New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

9 hours ago, AlienVisitor said:

Not related to topic but i just found out that Billie was featured in a rap video and seems like they sampled BOBD.

I must be living inside a cave

Billie trying to act super cool in that music video just sent me into outer space. I’m like crying laughing. He looks so out of place, bless him.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

A commenter claims this is Suzie Chapstick

Oh wow, I hadn’t seen this! I wish we saw more behind the scenes of their creative process. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, lucky_stars said:

Oh wow, I hadn’t seen this! I wish we saw more behind the scenes of their creative process. 

They posted this teaser on TikTok in August 2022

i had a dream last night that i was hanging out with my dad and i started singing the "so long, farewell" part of 1981 and my dad just goes and tells me "hey, that one's coming on december" whatever could that mean

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, STAKED said:

Who the hell is/was Bobby Sox? As far as I know all the moderators for that cult subpage abandoned it with reddits recent troubles.

Bobby socks, according to wikipedia, were a type of women's sock that got popular in the 40s and 50s but made a comeback in the 80s. Bobby soxers were high school and university girls who were fans of traditional pop music and Frank Sinatra. This song might be related to 1981 perhaps. "She's gonna bang her head like 1981"

1 hour ago, STAKED said:

Who the hell is/was Bobby Sox? As far as I know all the moderators for that cult subpage abandoned it with reddits recent troubles.

Sox was a swmrs reddit mod who has not been active for a few years

• Confused 1

I mean, it was concievably possible I suppose, given that band's failings and the way they keep anyone they can get around them. Not out of the realm of possibility that they might have a "family friend" involved somehow since its how they're scraping by these days. But yep, just a weird choice for a thing to write about after all probably!

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, dreamykatie said:

I don't think Billie would write about a random reddit user he's never met, lmao. It's definitely about the bobby soxers- which would be around the era that his mom would've been a pre-teen/teenager. 

Billie's mom part 2: She was a Teenage Teenager.

Could be about Billie's sisters as well.  Not the same time period but it could work.  

Maybe the titular "saviors" are family.  That would be really cool, actually.   Fathers, mothers, kids, siblings.   

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, STAKED said:

I mean, it was concievably possible I suppose, given that band's failings and the way they keep anyone they can get around them. Not out of the realm of possibility that they might have a "family friend" involved somehow since its how they're scraping by these days. But yep, just a weird choice for a thing to write about after all probably!

ok

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dreamykatie said:

I don't think Billie would write about a random reddit user he's never met, lmao. It's definitely about the bobby soxers- which would be around the era that his mom would've been a pre-teen/teenager. 

Yeah but that theme comes around full circle to his son 

I'm still choosing to believe for now that Billie isn't so disconnected from reality as to think there won't be... a reaction, if he was to do so.

I'd even accept these things just being about the son who isn't an asshat. Possibly having something on the Network album that was... extraordinarily coincidental in the way that all of these possible references are crammed into that one song and literally not a word of another song can be interpreted as such... I could see Billie doing, as fucked up as that would be.

I'd like to think it's not the kind of thing that would slide on a Green Day album. Anyway. It's all just speculation until we see for sure.

1 hour ago, STAKED said:

I'm still choosing to believe for now that Billie isn't so disconnected from reality as to think there won't be... a reaction, if he was to do so.

I'd even accept these things just being about the son who isn't an asshat. Possibly having something on the Network album that was... extraordinarily coincidental in the way that all of these possible references are crammed into that one song and literally not a word of another song can be interpreted as such... I could see Billie doing, as fucked up as that would be.

I'd like to think it's not the kind of thing that would slide on a Green Day album. Anyway. It's all just speculation until we see for sure.

ok

• Like 1