New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

19 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

I feel like the lead single for this dropped very early — nearly 3 months ahead of the album is super early for Green Day compared to many previous single releases (for context, American Idiot had one single before the album dropped, released one month ahead, same with 21CB, and RevRad had one single released ahead of the album by about 2 months). A 3-month lead time is making it feel weird that there hasn’t been more interviews yet, but realistically that level of promo really shouldn’t be in full swing until like, early January. I think they probably wanted the new music out to announce the tour and have people scoop those up as Christmas gifts and whatnot, which makes sense, but leaves a big gap before the album.

I hope we get a Black Friday/holiday season merch drop with some new stuff, though!

Bang Bang, Revolution Radio & Still Breathing were all released alongside their lyric videos before the album released. Still Breathing & Revolution Radio were only released as singles later

Oh Love, Kill the DJ and Let Yourself Go before the release of Uno. I think Nuclear Family released before Uno too but wasn't an official single?

FOAMF's first single (the title track) released 5 months before the album release

What's happening with Saviors is not unusual for Green Day

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

Hmm, ok. I saw only Bang Bang as being released beforehand in August, and then the other two were made singles after RevRad came out. But when they’re released versus when they are made official singles might be different.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stories and songs said:

Hmm, ok. I saw only Bang Bang as being released beforehand in August, and then the other two were made singles after RevRad came out. But when they’re released versus when they are made official singles might be different.

Still Breathing and revolution radio were released simultaneously like two and a half weeks before revolution radio was released actually the album leaked on YouTube a week before it was released  believe I heard it on September 30th 2016

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saviour said:

The IG post is shit and low res, but looks like BJA especially has had quite a bit of a Photoshop touch up. 

I like the concept but totally agree, why on earth would anyone airbrush to this extent? It just looks fake.  Hope it’s better irl, he’s an attractive guy even at 51, let him be!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, jengd said:

I like the concept but totally agree, why on earth would anyone airbrush to this extent? It just looks fake.  Hope it’s better irl, he’s an attractive guy even at 51, let him be!

the photos are polaroids, i imagine that has something to do with the textures in the photos rather than excessive photoshop 

• Like 3

What is the Green Day 75 inside joke? I don't understand and I'm seeing it a lot lately.
Edit: nvm i just watched the Still Waiting Music Video lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

What is the Green Day 75 inside joke? I don't understand and I'm seeing it a lot lately.
Edit: nvm i just watched the Still Waiting Music Video lol

„The sums?“ 😂

• Like 1

There's a supposed demo of One Eyed Bastard that is 53 seconds and just sounds like someone overloaded it with reverb to avoid copyright detection.  I won't share it because we're never supposed to show our one eyed bastard, right? 

Ok I think I need a new single already. Can’t wait to listen to 1981 in a proper studio version!

• Like 1

Just now, That Dude said:

There's a supposed demo of One Eyed Bastard that is 53 seconds and just sounds like someone overloaded it with reverb to avoid copyright detection.  I won't share it because we're never supposed to show our one eyed bastard, right? 

Where?

• Like 1

I think i found the proper version, the full song, i know links are not allowed, but is it allowed to say where?

29 minutes ago, alekshf96 said:

I think i found the proper version, the full song, i know links are not allowed, but is it allowed to say where?

If you've found the proper version, does that mean it's going to be released as a single soon? Or have you had the proper version for a while? For the record, the demo that leaked already sounded pretty complete, are you sure that's not the version you have?

Im not sure if its a demo, i just found it online and it sounds like a real version, almost like the one which was posted on TikTok, but better audio, at least to me haha.

3 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

If you've found the proper version, does that mean it's going to be released as a single soon? Or have you had the proper version for a while? For the record, the demo that leaked already sounded pretty complete, are you sure that's not the version you have?

The full version got leaked in may or something, so the same version just with better sound?

Sounds like that to me, the other versions i have heard didnt sound very good compared to this one.

4 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

The full version got leaked in may or something, so the same version just with better sound?

I imagine the version on Saviors will sound a bit different, the vocals on the version we've heard doesn't sound like the vocals we've heard from TADIKM or LMNB so far imo. Idk what other changes, if any, there will be on the final version but I doubt the OEB we've heard is the exact same version that will be on Saviors

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I imagine the version on Saviors will sound a bit different, the vocals on the version we've heard doesn't sound like the vocals we've heard from TADIKM or LMNB so far imo. Idk what other changes, if any, there will be on the final version but I doubt the OEB we've heard is the exact same version that will be on Saviors

Hopefully any later recording will just have a vocal update, really like the song as it is. I have a DAC sound enhancer attached to my smart phone, so song quality is amazing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pcj said:

Hopefully any later recording will just have a vocal update, really like the song as it is. I have a DAC sound enhancer attached to my smart phone, so song quality is amazing.

I'm sure the Saviors version will be without the Butch Walker filters

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

I'm sure the Saviors version will be without the Butch Walker filters

Yeah I seriously doubt they want his taint on the new album 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, okotavio said:

Ok I think I need a new single already. Can’t wait to listen to 1981 in a proper studio version!

100%!!! I hope it's One Eyed Bastard, but I'll take what I can get until January :acute:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, alecandstuff said:

100%!!! I hope it's One Eyed Bastard, but I'll take what I can get until January :acute:

If it is, I can't wait to hear interviews about it!! I wonder if they'll ever address the fact that the demo leaked

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pcj said:

I doubt they will use a track that wasn't recorded on Rak or Ocean Way

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

If it is OEB, I can't wait to hear interviews about it!! I wonder if they'll ever address the fact that the demo leaked

That was so weird. Admin running round like headless chickens, in a total panic. Yer can't download it, say where it is, don't even mention it, they'll close the site down. It's Armageddon, we're all doomed. Then the announcement, "it's ok folks no worries its only old demo". And there it resides on TikTok ever since for the whole world to hear. 

Then shortly after, two more leaks, new complete songs mysteriously appear, only for a few seconds each, then they are gone. (Fortunately, I downloaded them in time).

Leaks, really. Or was it just a gigantic tease. At least it used up 100 pages or so of 1972 thread. 😄

Dude the wait for this album is killing me! every day I'm like a crack head waiting for more info perhaps another single fuck January 19th hurry and get here!

Needless to say it wasn't like that with foam more like great another song that doesn't resemble the band at all oh yeah, oh yeah worst era ever!  I literally hate butch walker he's a cancer to music I can't stand his smug face stupid early 90s boyband skater cut hair 

• Haha 1