New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

15 minutes ago, dannygreen said:

Whatever, can you please stop? This has nothing to do with the album. And it's getting annoying. This topic has been exhausted a lot of time ago. If you want to go on talking about this, create another topic. If you have some kind of frustration about your life to vent, try with the gym or another leisure time activity. Thanks.

Or maybe stop using your love for a rock band as an excuse to cover for an obvious crime that was committed by one of their sons 

2 hours ago, Verycool99 said:

It’s a pretty big coincidence with the references to telecasters and the line “rhymes with chlamydia”. I feel there’s definitely some references there, but most of the song is just random lines

Forgive my ignorance here....how does the telecaster lyric refer to the Joey situation?

3 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It's kind of on topic because the word Pedophile is in TADIKM

Of all the things Green Day have said in lyrics, that one is the most uncomfortable.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Of all the things Green Day have said in lyrics, that one is the most uncomfortable.  

idunno. drama queen, nightlife and troublemaker have some real lyrical gems that make me slightly more uncomfortable

• Like 3

4 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

Forgive my ignorance here....how does the telecaster lyric refer to the Joey situation?

Might be a stretch but I just know Lydia plays telecasters from following the band. Maybe he just needed a rhyme 

• Thanks 1

Pretty sure father to son is related to Billie writing a letter to his father during therapy while in rehab so i think that’s what the song is about a conversation that sadly never happened or a letter to his father

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Killjoy From Detroit said:

idunno. drama queen, nightlife and troublemaker have some real lyrical gems that make me slightly more uncomfortable

There is something more awkward than saying we are pedophiles? in whatever context it was used

9 hours ago, Killjoy From Detroit said:

Drama Queen sure. It's a lot harder to sing along or vibe with a song that repeats the phrase "She's old enough to bleed now" over and over again

But Nightlife and Troublemaker just have some dumb/nonsensical lyrics, they don't really make me uncomfortable. Plus all the nonsense lyrics in Nightlife are mostly just from Lady Cobra and Troublemaker is honestly fine outside of the 2nd verse

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Killjoy From Detroit said:

Yeah I dislike when billie does the johnny rotten fake British accent thing like on fk time trouble maker just not my cup of tea 

43 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Drama Queen sure. It's a lot harder to sing along or vibe with a song that repeats the phrase "She's old enough to bleed now" over and over again

But Nightlife and Troublemaker just have some dumb/nonsensical lyrics, they don't really make me uncomfortable. Plus all the nonsense lyrics in Nightlife are mostly just from Lady Cobra and Troublemaker is honestly fine outside of the 2nd verse

Drama queen is one of my favorites musically kinda has a penny lane vibe but the lyrics ruin the song 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Warszawa said:

There is something more awkward than saying we are pedophiles? in whatever context it was used

I know and it could've easily been replaced with something  more suitable like "we are all suckers for the American dream" or "we are all fiends for the American dream" the pedo lyric was a poor choice of words. just like tik tok could've been replaced with "cocaine and taxes" or "Prozac and taxes" idk just hope this isn't a recurring thing with saviors the instagram lyric is gonna be a tough pill to swallow especially if it's a part of  heartfelt ballad lol 

22 minutes ago, Alf said:

I would like to undestand why everybody seems to hate social media references on lyrics, what is the problem?

Like the line "I text a postcard, sent to you" in "last night on earth" when he could've said "I mailed a postcard" just something about about referencing social media sites internet buzz words doesn't sound right. I would expect it from lame bands like bowling for soup simple plan possibly even weezer but green day? I hold to a higher standard.

Be like if they made a cringe as fk song and video like this lol 

The Drama Queen and paedophile lyrics are both good as far as my opinion goes. The argument ‘they could’ve replaced the word with [less emphatic word]’ shows why they didn’t 🤷🏼‍♂️ Use a strong word to make a statement. If anyone interprets it as ‘we’re actually paedophiles’ then that’s obviously idiotic, and any other take on it must be acknowledging that it’s a metaphor, so why is it uncomfortable? (Or, rather, it’s SUPPOSED to be uncomfortable). As for Drama Queen, it’s not my favourite song but again I think it’s quite a well written metaphor, it’s not like Billie is just pointing and saying ‘LOOK! PERIODS!’ for a laugh…

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Alf said:

I would like to undestand why everybody seems to hate social media references on lyrics, what is the problem?

The issue is that they are pedophiles for social media

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

She’s old enough for weed now

13 hours ago, Killjoy From Detroit said:

Lady Cobra needed exploratory surgery on her vocal chords.  She thought Billie could do it because Dexter Holland and Rivers Cuomo are smart, so Billie must be a doctor.  That's what Look Ma is about.  Look Cobra, I ain't a doctor! 

In terms of a parent with a 5 year old, I don't obscure much of Billie’s lyrics.   But the N word, Fa word and this one I don't want him to hear.  There's a lot to explain and I definitely want him repeating these.   His mom drops F bombs all the time and cusses like a sailor so the other stuff is okay. Lol

• Like 1

i've just waken up to this discussion still going and i've realized i've made a poor choice of words . i meant that it's far less likely that someone will understand the "pedophiles" line as it is that they'll understand all the strange lyrics in the trilogy. the "pedophiles" line has much less emphasis and you can probably not notice it if you don't know the lyrics; that's why i feel okay playing that song out loud but it would make me uncomfortable to play drama queen, nightlife or troublemaker out loud. 

For the record, I don't have any problem with him using the words he uses in his songs. I just don't think the way they were used were necessarily good. Nobody's listening to these lyrics thinking "Oh I'm so offended he used that word", they're just thinking "Ok... that's a weird thing to say". Like it for sure has a meaning, Billie isn't just saying "We're pedophiles" and if I see people who think that, I will make fun of them, but the lyric doesn't come across to me as some really profound lyric. It doesn't ruin the song for me but it's really just awkward tbh imo. With Drama Queen, I get the meaning behind the lyric. It's not something that grosses me out or anything but it's repeatedly so much and I'm just thinking "Ok Billie I get it. It wasn't that interesting the first time, it's not the 12th time". I'm so glad DQ wasn't on 21CB like it was originally going to be.

The use of TikTok is completely fine with me if it fits with the song. The mention of TikTok isn't going to date the song when TikTok's been around for a while and will continue to be for a long time. And Green Day mentions a lot of media and politically dated stuff all the time. That being said, idk if TikTok fits in the song all that much. Billie mentions it alongside things that conservatives complain about like immigration and taxes. But... TikTok is a bad thing. It's really done bad things to society, to our attention spans. It seems weird to lump TikTok (a bad thing that conservatives happen to dislike for whatever reason) with immigration, which adds value to the country, and taxes which is a necessary thing