New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

4 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

I may have been lead to believe “Saviors” is very good.

Is that your way of telling us that you've already heard the song?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Is that your way of telling us that you've already heard the song?

Haha no, I have not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, M1KEY said:

In what universe is it "clearly a demo?" I swear I get dumber every time I read a comment about OEB on this forum. So sick of reading about P!nk. Did you guys know Billie's riff is most likely different enough that they can't be sued? And it's sad all you talk about is the P!nk riff and the hand claps (who tf cares?!) and no one seems to have enough musical taste to mention or recognize Iggy Pop's "The Passenger" melody.

And the 8675309 melody. Ive actually grown to like this song.i also put foam in for the first time in like 3 years and I gotta say it's actually pretty good. it's def an album made for vinyl side 2 is bangers and the first two on side one. Meet me on the roof and reenage teenage and oh yeah complete trash tho. Also it's sounds awesome as an instrumental album as well.thats what they should do insrrumentsld I stead of Billie writing disposable lyrics and singing in his high pitched voice now

• Like 2

The guy who directed their two videos so far is in Paris with them, maybe they’re getting a third video filmed there and that’s why they played a seemingly random show

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

3 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

The guy who directed their two videos so far is in Paris with them, maybe they’re getting a third video filmed there and that’s why they played a seemingly random show

If I'm not mistaken, getting is also responsible for putting together the Dookie set design that they used at the Freemont CC show in Vegas a couple weeks ago. Perhaps he is responsible for some more design elements for this show...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

If I'm not mistaken, getting is also responsible for putting together the Dookie set design that they used at the Freemont CC show in Vegas a couple weeks ago. Perhaps he is responsible for some more design elements for this show...

Damn that’s awesome - I definitely like his work then everything he’s brought to this era has been so awesome. Compare the videos now to like meet me on the roof

• Like 1

I thought I already shared his IG and wondered if he could be with them filming something more, I hope so.

3 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

I may have been lead to believe “Saviors” is very good.

Was that by person or persons unknown? 😂 

• Like 2

Fancy Sauce will transition between Green Day eras by Billie saying "come on Tre, pour some of that fancy sauce on it" and then everything will elevate to an Idiot style of production.    Mike will ask Pukey to puke on it and the handclapping begins.   Tre Cool tells Mike to pour some FS on it and it fluidly transistions to a Dookie sound.   14 eras in 4 minutes is tough, but it works out.  

• Haha 1

So LMNB has “all by myself” in it, we hear definite 21CBD vibes in ADIKM, could there be links like that through the whole album?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, jengd said:

So LMNB has “all by myself” in it, we hear definite 21CBD vibes in ADIKM, could there be links like that through the whole album?

With 15 tracks, they could have 1 song be linked to each of their 13 studio albums in some way + Stop Drop & Roll and Longshot. Not Network though since they're obviously not Green Day

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

With 15 tracks, they could have 1 song be linked to each of their 13 studio albums in some way + Stop Drop & Roll and Longshot. Not Network though since they're obviously not Green Day

That makes sense. Hmm....let's see what we have so far

The American Dream is Killing Me- 21st Century Breakdown

Look Ma, No Brains- The Longshot

1981- ¡DOS! (Based on the live version)

One Eyed Bastard- FOAM (Based on the leaked demo)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

That makes sense. Hmm....let's see what we have so far

The American Dream is Killing Me- 21st Century Breakdown

Look Ma, No Brains- The Longshot

1981- ¡DOS! (Based on the live version)

1981 does not sound like Dos to me at all. It doesn't fit with the lyrical themes of Dos (i.e. sex), doesn't sound garage rock. If anything, it sounds more like an Uno style track

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Flashback said:

I never talked about a similar Pink riff or Iggy Pop melody before. To me, it doesn't sound so much like So What. So please tell me more about why you are quoting my comment.

Could it maybe be because you claimed it's "clearly a demo" which was the first thing I commented on after quoting you? 🤦‍♂️ I then went on to talk about the relentless redundant comments I keep reading on here and referenced those.  Is it that difficult to understand?  

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

JFC

5 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

1981 does not sound like Dos to me at all. It doesn't fit with the lyrical themes of Dos (i.e. sex), doesn't sound garage rock. If anything, it sounds more like an Uno style track

Yeah, and the number of people on here saying OEB sounds like "FOAM production" because there's handclaps and piano... like I just can't. NOTHING about that song sounded like FOAM production.  I know someone already commented on people here not understanding what production and producing actually mean, but my god...

38 minutes ago, OldWhatsHisFace said:

Not sure why theres no thread for this show????? But this recording makes this song sound soooo much better 

It’s here:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, M1KEY said:

Could it maybe be because you claimed it's "clearly a demo" which was the first thing I commented on after quoting you? 🤦‍♂️ I then went on to talk about the relentless redundant comments I keep reading on here and referenced those.  Is it that difficult to understand? 

Yes it is, but I'll explain it to you. They started recording the album in late 2021 and the leak of OEB we know is from late 2020. Therefore this is not the version for the album but a demo. At your service for further questions :)

On 10/30/2023 at 6:32 PM, DonaldTrump said:

Does somebody know why billies vocals are so high? In my opinion, saviors is heading in the right direction with the vocals. 

But imagine the trilogy, rev rad and even foam with 2004 vocals.. can‘t he sing anymore in that way?

I love tadikm but listen to this….. its so much better 

https://youtu.be/RYYuavowom8?si=xpmMk9m9Pp50eFsJ

This sounds way worse than the original to me...

19 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Yes it is, but I'll explain it to you. They started recording the album in late 2021 and the leak of OEB we know is from late 2020. Therefore this is not the version for the album but a demo. At your service for further questions :)

Literally doesn't mean it's a demo. 🙄 

1 hour ago, OldWhatsHisFace said:

Not sure why theres no thread for this show????? But this recording makes this song sound soooo much better 

I've been regretting listing to the live debuts of the songs so far and not waiting for the studio versions. I did watch the 1981 video from months back but it's been a while and I'm gonna try and refrain from watching these from now on. The struggle is real.  LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M1KEY said:

JFC

Yeah, and the number of people on here saying OEB sounds like "FOAM production" because there's handclaps and piano... like I just can't. NOTHING about that song sounded like FOAM production.  I know someone already commented on people here not understanding what production and producing actually mean, but my god...

It's posts like this that make me wish we had a "care" react on here ... Sending hugs bud, sending hugs 

But yeah, just because the leaked version of oeb wasn't officially released that doesn't mean it's a demo, the earlier recording could be a finished product that was intended for a different project. If it was a demo then it probably would have been Billie playing every instrument.