New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

1 hour ago, jengd said:

No, he said he was working on stuff but it’s not Green Day related, can’t remember who was able to confirm that.

That was me 😌 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

While I agree it could be better, I don't agree that it's lazy, well a little bit perhaps, but certainly not any lazier than the Warning album cover. It's true that it's a composite work, rather than an album cover design drawn up from scratch. But I think the meaning behind the choice of the photograph and the font style of the title in the lower corner is more profound than the first glance impression might tell and that, in my view, counts as part of the artistic process.  

What’s the profound meaning?

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That was me 😌 

Ok you’re definitely doing it on purpose now. And I laughed this time so thanks for the morning chuckle!

I like the cover it reminds me of a dead kennedys album cover. Like "Fresh Fruit for Rotten Vegetables."

Saviours - NI troubles

2 competing groups both saying they are the real saviours of the people and have their best in mind 

a kid worn a grin to cause some chaos..

ya I like the art choice I think 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

What’s the profound meaning?

Not sure and it's very hard to tell not having listened to the album, but here are a few interesting things to note:

• The Green Day in bold font is burning/glowing (the gust of the flame is visible for the D)
  • Saviors being in italics and in quotation marks is an interesting stylistic choice. I don't know if it's a hint at newspaper print or something else related to past events, a satirical take etc. 
  • If you look closely at the album cover you can see what looks like a Y-shape in the background, in two or three different iterations
  • The face of the boy was edited, not sure to what or to whom, but seems relevant

This is not an exhaustive list, I'm sure there's other stuff I haven't picked up on. There's clearly some thought behind this. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

While I’m flattered that I get to live rent free in your head, you really need to have that session with your therapist and talk it out. Let me know how that goes 😉

It’s going well. I’m finding the humor in it. I just hope you know you’re a worthwhile person and you don’t need this little act to be special. I’m sure people love you for who you are.

I’m not getting into a discussion about the cover until we have it confirmed.  Not at all convinced by this one.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jengd said:

I’m not getting into a discussion about the cover until we have it confirmed.  Not at all convinced by this one.

its confirmed

https://store.greenday.com/en/green-day/apparel/t-shirts/saviors-shirt-cd-box-set/M001451.html?fbclid=IwAR1DvswhbpFGYvZdiWicx-BC1D0ewsFmtdENGPfJmnDrLLWDOzsiL6QZ5D0

• Liam changed the title to Saviors🧟 New album thread 🧟‍♂️ Out January 19th🧟‍♀️

I live in Northern Ireland, I don’t think I can wear that shirt out in public 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

I can't pre-order the "hot pink" vinyl... "Product "SAVIORS Lt Ed Store Exclusive Clear w Hot Pink Galaxy Vinyl LP" has an invalid price assigned". Maybe after 3PM

EDIT: a minute after posting it was fixed...someone's watching haha

2 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

I live in Northern Ireland, I don’t think I can wear that shirt out in public 😳

yeah a little sensitive, tbh anywhere in the UK