New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

12 minutes ago, STAKED said:

I'm as free to talk on a discussion forum as anyone else. At least I do so within the rules. And I'm damned if I'm not going to at least explain myself and reason, unlike some.

And was doing so. Until the manipulative harrassment started. Please read it and see that, rather than this knee-jerk swmrsian follow-your-leader nonsense going on.

Stop making it about me. Thanks. xoxoxo

Wow you are worse than dookielukie... Yes, i said that

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, PursuitOfEpicness said:

There's no part of me that is in favor of the band in which you speak of, and for awhile i was on your side. But this is getting a bit obsessive like it's not healthy. This thread is about their new album, and it makes no sense to make the connection you made. I'm sure nothing billie is writing about has anything to do with joey, even the song Father to a Son is about him and his own father apparently.

Please, feel free to quote where I started this. When you look back, you'll realise I didn't and I hope you'll see what is going on.

The irony that this is essentially one person gaslighting and appears to have been working I hope is also not lost on you. They weren't my theories. I didn't and don't believe them. I - like many I suspect - have never heard the term "Bobby Sox". There was a moderator on the cult subreddit whose name was at least in part "Sox". There is no gigantic leap to go "huh, I wonder if those things even could be related". That cult also has people who work for them - it's not out of the question that he could be aware of that person "IRL", any more than it is that he might be aware of a manager, a roadie, etc. That was all - an unfamiliar term, a curious coincidence. Again - it was asked, discounted, and moved on.

7 minutes ago, TrillieGD said:

Wow you are worse than dookielukie... Yes, i said that

Personal attacks are against the rules of the forum. Thanks.

And now back to the topic at hand before it was derailed by someone with a personal stalker-level vendetta.

Love the new singles, can't wait for more, doesn't seem like we're headed for another FOAM and for that we can all be thankful I think.

15 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I wonder if the Father to a Son music video will feature those Green Day look alike kid actors,

I think @pacejunkie punk already said that was too long ago to be a for a video for any of the songs from the album, I’m sure she’s right, backed up by how close to the release of ADIKM they shot the video.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I wonder if the Father to a Son music video will feature those Green Day look alike kid actors,

It's not, but I'm still wondering what that was!

• Like 4

Whether we get a new single or not, and I think it's gonna be the former, I can't get the 4 we've heard so far in their various form out of my head, from waking up to falling asleep lol

My prefs,

1. TADIKM

2. OEB

3. LMNB

4. 1981

Yours?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pcj said:

Whether we get a new single or not, and I think it's gonna be the former, I can't get the 4 we've heard so far in their various form out of my head, from waking up to falling asleep lol

My prefs,

1. TADIKM

2. OEB

3. LMNB

4. 1981

Yours?

1. TADIKM
2. 1981
3. LMNB
4. OEB

don't hate any of them for clarification, 1981 has such energy for me and I hope to hear it soon

• Like 2

A song that is diverse in tempo, both slow and fast.   The Nirvana formula stolen from The Meat Puppets or whoever.  It works.  Slow intro and verse, then BAMMO!!! Giant chorus. Swirly solo and onto some bizarre and beautiful outro.  

• Like 2

I've said this before and will say it again.

They have more success with ballads than most of their  faster tempo stuffs.

And I am pretty sure we're getting father to a son around 1st,-2nd week of December since it'll be weird to have a new single around Christmas.

Then we'll probably get a promotional single 1981 prior a week before the albums release.

And although OEB is not a bad song, I don't see it being a single

• Like 2

hey guys, am i dumb or is there a lead guitar in the pre chorus of the american dream is killing me? if yes can anyone tab it out short? i love it.. but i dont know if i am imagine it hahaha maybe my brain plays tricks on me

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlienVisitor said:

I've said this before and will say it again.

They have more success with ballads than most of their  faster tempo stuffs.

And I am pretty sure we're getting father to a son around 1st,-2nd week of December since it'll be weird to have a new single around Christmas.

Then we'll probably get a promotional single 1981 prior a week before the albums release.

And although OEB is not a bad song, I don't see it being a single

Your right. Back in 2012, 'Oh Love' was the most commercially successful single from the Trilogy. To the surprise of many fans at the time according to greenday.fm. Reaching # 5 rock charts, # 3 Alternative, and the last GD single to enter Hot 100 at #97. Maybe 'Father to a Son' can better that.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

hey guys, am i dumb or is there a lead guitar in the pre chorus of the american dream is killing me? if yes can anyone tab it out short? i love it.. but i dont know if i am imagine it hahaha maybe my brain plays tricks on me

You're not imagining things, there definitely is a small lick during the pre-chorus. I don't do tabs though, so can't help you there.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, devilskind92 said:

You're not imagining things, there definitely is a small lick during the pre-chorus. I don't do tabs though, so can't help you there.

haha thanks, i love those

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Westerberg89 said:

Not surprised that 'Staked' is still here gaslighting everybody, little oddball. Definitely has a neck beard.

On 11/28/2023 at 12:43 PM, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

And everybody else, if you continue to respond to this user with attacks you're also taking things off-topic and will be given a warning.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Do you guys think we'll get an announcement this Friday, December 1st for the next single?

I think they'll finally announce 1972, to celebrate the uh uh the 13th anniversary of tré cool seeing a raccoon eat an egg

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

Eeeep! Full interview tomorrow!!!

2 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

“Father Of All… was one of those moments where we were like, ‘Let’s try something new.’ We learned so much from it, and it’s like it has a baby called Saviors!”

Billie, I beg you to not describe the album as a FOAMF baby.

Looking forward to the full interview!

It’s a post-war American Dream baby where it’s more successful than its parents 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So Green Day have to put out two experimental albums to put out whatever the common thread between Idiot and Saviors is?  Interesting. 

• Like 1