New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

Father to son apparently is based on a letter Billie wrote to his late father while in therapy so I feel this will be indeed a single and beautifully done and potentially an overall cross appeal hit. 

• Like 1
  • Surprised 2

4 minutes ago, billy1986 said:

Father to son apparently is based on a letter Billie wrote to his late father while in therapy so I feel this will be indeed a single and beautifully done and potentially an overall cross appeal hit. 

I really think Father To a Son will be what we heard in that second teaser where Billie is playing those Beatles chords on his guitar

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I really think Father To a Son will be what we heard in that second teaser where Billie is playing those Beatles chords on his guitar

that teaser was one of the firsts right? mike said in the interview that father to a son was along with TADIKM the two last songs written & recorded. so i think we might be looking for a total unknow song, unteased until now at least

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, arthurhuan said:

that teaser was one of the firsts right? mike said in the interview that father to a son was along with TADIKM the two last songs written & recorded. so i think we might be looking for a total unknow song, unteased until now at least

Oh ok, I didn't listen to that interview yet. So then the song in that teaser probably has to be Goodnight Adeline

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Oh ok, I didn't listen to that interview yet. So then the song in that teaser probably has to be Goodnight Adeline

Absolutely has to be, no other option

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm thinking we might get the song Saviors as the next single since it's the title track, I'm guessing they might save a ballad for after the album is released 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

Absolutely has to be, no other option

I'm just trying to picture what Fancy Sauce could sound like

1 minute ago, Maddie86 said:

I'm thinking we might get the song Saviors as the next single since it's the title track, I'm guessing they might save a ballad for after the album is released 

Idk, they specifically mentioned TADIKM, Look Ma, and Father to a Son

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maddie86 said:

They actually do very well with ballads as singles some of their biggest hits are ballads

• Like 4

aight, hear me out, fancy sauce is the longest song on the album sitting at 4:01, how come? a sauce is a mixture of many things. fancy sauce will be a multi-part song that mixes up and features the many sounds and styles that have defined and influenced green day throughout the years (something akin to The Greatest Man That Ever Lived by Weezer). An epic journey that shows all of us that green day was, indeed, the fancy sauce all along. The full name of the song is Fancy Sauce (Green Day is)

• Like 4
  • Surprised 1

1 minute ago, Killjoy From Detroit said:

aight, hear me out, fancy sauce is the longest song on the album sitting at 4:01, how come? a sauce is a mixture of many things. fancy sauce will be a multi-part song that mixes up and features the many sounds and styles that have defined and influenced green day throughout the years (something akin to The Greatest Man That Ever Lived by Weezer). An epic journey that shows all of us that green day was, indeed, the fancy sauce all along. The full name of the song is Fancy Sauce (Green Day is)

Interesting concept

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, billy1986 said:

Where’d you hear that?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

i think it will be "Dilemma" just cause the word combines with the chords somehow 🤪

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They actually do very well with ballads as singles some of their biggest hits are ballads

Exactly, which is why I think they might release the ballad after the album is out, it could boost album sales after all the preorders are over

29 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I'm just trying to picture what Fancy Sauce could sound like

Idk, they specifically mentioned TADIKM, Look Ma, and Father to a Son

But they've also had singles with music videos for all of their title tracks... Warning, American Idiot, 21st Century Breakdown, RevRad, Father of all... Maybe Saviors won't be the next single, but I still think it will be one eventually 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billy1986 said:

I bet he still thinks the rain comes the stars

Fancy Sauce is the 'Homecoming' of this album. 4 part song 1 min each.

Just speculating.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

In what universe is it "clearly a demo?" I swear I get dumber every time I read a comment about OEB on this forum. So sick of reading about P!nk. Did you guys know Billie's riff is most likely different enough that they can't be sued? And it's sad all you talk about is the P!nk riff and the hand claps (who tf cares?!) and no one seems to have enough musical taste to mention or recognize Iggy Pop's "The Passenger" melody.

I'd applaud this post, but then it might be labeled a demo.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Idiot Forum got done dirty by their host and is no more. From Jason H (site owner):

“Our host was bought out by a different company and as a result, the server option used for the forum was discontinued. They were supposed to switch us to the new server on November 1st but they somehow screwed up the transfer and basically lost everything. I can restore our data if I start from scratch and then import a backup of the posts and users but that's not as easy as it sounds, it took a long time to configure the forum and set everything up and all of that is lost. Everything would need to be recreated, all the plugins I used are gone, etc. “

So tragically, it is no more. He is going to focus on other fan content TBA

Wow, that is shocking after all Jason’s work.  

1 hour ago, M1KEY said:

In what universe is it "clearly a demo?" I swear I get dumber every time I read a comment about OEB on this forum. So sick of reading about P!nk. Did you guys know Billie's riff is most likely different enough that they can't be sued? And it's sad all you talk about is the P!nk riff and the hand claps (who tf cares?!) and no one seems to have enough musical taste to mention or recognize Iggy Pop's "The Passenger" melody.

We did, or at least I did, on very first hearing, no need to be so harsh!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I think that will be goodnight adeline father to a son was one of the last recorded along with the American dream is killing me 

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think it's been proven the cross over hit songs are either mid tempo or ballads 

2 hours ago, M1KEY said:

I never talked about a similar Pink riff or Iggy Pop melody before. To me, it doesn't sound so much like So What. So please tell me more about why you are quoting my comment.

5 hours ago, billy1986 said:

Have you looked at the pure crap, currently on top of the billboard charts? it pretty much confirms people in the mainstream, only listen to the worst  type of music needless to say a rock band in their early 50s probably isn't gonna be appealing to these tone deaf idiots lol 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ekim said:

Have you looked at the pure crap, currently on top of the billboard charts? it pretty much confirms people in the mainstream, only listen to the worst  type of music needless to say a rock band in their early 50s probably isn't gonna be appealing to these tone deaf idiots lol 

https://youtu.be/5qgKmw5_V_Y?si=IsnEym-P9ySURqQF Hot garbage 

3 minutes ago, ekim said:

https://youtu.be/LkrjkXGj-Zg?si=On-YcRNQ9pQ-JWhU Here's the current crap in the top 10 

• Sad 1