New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

Yeah, I find the whole comment of the song Saviors being unremarkable to be very strange, given the care the writer put into describing the other songs. Like…what about it isn’t noteworthy? Does it sound like another song they’ve done before? Do the lyrics just not pop? The lack of explanation felt off.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Why would they mention a song not being noteworthy? If I am discussing an album and have nothing of value to discuss about a song, I don't even mention it.  They literally noted non-noteworthiness.   Maybe they hated it but didn't want to go that route.   It's probably what normie's consider a standard pop punk tune like something from Dookie or Nimrod.  I wonder if WE will like.

I mean it is supposed to be a "track-by-track" description so they have to mention every track. Though I do find the "not noteworthy" comment to be strange. There's absolutely nothing they could've said about it?

• Like 2

Cool write-up regardless of the fact that, yeah, I agree with you guys saying that it's a bit of an odd note to end on.

20 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

Yeah, I find the whole comment of the song Saviors being unremarkable to be very strange, given the care the writer put into describing the other songs. Like…what about it isn’t noteworthy? Does it sound like another song they’ve done before? Do the lyrics just not pop? The lack of explanation felt off.

Saviors confirmed best banger since JOS, then. They’re trying to keep the lid on it and not spoil the surprise! :eyebrows:i-feel-like-thats-very-suspicious-wally-

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I mean it is supposed to be a "track-by-track" description so they have to mention every track. Though I do find the "not noteworthy" comment to be strange. There's absolutely nothing they could've said about it?

They could have mentioned a lyric, a guitar lick, a drum beat.  But no.  Nothing.  There's absolutely  nothing to be said about it.   Guess this person isn't a GDC user, haha.   Maybe Green Day told them to tell no one about what they heard.   Hey, Saviors is so good, nobody can know until release day.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, suffoKate said:

Saviors confirmed best banger since JOS, then. They’re trying to keep the lid on it and not spoil the surprise! :eyebrows:i-feel-like-thats-very-suspicious-wally-

Unironically, that's what I'm hoping is the case lol

Edited by devilskind92
  • Like 4

Just now, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Lmfao we had an insider (Sanity Loan) less than a week ago say he heard the song Saviors was "very very good." And now we got this guy from billboard italy saying its the only unremarkable song. Well which is it?

Almost like people have different tastes and opinions.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Lmfao we had an insider (Sanity Loan) less than a week ago say he heard the song Saviors was "very very good." And now we got this guy from billboard italy saying its the only unremarkable song. Well which is it?

I think this guy from billboard just not think the song stands out... but is just his opinion at the end of the day. Maybe is just another fast paced punk green day song, and maybe for this very reason it will be a fan favourite. Who knows right?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I kind of thought he meant the whole album.

The song Saviors is the tool with which Green Day will destroy Pop Punk music.  It is so powerful, it will be like Beatlemania and Nirvana happening simultaneously. It will destroy all music that came before. Green Day won't be able to be heard over the screaming fans.   It will change the Milky Way's shape.   

20 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

Somebody said they heard "acid rain" in the lyrics to 1981. Nailed it!

I had the cold war in my head lyric locked in from the beginning most people on YouTube who covered it said she lives a whole world in my head which didn't make sense to me 

33 minutes ago, That Dude said:

The song Saviors is the tool with which Green Day will destroy Pop Punk music.  It is so powerful, it will be like Beatlemania and Nirvana happening simultaneously. It will destroy all music that came before. Green Day won't be able to be heard over the screaming fans.   It will change the Milky Way's shape.   

It's weird to think a song that's one of the longer tracks on the album goes nowhere but there's plenty of that on the trilogy so wouldn't put it passed them lol

35 minutes ago, That Dude said:

But does it fire in all cylinders though??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, stories and songs said:

Maybe they didn’t get to hear it and so are just trying to pretend they did and say it wasn’t noteworthy instead 😏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

I love reviews like this as teases. Reminds me of the a magazine in 2009 (can’t remember the name but I still have it somewhere) that did a listen to the first half of 21CB and wrote up descriptions. I remember buying that magazine issue just for that and getting hyped.

I remember they said restless heart syndrome sound like Linkin Park and fiona apple mixed together yeah it didn't not at all lol

Opinions vary the guy said one eyed bastard sounds like deep purple? Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looks like they are playing a surprise gig in a London pub tonight, had hoped they were filming some appearances while here.  It’s been years since they were on with Jools Holland for instance.

• Like 3
  • Surprised 2

I noticed the lyric for one eyed bastard changed. 
the review wrote “I always liked you but I’m glad you’re all dead”. 
I wonder if that replaces the original lyric “I got an offer that you can not deny” OR “I never asked about your god damn feelings”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nflsbest26 said:

I noticed the lyric for one eyed bastard changed. 
the review wrote “I always liked you but I’m glad you’re all dead”. 

That lyric is in the ''demo'' version.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mato said:

That lyric is in the ''demo'' version.

O wow you’re right! Lol never mind then 

The description for Bobby sox sounds interesting metal chorus overall sounds like weezer we talking van weezer ? Lol 

3 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

The reviews seems to be “Green Day sound with some cool additions” which sounds perfect. I’m expecting a solid album. Nothing to the level of AI and 21CB in theme or execution, but just well-thought-out songs and classic GD sound.

Sounds like the true follow up to revolution radio like if foam never existed lol 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ekim said:

The description for Bobby sox sounds interesting metal chorus overall sounds like weezer we talking van weezer ? Lol 

Sounds like the true follow up to revolution radio like if foam never existed lol 

Better than RevRad.