New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

I got the Saviors tour ad on YouTube today. Wasn't even listening to Green Day at the time.

• Like 1

In a interview for a French radio they said TADIKM was written 3 years ago 

I thought it was The last song written for the album, does someone have info ? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nohamxx said:

Unless all of it was written three years ago and it was still the last song. They did start recording songs in 2021

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

The impression I’ve had from the bits and pieces that have come out so far is that the bare bones of it were written a while back but it was the last song to get fleshed out into a finished product (see: Mike’s interview where he described adding the quiet breakdown near the start etc)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

agreed, I'd go for Fire Ready aim as their worst song on foam personally, though there are some other contenders on the album. Interestingly, Oh Yeah is kinda the opposite of Teenage Teenager, with woeful instrumentation, but alright lyrics. 

I think all in all, Nightlife still takes the win imo, because I think the worst GD song would have to be the worst song from both an instrumentation and lyrical point of view. 

I think Strangeland gets a free pass too just because its ancient. IMO it was their worst song before the Trilogy came along and provided a few contenders. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

On that note it’s interesting how in the Italian interviews they’ve described this album not so much as a further evolution of their sound, but as a bridge between Dookie and AI.  Where those albums are as different as they could be, Saviors promises to be an interesting blend of (or a nod to) both styles.

We called it, A blend of Dookie and Idiot!    Hopefully there will be a bit of other eras as well.  Nimrod and ⚠️ 

9 minutes ago, That Dude said:

We called it, A blend of Dookie and Idiot!    Hopefully there will be a bit of other eras as well.  Nimrod and ⚠️ 

Wait they did a new interview recently about saviors? Can someone send a link? I would like to read it 

11 minutes ago, ekim said:

Wait they did a new interview recently about saviors? Can someone send a link? I would like to read it 

According to the article corvette summer seems to be a standout track 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

Somebody's nimrod is getting blended, we know this much

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1.5 cups berries

1 cup milk

1 vanilla yogurt

Teaspoon of sugar youth.

1 original pressing of nimrod on compact disc.

Blend for 60 seconds.   

Enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, nohamxx said:

Maybe this was all done at the same time as Father of All but they are keeping that kind of quiet because people blindly hate that era for no good reason.    This would also explain the confusion about One Eyed Ryan Rynolds or whatever it's called being a Foamy leftover.   FOAM could have been a double album but noooooooo.   All the Trilogy and Foam hatred ruined it all.   😄   But I'm serious.   You guys like quality but  gimme gimme quanity.   😋 

• Like 1

In the case the band got sick with covid, I really hope the CFL show doesn't require a covid test and risk the potential of not performing. that would suck!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, nflsbest26 said:

In the case the band got sick with covid, I really hope the CFL show doesn't require a covid test and risk the potential of not performing. that would suck!

They did post in their Instagram story yesterday that they were rehearsing for the Grey Cup, so I guess everyone's healthy now. For all we know it could've just been something they ate and got food poisoning

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

They did post in their Instagram story yesterday that they were rehearsing for the Grey Cup, so I guess everyone's healthy now. For all we know it could've just been something they ate and got food poisoning

they had to cancel the interview for some UK radio(?) station today

so whatever they have (probably covid), they still avoid people

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yes.  Could have been something pedestrian like a migraine or stomach problem.  Allergies.  While not life threatening, you can't really rock if you have to run to the bathroom or if your nose is a stream of snot.  I keep having issues lately that thwart my singing on my stages...the car and the shower.  A random cough or a scratchy throat that keeps coming and going.   Rather frustrating and if I were being depended on to front a band, a serious problem.       

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I don’t think they were actually rehearsing, I think that was a joke referencing the NGFL video with the football theme. 

• Like 3

They bring fans up to play guitar live.   They should do that in the studio.  Bring in one of those people and have them perform a solo on Album 15.    Which I am excited for.   What can a band possibly do once they pour Fancy Sauce on their fans?   And Bobby Sox, oh my dear goodness.     Suzie Chapstick, save me I'm chapped!   You there with the eye patch -  throw me a life jacket!   Zombies - find what few brain cells are left and digitize them into Omega 3000.   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Grohl said:

I saw a billboard ad for the tour when driving on the highway!

Where at?

Just found a really good cover of 1981!!!

She’s gonna bang her head like 1981
(So long, farewell)

She’s throwing punches to the beat
To the sound of cable TV
And she’ll never see the world the same
She is a Cold War in my head
And I am East Berlin
On the danger side of parts unknown

Coffee and cyanide for lovers in disgrace
If this is not a test you’ve got one foot in the grave

(So long, farewell)

Crime, foreman of the time
Champagne and party lives
God bless the end of times
Pain, commies, and cocaine
Slam dance in acid rain
We live the dream for 15 minutes of fame

(So long, farewell)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, That Dude said:

I hope these are actually on the album, but who knows? 

I believe the d tuned song will be on the album but fever and the other one I believe are leaked foam bsides 

4 minutes ago, ekim said:

I believe the d tuned song will be on the album but fever and the other one I believe are leaked foam bsides 

But i find it odd the two other leaked snippets haven't been released in full like one eyed bastard was back in may

• Like 1