New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

14 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Somebody said they heard "acid rain" in the lyrics to 1981. Nailed it!

Have the genius lyrics been changed yet lol they all came from one guys cover and hadn’t been changed despite better suggestions 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Ik you should always be skeptical about these things but there are absolutely things here that are almost certainly true. Like all the selected lyrics and the lyrical themes mentioned, the fact that Fancy Sauce finishes with a long instrumental section. It's not like whoever wrote this just didn't realise that Billie was singing during that instrumental

The article seems to describe the instrumentals and content of the song pretty well. It's not just vague "this sounds like old Green Day" or "this is the new JOS" type shit

Well it’s been pulled from the website now

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Sounds interesting but I take these with a grain of salt. I remember when Oh Love was “the next Jesus of Suburbia.”

Who said Oh Love was the next Jesus of Suburbia?   Because they were RIGHT.  Artful song with an artful video.   Love it.

1 hour ago, localinsomniac said:

Somebody said they heard "acid rain" in the lyrics to 1981. Nailed it!

That was me but I totally failed hearing the line about East Berlin! 🤡

1 hour ago, Verycool99 said:

Well it’s been pulled from the website now

You mean the track by track description? Maybe they weren't supposed to reveal that much detail just yet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Idk if they're still trying to keep people from knowing the album tracklist and that's why they too it down? Cause the initial sources that gave us the tracklist removed the songs from their source shortly after. But the tracklist is pretty much everywhere now, including the album's wikipedia page. Everyone who'd want to know it knows it

• Like 1

I'm really excited about the music contained within.    I'm not picky when it comes to Green Day music.   I've been known to even listen to Haushinka from time to time (GASP!)     But one thing I AM picky about is album art.    I think most of their album covers (and most of everyone elses) stink and this one yet another stinker.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Idk if they're still trying to keep people from knowing the album tracklist and that's why they too it down? Cause the initial sources that gave us the tracklist removed the songs from their source shortly after. But the tracklist is pretty much everywhere now, including the album's wikipedia page. Everyone who'd want to know it knows it

When do you think they'll officially reveal the tracklist? I'm thinking maybe some titles aren't the final titles. Just like how Bulletproof Backpack was changed to Oh Yeah!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I live in Berlin, I listened to the guy sing 1981 in front of me in Paris, I was singing the song the entire time and not once I heard the “East Berlin” line 😂

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

When do you think they'll officially reveal the tracklist? I'm thinking maybe some titles aren't the final titles. Just like how Bulletproof Backpack was changed to Oh Yeah!

the tracklist is already revealed and real.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

I concur that the source indeed seems legit. I'm not much the wiser having read through the descriptions though. Well, perhaps a tiny bit, but as others have already pointed out, I think subjectivity plays a huge role in describing music. For instance, the writer mentions "American Idiot" vibes in relation to LMNB, something that I personally cannot relate to at all. So, whilst I believe the source to be legit, it has luckily neither raised nor lowered my own expectations, because it's still very difficult to make a mental picture of what the songs will sound like to my own ears.  

One thing does seems rather clear to me though and at this point I'm even willing to put money on it: OEB will sound very similar to the version that we have already heard. Not identical perhaps, I will concede, but very similar. For one thing, the riff appears to be the same, at least, it fits perfectly with the writer's description, and so too does the rest of the song. I never believed they would change it and now I definitely don't see them doing that. So I would not expect any big surprises/changes for that song. 

I'm sure they got rid of the Butch Walker production, maybe they took out the droning piano and the reverb

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I'm sure they got rid of the Butch Walker production, maybe they took out the droning piano and the reverb

Even the demo was very anti Butch walker production

• Like 2

The production on the OEB leak is way better than basically every song on FOAM, so I really don’t get why people are convinced it was a Butch take. Honestly, I wouldn’t be mad at all if the album cut is essentially the same thing but fully mixed. Bummer it leaked but the song sounds great as is and it’s my favorite of what we’ve heard from Saviors so far. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 1039SweetChildren said:

The production on the OEB leak is way better than basically every song on FOAM, so I really don’t get why people are convinced it was a Butch take. Honestly, I wouldn’t be mad at all if the album cut is essentially the same thing but fully mixed. Bummer it leaked but the song sounds great as is and it’s my favorite of what we’ve heard from Saviors so far. 

The reverb and the droning piano note sounds very similar to the FOAM sound

It’s a little interesting to read the explanation but honestly, I just read and dismiss as I’ve never yet read one of these articles and then heard what they’ve written in the music.  Fine to quite little bits of lyrics but again,mic they are out of context what’s the point?

• Like 3

OEB can still sound like it was produced by Butch without sounding like FOAMF. I think there are probably Butch mannerisms in there, would not surprise me at all if Butch was involved as I'm pretty sure they were intending on working with him more after FOAMF before they got back with Rob. But it doesn't sound like FOAMF to me. Yes, there's hand claps but there were also a lot of hand claps on The Longshot. The hand claps seem much more like a Billie thing than just a Butch/FOAMF thing. In general, I think the whole FOAMF sound is more down to Billie than Butch anyway so any similariites to FOAMF are more likely still down to Billie. The one thing that I expect to be different in the final version of OEB is the vocals to sound more like how the rest of the songs sound. Idk if I'm expecting any more changes, the demo that leaked already sounded pretty complete

Also, just realized "Livin in the 20s" is referring to the 2020s lol. Whenever I hear someone talk about the 20s or 30s or 40s etc. I always think 1920s, 1930s, 1940s. I just figured Livin in the 20s was some historical piece in the same way 1981 was

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

I agree that 'The whole FOAMF sound is more down to Billie than Butch'.

Yeah it's Billie without guardrails :lol:

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, jengd said:

It’s a little interesting to read the explanation but honestly, I just read and dismiss as I’ve never yet read one of these articles and then heard what they’ve written in the music.  Fine to quite little bits of lyrics but again,mic they are out of context what’s the point?

Totally agree. I don’t pay attention to any album or band comparisons, because we all hear different things. I seem to remember a music journalist comparing 21CB to Africa by Toto, lol. Even amongst fans, we hear things so differently — I’ve seen TADIKM be compared to 21CB, RevRad, and the trilogy, which to me are three pretty distinct vibes.

And lyrics, too — lyrics always sound so weird out of context. You don’t know how they’re framed by the other lines around them or in what way they’re sung, so it just doesn’t mean much.

• Like 3

Why would they mention a song not being noteworthy? If I am discussing an album and have nothing of value to discuss about a song, I don't even mention it.  They literally noted non-noteworthiness.   Maybe they hated it but didn't want to go that route.   It's probably what normie's consider a standard pop punk tune like something from Dookie or Nimrod.  I wonder if WE will like.

• Like 2