New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

15 minutes ago, ekim said:

I don't hear a hit song with that one it's too short and repetitive the only interesting part is the bridge other than that it's a pretty basic green day song tbh

Because in the teasers for all the snippets from last year there's # tages for example #6 we now know is track 6 1981 #3 video is bobby sox track 3 # 9 corvette summer track 9  # 10 suzie chapstick track 10 the only one that doesn't match is #2 the acoustic song my guess they decided to switch it out for American dream but I believe it's goodnight adeline so it still on the album just not in it's original placement on saviors 

Track 2 is look ma no brains 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ekim said:

Beause in the teasers for all the snippets from last year there's # tages for example #6 we now know is track 6 1981 #3 video is bobby sox track 3 # 9 corvette summer track 9  # 10 suzie chapstick track 10 the only one that doesn't match is #2 the acoustic song my guess they decided to switch it out for American dream but I believe it's goodnight adeline so it still on the album just not in it's original placement on saviors 

This is quite a stretch. The numbers are just the order they put out the teasers in, and 1981 coincidentally lines up. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

This is quite a stretch. The numbers are just the order they put out the teasers in, and 1981 coincidentally lines up. 

See not all the clips were new songs this is just billie and rob cavallo listening to a song by the rolling stones there's only like 6 clips of actual new snippets out of the 14 videos they posted 

2 minutes ago, ekim said:

See not all the clips were new songs this is just billie and rob cavallo listening to a song by the rolling stones there's only like 6 clips of actual new snippets out of the 14 videos they posted 

I think you’re joking but can’t tell - Rolling Stones song is being played over what they’re recording

58 minutes ago, ekim said:

I don't hear a hit song with that one it's too short and repetitive the only interesting part is the bridge other than that it's a pretty basic green day song tbh

Because in the teasers for all the snippets from last year there's # tages for example #6 we now know is track 6 1981 #3 video is bobby sox track 3 # 9 corvette summer track 9  # 10 suzie chapstick track 10 the only one that doesn't match is #2 the acoustic song my guess they decided to switch it out for American dream but I believe it's goodnight adeline so it still on the album just not in it's original placement on saviors 

Although multiple teasers could be different parts of 1 song, like how we discovered The 1st and 4th teasers are different parts of Look Ma, No Brains

• Like 3

4 hours ago, M1KEY said:

They also may not be there anymore. Lots of parts get recorded and then not included in the final mix. The Otis mixed included little parts that weren't on the album. I hope they're in there though, they sound tasty.

They could be buried in the mix as well. 

but a perfect example of what youre explaining is the Ed Stasium remixes for The Replacements album Tim. 

It’s caused a lot of arguments in the facebook group for the band. 

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

5 hours ago, Lenny said:

There’s little fills in there that we arent hearing in the live versions which is expected because these shows arent meant to be recorded by shouting fans with iphones.

Then there’s also the expectation. The 21cb effect is real, people are expecting this grandiose songwriting and consistent epics to be delivered. 

At the same time if they go down that road then they are criticized for ignoring their roots.

So far I like the tunes. They are fun and fast and sound like Green Day. I think there will be a mix of all types of GD eras and sounds on here but there’s potential for it to pack a harder punch than Rev Rad.

Also, someone commented on this video, "Now THAT'S Green Day!!!"

1 hour ago, ekim said:

1 hour ago, Jankowski576 said:

I think you’re joking but can’t tell - Rolling Stones song is being played over what they’re recording

Someone was able to isolate the audio and it shows that the Rolling Stones song was masking something else!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jankowski576 said:

Yes I heard the song sounds similar to whatsername 

3 hours ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Exactly. They hadn't even written TADIKM at that point so there was no album sequence yet.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ekim said:

I don know how we would know what all the songs are without hearing the album?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, M1KEY said:

Exactly. They hadn't even written TADIKM at that point so there was no album sequence yet.

Wasn't an ep at the beginning? 

1 hour ago, AlienVisitor said:

Please stop this bullshit.

Last time I've seen enough bullshit was when you guys tried to depicher non existing codes from random words posted by green day for a countdown.

If 1981 was #6 and is now we know track 6 on saviors who's to say the others with a specific number next aren't the same way ? Just sayin 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ekim said:

Wasn't an ep at the beginning? 

If 1981 was #6 and is now we know track 6 on saviors who's to say the others with a specific number next aren't the same way ? Just sayin 

There was a 6 song EP rumour but we don't know. And the first teaser song clearly wasn't TADIKM. Pretty sure we are just seeing a couple of coincidences.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

There was a 6 song EP rumour but we don't know. And the first teaser song clearly wasn't TADIKM. Pretty sure we are just seeing a couple of coincidences.

That's because they skipped around one they tagged as #2 which featured the acoustic riff then #3 which had a similar riff to 99 revolutions then #5 with the girl saying "play this for your dog" then #6 which we now know is 1981, then #7 had homecoming playing in the background as tre tells rob "this is a big slow song" it jumped to #9 clip featuring the d tuned guitar riff finally #10 which I believe was the final studio snippet featuring rob cavallo in the recording studio telling the guys "it was almost a perfect take, but tre  needed to be louder"so that was around  late July of 2022, Maybe they recorded a handful of new songs after to make up the 15 tracks on saviors.

1 minute ago, ekim said:

That's because they skipped around one they tagged as #2 which featured the acoustic riff then #3 which had a similar riff to 99 revolutions then #5 with the girl saying "play this for your dog" then #6 which we now know is 1981, then #7 had homecoming playing in the background as tre tells rob "this is a big slow song" it jumped to #9 clip featuring the d tuned guitar riff finally #10 which I believe was the final studio snippet featuring rob cavallo in the recording studio telling the guys "it was almost a perfect take, but tre  needed to be louder"so that was around  late July of 2022, Maybe they recorded a handful of new songs after to make up the 15 tracks on saviors.

And someone pointed out track 7 is usually a slow song well goodnight adeline is the 7th track on saviors so maybe that's the song tre was referring to 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does anybody know about the details of the Look Ma video? I'm curious whether they rented a backline for the shoot given that Mike hasn't used Ampeg amps since the Insomniac era. Billie's have all had the Marshall logo removed too

• Like 3

Green Day need to tackle daylight savings time via a poetic song.   You can say it's 8:54am.   You can say it's 5 oclock somewhere.   But absolutely nothing you do will ever give you more time.  It never gave farmers more time.   It never gave anyone anything but stress.   Burn in hell, daylight meaningless words thingy.

7 hours ago, M1KEY said:

The song in the first RAK teaser was clearly Look Ma No Brains

• Like 3

Teaser #9 is going to be an absolute banger. First drop D tuning song since... Whatsername? 

I don't think the acoustic one from the teaser collection is anything from the album and was just done for IG. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

I miss epic and experimental Green Day, a la 2000-2009; incredible decade of music. Maybe Saviors will match that description but based on the four songs we've heard, with the exception of "The American Dream is Killing Me", I don't think that will be the case. Happy and hoping to be proven wrong!

From what we heard, it's already a major improvement over FOAM.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

I miss epic and experimental Green Day, a la 2000-2009; incredible decade of music. Maybe Saviors will match that description but based on the four songs we've heard, with the exception of "The American Dream is Killing Me", I don't think that will be the case. Happy and hoping to be proven wrong!

2012* there fixed it 😁

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, fireballmx said:

2012* there fixed it 😁

2016 revrad was epic too. bang bang, still breathing, forever now, somewhere now or even outlawas. Man Green day is talented

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Saviour said:

Teaser #9 is going to be an absolute banger. First drop D tuning song since... Whatsername? 

I don't think the acoustic one from the teaser collection is anything from the album and was just done for IG. 

Well if you can't trust buddy Jesus who can you trust?