New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

8 hours ago, That Dude said:

Green Day need to tackle daylight savings time via a poetic song.   You can say it's 8:54am.   You can say it's 5 oclock somewhere.   But absolutely nothing you do will ever give you more time.  It never gave farmers more time.   It never gave anyone anything but stress.   Burn in hell, daylight meaningless words thingy.

Strange days are here to stay?

On 11/6/2023 at 4:06 PM, ekim said:

Track 2 is look ma no brains 

My theory is goodnight adeline was originally gonna be track 2 on the 6 song ep but when they decided to make a full album they thought maybe something more uptempo to follow the American dream is killing me would be better flow for the record thus pushing goodnight adeline to the 7th track I could be wrong but I'm probably not lol

https://youtube.com/shorts/Zy6-MWRHuEU?si=1-zj8aTVHIbQIXe9 Now this one had no # Tag but there's also a video of billie playing a solo for it in another video sounds massive could it be dilemma?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sanity Loan said:

Yeah, it’s a little song called “Homecoming” off the 2004 album American Idiot. Not sure if you’ve heard of it.

"little song"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I hope they update their store soon.  I'd like to put that Statue of Liberty hoodie on my Christmas list.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

Yeah, it’s a little song called “Homecoming” off the 2004 album American Idiot. Not sure if you’ve heard of it.

I meant is there another song intertwined like the other video featuring the rolling stones tune someone isolated the song playing under it turned out to be another sample of a new song penis the genius 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ekim said:

I meant is there another song intertwined like the other video featuring the rolling stones tune someone isolated the song playing under it turned out to be another sample of a new song penis the genius 

Why are you such a disrespectful little shit?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, localinsomniac said:

Why are you such a disrespectful little shit?

Why are you such a little mouthy twat ? 

1 hour ago, AlienVisitor said:

Remember the video where Billie is playing to his dog??

living in the 20's

Can you upload it ? I don't think I've heard it 

6 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

And back on ignore you go.

Good riddance 

10 minutes ago, pcj said:

This is surreal. Back in May we got the devastating news that the new album wouldn't be released till '24. There was the prospect that '23 would be a barren year for GD fans. 

Now look, news songs, were getting spoilt rotten with all these live shows, with amazing sets and vintage performances from the band. Fingers crossed I'm off to London to see Green Day live again. Who would have believed this just a few months ago. I think I'm gonna go fuckin' crazy.

Whether the album is gonna sell a lot of records or live up the quality of previous albums, one thing is deffo for sure. 

Green Day have always been, still are, and always will be the bestest live band to see and enjoy on this planet, nay in the universe.

Looking at what we've had so far from the live shows, below is my fav' clip. Billie Joe is on fire. Every time I see him, he's looking younger. Must be something to do with the music. lol

I think it's the quality of the new material they seem pretty proud of saviors I think the only thing that could possibly hurt the album sells is rock has been put on the back burner by the mainstream media let's face it green day were ten times more qualified to play the super bowl half time show usher I'm waiting to see what happens at the grammy's which has become basically anti rock idk if the category for best rock album is even broadcasted like it used to be 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

And back on ignore you go.

19 minutes ago, ekim said:

Good riddance 

Let's knock it off and get back on topic, please.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, ekim said:

I think it's the quality of the new material they seem pretty proud of saviors I think the only thing that could possibly hurt the album sells is rock has been put on the back burner by the mainstream media let's face it green day were ten times more qualified to play the super bowl half time show usher I'm waiting to see what happens at the grammy's which has become basically anti rock idk if the category for best rock album is even broadcasted like it used to be 

Pretty sure Green Day will be competing with blink for the grammys. Neither band will be eligible for the grammys in February (except maybe some of blink's singles released pre-album release) because the cut off date for that would've been early-mid October I think but the year after that, both of their albums will be eligible. And there's no way Green Day's album is going to beat blink's album in the Grammys. Regardless of whether it's better or not. They might get a nomination or two which would be cool but I wouldn't be expecting any wins. Pretty sure Green Day's studio singles/albums have been completely absent from grammy nominations since they won Best Rock Album for 21CB. The only nominations they got after that were for the AI musical and Cuatro. I think RevRad might've got a nomination if it was released a bit sooner because it was released like days or weeks after the cutoff for the 2016 grammys I think

Bobby Sox: "Billie Joe himself gives us an almost metal vocal performance in the chorus, very scratchy, to Chester Bennington (RIP), which he rarely heard before in the past"

What?

Dilemma lyrics: "I was sober, now I'm drunk again"

I hope this doesn't mean Billie's having problems with alcohol again like he was having pre-RevRad.

Well, if you had a problem with the TikTok reference in TADIKM, you're probably not gonna like the fact that there's an Instagram reference in Suzie Chapstick

Apparently, the title track is "not noteworthy". Not a good sign there

Fancy Sauce ends with a long instrumental section? I called it!

On 11/3/2023 at 9:03 PM, Christian's Inferno! said:

Maybe there will be an instrumental track, like Last Ride In/Espionage? One of the shorter songs could be an instrumental. Or hell maybe Fancy Sauce might be an instrumental track. Ik albums that end with these long epic instrumental sections like Paramore's Future or Weezer's Only In Dreams

• Like 1

Well I thought Livin in the 20s was going to be my least favorite but it may be the best of the bunch.    Description sounds very Foamy and I'm very happy.   Foam, saviors and then the next album as a secret Trilogy.   😉

• Haha 1

Somebody said they heard "acid rain" in the lyrics to 1981. Nailed it!

• Like 3

Sounds interesting but I take these with a grain of salt. I remember when Oh Love was “the next Jesus of Suburbia.”

• Like 2