New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

2 hours ago, BASKETCASE1972 said:

There’s a better interview here for iHeartRadio CA just in case no one’s seen yet.

Eh, not a big fan of this one. Good chat and all but a bunch of irrelevant subjects.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Right, exactly!! They can't reveal too much about it until we actually get to hear it. On the other hand, we already have that track by track description thing where they say the Saviors song isn't noteworthy, but of  course we'll be the judge of that!! Another thought I have is that maybe the description of Saviors somehow got lost in translation?

I feel like they were probably disappointed because they thought it was gonna be a biblical song, when it was probably about being the saviors of rock n roll lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ekim said:

I just don't understand why the idiot interviewers can't ask more details about the album, obviously green day want to talk about it but these morons have very short attention spans and refuse to follow up on anything related to saviors no one cares about anniversary crap that's not important promoting saviors should be the main focus and any interview should be about that not favorite foods or anything mundane 

What would you ask them?    here's my questions:    "why has this record taken so long to come together and how did 1972 die?"     "Some bands leak stuff on purpose.  Do you guys operate like that or does the label do that kind of stuff and how do you feel about leaked music?"    "Was there any nefarious reasoning behind you guys putting out Father of All, and are there any of those songs you guys want to perform at a later date?  Same for Trilogy songs"  "What's up with these song titles?   Did a certain Dude help with that part?"    

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, That Dude said:

What would you ask them?    here's my questions:    "why has this record taken so long to come together and how did 1972 die?"     "Some bands leak stuff on purpose.  Do you guys operate like that or does the label do that kind of stuff and how do you feel about leaked music?"    "Was there any nefarious reasoning behind you guys putting out Father of All, and are there any of those songs you guys want to perform at a later date?  Same for Trilogy songs"  "What's up with these song titles?   Did a certain Dude help with that part?"    

How many tracks were recorded during the 72 and saviors sessions? how did they choose the songs that made the tracklist? everyone's favorite song from "saviors" and why? Why did they alter the face of the boy on the album cover picture? Are there any handclaps? Lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Honestly if I had one question for Green Day it would be "are you the network? Yes? Then fuck you for popper punk."

The answer is no

7 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I'm thinking maybe 1981 was originally titled 1972, and this would make sense when they were celebrating their 50th birthdays last year. Maybe the chorus went like this:

We're gonna party like it's 1972

If youre born in 72 then your girlfriend was born in 81 and so she will bang her head

In one of the interviews filmed in this room (I don't remember which one), Tré says that most of the album was recorded in London. Didn't expect that. Thought just the beginning was in London.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Honestly if I had one question for Green Day it would be "are you the network? Yes? Then fuck you for popper punk."

Try to trick them.   "Track 6 on Dookie is called Popper Punk, and many fans have expressed that they don't like it.   How do you feel about that, Jillie?

6 hours ago, Flashback said:

In one of the interviews filmed in this room (I don't remember which one), Tré says that most of the album was recorded in London. Didn't expect that. Thought just the beginning was in London.

They were there twice, in the fall of 2021 and spring of 2022. Maybe they just recorded one or two songs at the old Ocean Way, like the ones where they needed strings that we saw in some clips.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They were there twice, in the fall of 2021 and spring of 2022. Maybe they just recorded one or two songs at the old Ocean Way, like the ones where they needed strings that we saw in some clips.

That would suck. Was hoping most of it would be at Ocean Way.

• Like 1

This album will be their best album of all time.    But how to preceed going forward?  Will Green Day continue to use this perfect Dookiot Blend?  

Americookie.  Damerici Oodiot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Major Pain said:

Thanks for that, really appreciate the link. Love the Billie Joe Zombie t-shirt. Ordered it. Great price £15. Available same day album released.

Also 4 other GD t-shirts all for £15. Ordered the Kerplunk flower-in-a-pot as well, need to replace old one. Now comes the hard bit, telling the missus after I've ordered them. Oh shit.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

So true!!! They didn't seem like themselves when they promoted FOAM. Like when Billie said, "I hate long songs!".

None of the songs on Saviors are that long though. The longest track is 4 minutes while the longest track on FOAMF was 3:44. FOAM had more songs that were in the 2 minute range but I wouldn't say any of the songs on Saviors are "long songs".

I don't think Billie not liking long songs is even really out of character for him. Songs like JoS/Homecoming aren't just long songs, they're multi-part songs that are basically a long song made up of 3-5 short songs. Billie has always seemed to have a preference for short songs (2-3 minutes) or multi-part songs made up of short songs than transition into each other. Billie even said in an interview during FOAM era that Jesus of Suburbia is his favourite GD song so I think it's pretty clear he doesn't mean that when he says he hates "long songs"

Long songs that Billie probably isn't a huge fan of are probably songs more in the vein of Oh Love or 21 Guns. I don't think he hates those tracks specifically but I think that's more the kind of song he's talking about when he says he doesn't really like long songs. Around 5+ minute songs that follow the basic verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus structure and sometimes tend to overstay their welcome. Now, I really like 21 Guns and Oh Love. They're not my absolute favourite GD songs of all time but I really enjoy them. But I can really understand why Billie wouldn't necessarily prefer those types of songs. They don't really have that many of those types of songs. The first GD song of that nature is Misery, the first song of theirs to surpass the 5 minute point. WMUWSE is the closest thing to this type of song on American Idiot as it's 4:45 and the longest song excluding JoS/Homecoming, but it's also an extremely personal song for him. 21CB has 21 Guns. The trilogy has Oh Love, Brutal Love & The Forgotten. On Revolution Radio, Outlaws is 5 minutes long.

I think he's probably fine with all of those tracks that made it onto their albums. I think there are probably just less of these types of songs that make it onto albums. Or these types of songs tend to get shortened before they're put on albums. He's definitely always had a preference for songs in the range of 2:00-3:30. And that still seems to be the case with Saviors

• Like 4