to Green Day music.    Or maybe before then we will develop a technology that could take us and our fandom into some other kind of existence outside this univerese.      

And maybe after that, maybe Album 16 won't require such a long time to put out.  Late 100,000,000,002025 perhaps? Mid-late, not late late.  Like Fall if there is still such thing as fall.  

I love the stats on this! I wanna say early 2028 based on absolutely nothing :ga:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, fatherotti said:

Someone on Youtube is saying that "Goodnight Adeline", is the full version of "That Just Happened", from Cuarto. If so, I can't wait. Ever since I heard that instrumental, i've been hoping for a full version with vocals some day. The instrumental alone is so fucking emotional. 🥹

holy please! just rewatched this (those memories, jesus)

trilogy-love always appreciated!

and just watched the RadioBob interview, glad that we in germany are the reason for greendays famous long sets 😄

in this 1991 "tour" they even played at my uni campus in Mainz, in a small crib like 924 gilman street

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ekim said:

Cool new interview she asked some really good questions still not as deep as we would like about the new album but best interview yet 

Idk billie talked about Mike playing cool doowop bass lines I don't hear that in this instrumental 

Dude that was me I was just straight up 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They really shrugged off 1972 lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Fans making much ado about nothing created the mystery I guess. The bottom line is it was a working title

I like the part about Rob Cavallo digging out TADIKM and saying let’s do this one, it has potential. Cavallo saving the day once again. What they said about the role of a producer as critic is true and in their case very necessary. You can hear the difference between when they have that (Cavallo) and when they don’t (Walker or self produced)

And remember, Cavallo produced the Trilogy.  😀   Trilogy rules!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So saviors will have string arrangements?

11 hours ago, ekim said:

So saviors will have string arrangements?

He should've used more time actually talking about the songs,  going through each track, from saviors with a short description,  instead of a whole paragraph about himself at the beginning 

Rob talking about working at Warner Brothers. Me, reading this as I sit at Warner Brothers. 

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

On 1972: “sometimes there’s an idea that we floated, and it fell into something else”

Adds credence to the theory that they abandoned whatever 1972 was and reworked it into Saviors. Possibly aligns timeline wise with when they brought Cavallo into the project?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

He admits he was very hands off for the Trilogy. They had been estranged for a bit, they were just getting reacquainted again and I don't think he wanted to rock the boat. He gave advice when asked and otherwise just provided support. If he had really been in full on producer mode who knows what we would've gotten. He may have gotten the material cut down to a tight double album or something.

I've tried to make a tight double album from the Trilogy and I just can't ax enough songs to do so.  I could get rid of Amanda, Little Boy, Carpe Diem and maybe a couple from Dos, but that's it. 

• Like 1