New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

Well I think overall this song-by-song review sounds pretty great. Only the review of Saviors is indeed bizarre, but the rest sounds VERY promising :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

Better than RevRad.

This sounds like 1972 expanded out to include some political and social songs seems like a mix bag of everything green day 

37 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Well I think overall this song-by-song review sounds pretty great. Only the review of Saviors is indeed bizarre, but the rest sounds VERY promising :)

Maybe saviors is just a song about trying to save rock n roll  so maybe they passed it off as too predictable or something 

• Like 1

I figured the whole "Saviors" concept was gonna be similar to the "Heroes & Cons" and refer to the politicians and powerful people who would be portrayed as heroes/saviors but are actually just conmen. But since the album is apparently not going to be as political as 21CB was, it might make more sense as being the saviors of rock. Idk how I feel about that. As much as I love their music, I think it maybe makes them look a bit egotistical to imply they're going to singlehandedly save rock & roll

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I figured the whole "Saviors" concept was gonna be similar to the "Heroes & Cons" and refer to the politicians and powerful people who would be portrayed as heroes/saviors but are actually just conmen. But since the album is apparently not going to be as political as 21CB was, it might make more sense as being the saviors of rock. Idk how I feel about that. As much as I love their music, I think it maybe makes them look a bit egotistical to imply they're going to singlehandedly save rock & roll

That's never stopped them before. Remember that ridiculous rant that came with FOAM about teabagging some motherfuckers? 

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That's never stopped them before. Remember that ridiculous rant that came with FOAM about teabagging some motherfuckers? 

True. They also inserted fake audience cheering for the last chorus of I Was A Teenage Teenager. Imagine actually putting that cheering in when you just made the worst song of your career.

• Like 3

Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

True. They also inserted fake audience cheering for the last chorus of I Was A Teenage Teenager. Imagine actually putting that cheering in when you just made the worst song of your career.

I don’t hate FOAM completely, but the fact that multiple songs have a viable claim for this award says a lot (Oh Yeah is unlistenable to me)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Maybe it's ironic egotism.

Can we get all the lyrics already?  Makes for better sing alongs at shows.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jankowski576 said:

I don’t hate FOAM completely, but the fact that multiple songs have a viable claim for this award says a lot (Oh Yeah is unlistenable to me)

Didn't stab you in the heart also have a fake audience cheering ?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ekim said:

Didn't stab you in the heart also have a fake audience cheering ?

No, that was I Was a Teenage Teenager

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

He’s been sober again since the end of the Hella Mega Europe tour (August 2022)

Yeah I was wondering what the tour cycle would do, but he has looked so clear and happy which is great so either way life is working for him right now

• Like 3

Bored. Let's open Album 20 thread.  You know we'll get there.    Even at album 14, it's hard to imagine what else the band can do or say.  But they always come up with something each and every time.     Album 20 will probably be out in 2041. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

No, that was I Was a Teenage Teenager

What?? I never noticed that.

Which time stamp can I hear that?

2 hours ago, Jankowski576 said:

For all the talk about Billie drinking a few pages back, he was drinking n/a beer again last night

Is that not the zero alcohol Heineken he was drinking?  

Just now, jengd said:

Is that not the zero alcohol Heineken he was drinking?  

Yes n/a beer is nonalcoholic 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AlienVisitor said:

What?? I never noticed that.

Which time stamp can I hear that?

It's during the chorus after the instrumental bridge starting at 3:00

I remember Kerrang! Magazine doing like a 6-page special previewing American Idiot in probably early 2004 with a track-by-track. They did not do it justice. Not that the expectations are that high for Saviors, but still, take these things with a pinch of salt. 

Still wondering which track Teaser #9 is, if anything. The drop-D track. Maybe Bobby Sox? 

Also, how do people know whether members of the band are sober or not? I'm not suggesting you don't know, it's just... How? 

The solo guitars of the bridge of Look Ma, No Brains! in the teaser sounds quite different to the final version. I wonder if this is just due to CLA's mixing or if they re-recorded some parts after they scrapped 1972.

15 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Even if it was a beer, so what!?

Exactly.

Rock stars in drinking alcohol shocker. 

42 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

It's during the chorus after the instrumental bridge starting at 3:00

That’s just some filter effect. Wouldnt say it’s audiences cheering