New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

Surprised that it's not a black background.  Glad they've still got some surprises up their sleeve and at every chance, Mike is saying there are some weird things on this record.   The weirder the better, I always say.   And guess what?  Those black and white photos of the three guys?  That's clearly the album covers for what could be a spectacular Trilogy of albums.   The Brains.  The Brawn.  The Ball.  

For Green Day 15 or GDXV as it will be titled, I hope every song is slow and each and every one is a different genre.   No need in pleasing a single person on this forum.    Haha.

I say "haha" but I'm not kidding. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

There's no way this album will be an average album. I'm excited more than ever. 

Is that based on this back cover? Or based on the tracklist that we already knew about

• Haha 2

Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

Is that based on this back cover? Or based on the tracklist that we already knew about

Based on feelings;)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

There's no way this album will be an average album. I'm excited more than ever. 

So it'll either be a spectacular disaster garbage trash puke album or a perfect one.   Haha       At the very least, I hope it's shown more respect than the last 5-6 albums have been.    Saviors will either be the tie breaker or make a tie out of their discography.    Looking at their wikipedia page discography, you've got the first 7 records.   All respected to some degree.   Then the following 6 have been spit upon and ridiculed and mocked.     

39/Smooth - American Idiot  - Popular consensus is that's all varying degrees of success

Breakdown - Father of All... - Everyone things Green Day suck and don't even listen to them anymore. 

So yes.  Saviors will be the Saviors of the catalogue to the popular world. 

• Like 1

This is a little off-topic but i hope Tre gets a new drum set for the Saviors Tour. I never liked the leopard print

• Like 3

6 hours ago, rev said:

Absolutely disagree.... 21st and RevRad both get plenty of high praise. 

Yeah but they also get a lot of shit. 21CB is where a lot of people say that the band died and RevRad was just not that successful of an album despite having a decent number of fans. They're the most popular post-AI albums. But they're still genuinely pretty mixed in terms of people's opinions. Considering the trilogy and FOAMF are absolutely hated by a lot of the people who love their discography from 1990-2004 so much, being the most popular post-AI albums isn't a very high bar

Fans may prefer Dookie and American Idiot over the other albums pre-21CB but those albums, Nimrod, Insomniac, Kerplunk, even Warning nowadays are generally liked more than not

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

This kinda looks like the cover of the new Blink album 🤔.

Blink 182 suck ass 

Just now, ekim said:

Blink 182 suck ass 

Green day shot these pictures months ago 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rev said:

Absolutely disagree.... 21st and RevRad both get plenty of high praise. 

Positive leaning mixed reviews, but that's from people who are like us, on GDC.   Ask a random rock fan and chances are they haven't listened to much Green Day lately.    Gen Z caught the tail end of Green Day mania if they were observant but Gen Alpha missed it all.   My Gen Alpha son is loving Saviors songs so far.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

I took a look the other day at Green Day’s monthly listeners on Spotify and was kinda blown away at how many they have, though. They have 10 million+ more listeners than Blink 182, Maneskin, Foo Fighters, Metallica, Paramore, and The Killers. They also cleared Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, and The Rolling Stones by several million monthly listeners. Bands with a comparable amount of monthly listeners, just above Green Day, were Red Hot Chili Peppers and The Beatles. I have no idea who the most appropriate bands to measure them against are at this point (hence my wide range of subgenres here), but these are all rock or rock-adjacent bands I consider to be mainstream successes and I was kinda shocked that Green Day blows them all out of the water in terms of popularity on Spotify.

I'm surprised at Green Day surpassing Metallica. Wow.  I guess time of popularity is a factor.   They were rulers of the music world in the 80s to 90s while Green Day ruled from 90s to 00s. 

13 minutes ago, ekim said:

Random question why do you need to know ?

It makes it hard to respond when I see I'm quoted inside of a quote to someone else's post that's a quote of a quote of a quote to a quote that isn't related to what was originally said about something that is related to the perviously mentioned mention to a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote of someone else.  It's hard to follow, ya follow?  

:)

Saviors.   The album that killed greenday.fm and just made GDC...stranger.   Why so serious?   Wanna know how I got these scars?   An RPLND+nephrectomy.   An orchectomy.  Plus port.  Sorry. Rambling.    

Saviors is going to rock!   They'll be some complaints about the FOAMyness of parts.  Like Look Ma and 1981 and as troubling as it might sound, there ARE more like those.  And it's fine.   If you've had an RPLND, you know.  If a band puts out music you don't like, it's fine. Totally fine. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Saviour said:

The IG post is shit and low res, but looks like BJA especially has had quite a bit of a Photoshop touch up. 

Ok thanks! It looked a bit too Ai (artificial intelligence, not American idiot) for me.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

I feel like the lead single for this dropped very early — nearly 3 months ahead of the album is super early for Green Day compared to many previous single releases (for context, American Idiot had one single before the album dropped, released one month ahead, same with 21CB, and RevRad had one single released ahead of the album by about 2 months). A 3-month lead time is making it feel weird that there hasn’t been more interviews yet, but realistically that level of promo really shouldn’t be in full swing until like, early January. I think they probably wanted the new music out to announce the tour and have people scoop those up as Christmas gifts and whatnot, which makes sense, but leaves a big gap before the album.

I hope we get a Black Friday/holiday season merch drop with some new stuff, though!

• Like 2