New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

11 minutes ago, Flashback said:

The solo guitars of the bridge of Look Ma, No Brains! in the teaser sounds quite different to the final version. I wonder if this is just due to CLA's mixing or if they re-recorded some parts after they scrapped 1972.

They definitely made some changes. In the first RAK teaser, Billie can be heard going “Woah woah!” But in the single, that backing vocal is nowhere to be found. I just can’t wait to hear the story about the entire recording process. I’m just surprised Mike didn’t mention anything about 1972 in his podcast interview

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

It's during the chorus after the instrumental bridge starting at 3:00

What?? I thought they were just backing vocals from Mike.

Doesn't sound like audience cheering, not in the slightest 

13 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

They definitely made some changes. In the first RAK teaser, Billie can be heard going “Woah woah!” But in the single, that backing vocal is nowhere to be found. I just can’t wait to hear the story about the entire recording process. I’m just surprised Mike didn’t mention anything about 1972 in his podcast interview

I don't think the first teaser is LMNB.. could be a different song.

I don't hear any sort of resemblance 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Maybe they decided to re-record the whole song and make it more fit to the zombie topic

9 minutes ago, AlienVisitor said:

Doesn't sound like audience cheering, not in the slightest 

6 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I don't hear cheering either, just harmonizing/backing vocals.

I can also clearly hear the audience cheering beginning at 3:01 in I Was a Teenage Teenager beside the harmonies. Do you have a different version of FOAM? 😄

9 minutes ago, AlienVisitor said:

I don't think the first teaser is LMNB.. could be a different song.

At first I also thought that the first teaser is not LMNB, because the slow pair of guitars is louder than the fast pair in the teaser. But after several listens I am quite convinced that's it's an early version of LMNB.

10 minutes ago, Flashback said:

I can also clearly hear the audience cheering beginning at 3:01 in I Was a Teenage Teenager beside the harmonies. Do you have a different version of FOAM?

Yeah, to help people who are not hearing it: it's BEFORE Mike's harmonies. The crowd starts cheering just as Billie starts singing the chorus.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

I’m just surprised Mike didn’t mention anything about 1972 in his podcast interview

I don't think Mighty Manfred knew a whole lot about the upcoming album and often times cut Mike's answers short to pivot to a completely different subject.

• Like 1

I don't understand how people aren't hearing the cheering in Teenage Teenager. It's not the backing vocals or some weird sound effect. It's blatantly an audience sound effect at 3:00

58 minutes ago, Saviour said:

Alright, hear me out. And I know I'm derailing the topic, but whatever. 

I don't like FOAMF. At all. For the most part, pretty much everything about it is wank, sadly. 

BUT, Teenage Teenager isn't the worst song on the record. The lyrics are absolutely TERRIBLE, but the Weezer-esque choruses are catchy AF. The buildup harmonies in the last chorus are great. If I listen to this record (barely ever) I find myself pretty much only listening to this, Sugar Youth and Graffitia. 

On the whole, in GD's vast discography, it's right down the bottom... but it's not their worst song. 

I don't enjoy the choruses of IWATT at all. Yeah, they're somewhat catchy I guess... But not any more than basically any other Green Day song ever made, even compared to the other songs on the album. And it doesn't have anything other than catchiness. Admittedly, it's not as bad as the verses but I despise this track. Easily the worst song on the album and almost definitely the worst Green Day song imo. No redeeming qualities

12 hours ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Oh my God I never noticed the crowd cheer in I Was A Teenage Teenager! I actually like that song a lot, though 🤷‍♂️ 

As far as the new album, I feel like OEB would work really well for a hockey team after they score a goal. If people sang along to Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis imagine an arena all going "Bada Bing Bada Bing Bada Booooooom" after a goal.

Vancouver Canucks used Holiday as their goal song for two years.

• Like 2

On 11/8/2023 at 9:51 AM, Christian's Inferno! said:

Pretty sure Green Day will be competing with blink for the grammys. Neither band will be eligible for the grammys in February (except maybe some of blink's singles released pre-album release) because the cut off date for that would've been early-mid October I think but the year after that, both of their albums will be eligible. And there's no way Green Day's album is going to beat blink's album in the Grammys. Regardless of whether it's better or not. They might get a nomination or two which would be cool but I wouldn't be expecting any wins. Pretty sure Green Day's studio singles/albums have been completely absent from grammy nominations since they won Best Rock Album for 21CB. The only nominations they got after that were for the AI musical and Cuatro. I think RevRad might've got a nomination if it was released a bit sooner because it was released like days or weeks after the cutoff for the 2016 grammys I think

The Blink album is out this year and GD’s next. They shouldn’t be going head to head.

They might both appear and perform though for this year’s. Who knows with the Grammys anymore… 

11 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

Vancouver Canucks used Holiday as their goal song for two years.

The two years where they scored no goals? 😂

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I don't understand how people aren't hearing the cheering in Teenage Teenager. It's not the backing vocals or some weird sound effect. It's blatantly an audience sound effect at 3:00

I don't enjoy the choruses of IWATT at all. Yeah, they're somewhat catchy I guess... But not any more than basically any other Green Day song ever made, even compared to the other songs on the album. And it doesn't have anything other than catchiness. Admittedly, it's not as bad as the verses but I despise this track. Easily the worst song on the album and almost definitely the worst Green Day song imo. No redeeming qualities

I don't hate the song as much as you do, but it's crazy to think that just a few years prior Billie wrote Outlaws - another song about his youth, but with far superior musical, lyrical, and emotional depth. It's baffling how these two simkilar-themed songs, so different in quality, are only separated by one album.

There is some pretty wild screams in Stab You In The Heart.   It's the weak link in Foamy and even it is amaze balls fabulous.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Nightlife begs to differ 😂

Stab You In The Heart is also offended.

I don’t think it’s as bad as this forum thinks it is but I agree there’s not much impact from the song as a whole. Maybe it’s more of a testament to foam being their worst release. Their shortest album has some of the most filler seen across the catalog…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

How could he? the guy kept interrupting him 

1 minute ago, That Dude said:

There is some pretty wild screams in Stab You In The Heart.   It's the weak link in Foamy and even it is amaze balls fabulous.

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

Nightlife begs to differ 😂

Stab You In The Heart is also offended.

I don’t think it’s as bad as this forum thinks it is but I agree there’s not much impact from the song as a whole. Maybe it’s more of a testament to foam being their worst release. Their shortest album has some of the most filler seen across the catalog…

Stab You in the Heart is top 2 of FOAMF

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Stab You in the Heart is top 2 of FOAMF

Top 2 in bad or good?

I think maybe my record was defective cause everytime the first verse ends it goes into fuck time

• Haha 1

Just now, Lenny said:

Top 2 in bad or good?

I think maybe my record was defective cause everytime the first verse ends it goes into fuck time

As in, the best of the album along with Graffitia

Don't get me wrong, both tracks are flawed as is every track that's come off of FOAM. But these are the 2 songs that stand out to me. SYITH may not be original but I like the energy it has and think it's superior to Fuck Time. So I welcome it in their discography. I also don't dislike the garage rock sound of Foxboro Hot Tubs or even Dos, and SYITH is just a continuation of that sound really

7 minutes ago, Lenny said:

The Blink album is out this year and GD’s next. They shouldn’t be going head to head.

They might both appear and perform though for this year’s. Who knows with the Grammys anymore… 

The two years where they scored no goals? 😂

Seems like the chances of either band getting to preform are slim to none because the grammy's have become a shitty rap and pop award show rock album of the year isn't even broadcast anymore 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ekim said:

Didn't stab you in the heart also have a fake audience cheering ?

Yes it did in the second verse. Personally I think that was the most cringe thing they've ever put out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teenagekicks said:

Yes it did in the second verse. Personally I think that was the most cringe thing they've ever put out. 

Yeah I wish billie would stop with the 60s revival garage rock crap green day is a punk  rock band not the fkn stray cats!

• Confused 3

7 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

As in, the best of the album along with Graffitia

Don't get me wrong, both tracks are flawed as is every track that's come off of FOAM. But these are the 2 songs that stand out to me. SYITH may not be original but I like the energy it has and think it's superior to Fuck Time. So I welcome it in their discography. I also don't dislike the garage rock sound of Foxboro Hot Tubs or even Dos, and SYITH is just a continuation of that sound really

I like select tracks off of Dos but I do love the FBHT album. It’s a solid album, I remember Mother Mary getting airplay here in Toronto for about a year too.

I dont know if I like Fuck Time more or SYITH. That is to be determined.

6 hours ago, ekim said:

Yeah I wish billie would stop with the 60s revival garage rock crap green day is a punk  rock band not the fkn stray cats!

It would be cool if Green Day merged with the Stray Cats to form the Foxboro Hot Cats