New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

On a side note, anyone know what that piece is for that’s attached to the tripod that he’s holding?

I think it’s just part of the support frame for the camera.

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

No lol not the camera, the attachment at his waist height. Lighting maybe?

It does look like a LED panel but it doesn't make much sense cause it's not towards his face (unless they put  something to reflect the light towards him later) or if the purpose is light something in front of him, the monopod will cast a shadow.

Or it could just be something to support the rig better or to protect his belly from the pointy stuff

Whatever it is, it seems film related versus a still shoot. Could be a music video or could they be pre-recording a TV appearance for December?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Whatever it is, it seems film related versus a still shoot. Could be a music video or could they be pre-recording a TV appearance for December?

You know what we need?  A Green Day soap opera that is on every day of the year.   Billie loves soap operas and I could direct.  

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It's not gonna help us to know what is the next music video but they filmed it last night in Long Beach at the Alex's Bar.

img%5D

EDIT: it was for Green Day

So new single in the next 2 weeks?

3rd single in december would be nice and a 4th for album release 🙏

On 11/29/2023 at 3:05 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

I know Nimrod had a range of styles but I consider Warning alone to be the direct comparison to FOAM. I’m sure they learn something new with every album they make but Nimrod was well received and had big hits where Warning was the acoustic style departure that made fans go “huh?” much in the way that FOAM did (though ofc now we appreciate Warning as an incredible album). Many people here remarked at the time they had high hopes for Saviors simply based on the fact that AI followed Warning and predicting a similar pattern.

I think Warning is something they could almost go back to now and it would be considered a smart move. Acoustic first after such a heavy back catalog of distortion led guitar riffs would be amazing. 

With Nimrod I think it was a similar energy to foam. We know we want to do something different but there’s no cohesive nature to it. Ironically it worked out for Nimrod but no surprise it was a failure in foam. 

Then as far as experiments go you have the trilogy which is positioned somewhere in the middle. The grand scheme of 3 albums and almost 40 songs was too much but at the same time you have a solid record in Uno and some really interesting new songs here and there across the trilogy as a whole. A return to old sounds, a nod to all the eras before, after and in between and just enough new to stand alone as its own era.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It's not gonna help us to know what is the next music video but they filmed it last night in Long Beach at the Alex's Bar.

img%5D

EDIT: it was for Green Day

How do we know this?

40 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

How do we know this?

They didn't want to say it was for Green Day because they didn't want fans around the bar.

I wonder if the song they're filming for at the bar was Father to a Son. If it's supposed to be a tearjerker, I could now picture a father character in the video (Billie himself or another actor) getting drunk at the bar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I wonder if the song they're filming for at the bar was Father to a Son. If it's supposed to be a tearjerker, I could now picture a father character in the video (Billie himself or another actor) getting drunk at the bar.

It has to do with the lyrics in the song which are:

I was a father in a bar

When I smashed my guitar

Father to a son

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lenny said:

It has to do with the lyrics in the song which are:

I was a father in a bar

When I smashed my guitar

Father to a son

OMG I totally forgot that article revealed some lyrics!!!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Wait, what? 🤣😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lenny said:

Next single should be from a previous album

*THE* previous album.   A song about previously being a previous age.   A....TEEN age, perhaps?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Killjoy From Detroit said:

I'm down for that, hell, take it a step further and release it as an EP

1. I Was a Teenage Teenager

2. I Was a Teenage Teenager (demo)

3. I Was a Teenage Teenager (live from Tré Cool's Garage)

4. I Was a Teenage Teenager (Extended Version)

5. I Was a Teenage Teenager ft. Lil' Chicken (Steve Aoki Remix)

I think this would cause @Christian's Inferno! to have a heart attack.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

3 hours ago, Killjoy From Detroit said:

I was a Teenage Teenager (Billies Version)

• Like 1

It was mentioned today that in the article the “father to a son” part was a typo.

The song title is actually Father To a Bum

• Haha 1

On 11/30/2023 at 11:38 PM, Killjoy From Detroit said:

My kind of post!   The Network should get a stab at a remix as well.   I Was A Teenage Van Gough. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1