New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

Maybe there is a County, Rap or Pop song they could release as the next single. 

It would fit the garbage ruling the poop charts right now 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

From what we heard of the studio version clip that Billie accidentally leaked, it sounds much heavier than the live versions we’ve heard so far

Agreed. Listening to the tease again, and knowing the song, I can hear Billie Joe singing the lyrics. It really feels a lot heavier. Love the song.  Definitely not a filler. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

From what we heard of the studio version clip that Billie accidentally leaked, it sounds much heavier than the live versions we’ve heard so far

The song structure is too simple though. Not complaining or saying it's bad or mediocre, it's just that I wish every song on this album was better than "just" good.

But I like the backing vocals during the chorus, something we couldn't hear in the other live performance. It makes the chorus stand out a little bit more. They remind me a lot of the backing vocals at the end of Monkey Wrench.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

Maybe there is a County, Rap or Pop song they could release as the next single. 

Releasing a 3rd single prior to the release of the album, has only happened twice before. Uno & FOAM, the latter releasing 4th single the same day the album was released. All the other albums released just one single prior to or on the day the album was released.

Also, of the 5 albums that released a single with the album title, only AI and FOAM released their album titled single before the album was released. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pcj said:

Releasing a 3rd single prior to the release of the album, has only happened twice before. Uno & FOAM, the latter releasing 4th single the same day the album was released. All the other albums released just one single prior to or on the day the album was released.

Also, of the 5 albums that released a single with the album title, only AI and FOAM released their album titled single before the album was released. 

The band released Bang Bang, Revolution Radio & Still Breathing before the album released. SB and RevRad weren't officially released as singles until later when they got music videos but the lyric videos for those songs were released before the album was released

So since the last 3 projects (FOAMF, RevRad, trilogy) released 3 songs before the album, I'd say it's most likely we at least get a 3rd song before the album releases in January

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Surprised 1

29 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

The band released Bang Bang, Revolution Radio & Still Breathing before the album released. SB and RevRad weren't officially released as singles until later when they got music videos but the lyric videos for those songs were released before the album was released

So since the last 3 projects (FOAMF, RevRad, trilogy) released 3 songs before the album, I'd say it's most likely we at least get a 3rd song before the album releases in January

I'm sorry. Serves me right to trust Wikipedia. Although agrees with greenday.fm listing

They state RevRad album out Oct 7, 16.

Single Bang, Bang Aug 11, pre album.

Still Breathing single  Nov 12, post album.

RevRad single May 26, 2017, post album

6 minutes ago, pcj said:

I'm sorry. Serves me right to trust Wikipedia. Although agrees with greenday.fm listing

They state RevRad album out Oct 7, 16.

Single Bang, Bang Aug 11, pre album.

Still Breathing single  Nov 12, post album.

RevRad single May 26, 2017, post album

I mean the dates aren't wrong. It's just those dates are the official release of the song as a single but if you look at the lyric videos for SB and RR on YouTube and check the release date, you'll see that they were released before the album. I think it was pretty odd for the band to basically have 2 releases of the songs. Idk of any other songs that has happened for

Idk if post-album singles are really much of a thing anymore. At most, I think you generally see a single release on the day of or just after the album release. Idk if it's really even a thing anymore that a single from an album will release like 4+ months after an album. Maybe for really successful albums

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, devilskind92 said:

But I like the backing vocals during the chorus, something we couldn't hear in the other live performance. It makes the chorus stand out a little bit more. They remind me a lot of the backing vocals at the end of Monkey Wrench.

I picked up on this too. You're talking about the "fall in, fall out" part of Monkey Wrench, yeah?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lenny said:

There’s little fills in there that we arent hearing in the live versions which is expected because these shows arent meant to be recorded by shouting fans with iphones.

They also may not be there anymore. Lots of parts get recorded and then not included in the final mix. The Otis mixed included little parts that weren't on the album. I hope they're in there though, they sound tasty.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1981 is so boring. if this becomes a single I'll blend my copy of nimrod.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

How do you clean out your blender after that? I mean, you've blended enough copies of nimrod to be an expert by now, right?  😄 

• Haha 4

So many interesting thoughts on a third single. I can't make my mind up.

We've had 4 songs from the album in one form or another. OEB we're not sure what version we're getting, and 1981 live. That's quarter of album already. A new third single would be third of album.

I'm greedy and impatient for new GD music, but will that lesson impact when album is released?

• Like 2

The lyrics are MUCH clearer in this performance. There are still some lines I can't figure out but I think i figured out most of the bridge.

Crime from another time

Champagne and party lines

God bless the end of times

Pain, cops and cocaine

Slam dance and masquerade

We live the truth of ???

Can someone figure out that last line?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

The lyrics are MUCH clearer in this performance. There are still some lines I can't figure out but I think i figured out most of the bridge.

Crime from another time

Pain, cops and cocaine

We live the truth of ???

maybe "we'll live the truth and pretend that it's okay?"

big fan of this song, this live recording is honestly sick and i can't wait to hear the studio version. i hope that the line that jason sings in the chorus is present in the final song.

• Surprised 1

Aw, watching so many quality videos makes me wanna grab them and mixing them like the old times :lol:

I'm still waiting for the drop D song. I'm glad that they are feeling confident with the new material playing it in advance. That's the old school way.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Killjoy From Detroit said:

big fan of this song, this live recording is honestly sick and i can't wait to hear the studio version. i hope that the line that jason sings in the chorus is present in the final song.

I tried reading Billie's lips and it definitely sounds like something different now.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, greendepent said:

Aw, watching so many quality videos makes me wanna grab them and mixing them like the old times :lol:

I'm still waiting for the drop D song. I'm glad that they are feeling confident with the new material playing it in advance. That's the old school way.

There’s a drop D song?

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Crime from another time

Pain, cops and cocaine

We live the truth of ???

think it's actually "Slam danced in acid rain"

last line I'm hearing "We lived the dream for fifteen minutes of fame"

Edited by zeebodaclown
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Killjoy From Detroit said:

1 hour ago, Killjoy From Detroit said:

Jason White needs a whole Green Day song.  Why does the other guitarist guy hog the mic 99.9% of the time?    I might pay 5 bucks for an AI of Jason singing 1981.  I MIGHT pay 65 bucks and remake American Idiot with Jason singing everything. 

Can I put my voice into AI and then have someone make songs with my voice?  That would sure take the work out of singing.  Hahaha 

1 hour ago, greendepent said:

"Corvette summer" is the official title for that song it's track 9 on saviors 

3 minutes ago, ekim said:

"Corvette summer" is the official title for that song it's track 9 on saviors 

How do you know that? 👀

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

I don't hear a hit song with that one it's too short and repetitive the only interesting part is the bridge other than that it's a pretty basic green day song tbh

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

How do you know that? 👀

Because in the teasers for all the snippets from last year there's # tages for example #6 we now know is track 6 1981 #3 video is bobby sox track 3 # 9 corvette summer track 9  # 10 suzie chapstick track 10 the only one that doesn't match is #2 the acoustic song my guess they decided to switch it out for American dream but I believe it's goodnight adeline so it still on the album just not in it's original placement on saviors 

• Like 1