New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

4 minutes ago, Lenny said:

SPRAY PAINT THE WALLS

Omg dude an instrumental track would be amazing. They haven’t done one in so long so this would be well received if done right.

The two they currently have are FAR from being the worst songs in the catalog. Although one guy on reddit tried to say Last Ride In was their worst song and he got a less than warm response from other users 

I get why Last Ride In and Espionage aren't exactly people's favourite GD songs ever. Last Ride In can sometimes seem like a bit of a chore or obligation to get through when listening through the whole album but they can definitely go a different route for an instrumental track. Panic Song has a 2 minute intro that has a fantastic build. The 2nd half of Chump is also great. These instrumental sections have really been missing from Green Day's 2000's work and would be cool to revisit while having its own unique elements or twists. Even song transitions is something we haven't really got since 21CB. The only one I can think of post-21CB off the top of my head is Bouncing off the Wall into Still Breathing. Maybe See You Tonight into Fuck Time too if you want to count that. But neither of those are really even worth mentioning

• Like 2

Nimrod was a really long album for them at the time. It's nice to have a sort of break in the middle when you're singing along. Gotta save those pipes for Haushinka, y'know?

Espionage is also one of my favorite songs, it's just such a flippin' jam

• Like 1

And in addition, I can't believe that a band, that is carefully waging each and every sound and instrument against the other, that takes much time to pick the right drums and cymbals, so that everything harmonizes with other elements, that they simply take a song which they recorded on their own in their own studio, and mix it with songs that were recorded with Rob Cavallo in different studios at least one year before and probably with different drum/instrument sounds. We will see when the album comes out, but I am very sure that they re-recorded OEB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flashback said:

And in addition, I can't believe that a band, that is carefully waging each and every sound and instrument against the other, that takes much time to pick the right drums and cymbals, so that everything harmonizes with other elements, that they simply take a song which they recorded on their own in their own studio, and mix it with songs that were recorded with Rob Cavallo in different studios at least one year before and probably with different drum/instrument sounds. We will see when the album comes out, but I am very sure that they re-recorded OEB.

That's what they did with Horseshoes & Handgrenades. They said that they recorded that in 2004, right? And then Vig had them re-record it for 21CB. Pretty sure it would've been changed for 21CB because the G-L-O-R-I-A's probably wouldn't have been there in 2004. Obviously the production sounds like 21CB too and not like it would've in 04

• Like 3

I know the album isnt out yet, but do you guys prefer 1972 or 'SAVIORS' as an album title in retrospect?

4 minutes ago, ekim said:

Well this proves billie still hates long songs lol 

Depends? 3 songs here are almost or over 4 minutes, when Billie was moreso referring to liking 1-2 minute punk songs like on FOAMF

• Like 1

The album length is totally fine, not too long, not too short

Songs that go over a 4-5min length can get boring very quick if they are not very well written

I hope they squeezed a lot of creative input in all those short songs (="less than 3 min songs"), and ofc some fast bpm songs and something more grounded/silent is appreciated, but after the first two singles i have a good hope for this album

I just hope they wont release too many songs before the release, but i have a feeling we get atleast OEB and 1981 as singles, maybe one before christmas in december, and one in january at some point

I just fear we wont get to listen to many of these 15 new songs on the next tour, so i really hope we get some kind of "normal" green day solo shows soon-ish after their summer tour

• Like 1

My prediction for a timeline:

The American Dream is Killing Me - October
Look Ma, No Brains! - November
One-Eyed Bastard or 1981 - December
Then a song on release day of the album.

IIRC Thats how their last few went? FOAMF had Father of All, then Fire Ready Aim, then Oh Yeah!, then we got Meet Me on The Roof on release day? And iirc RevRad was similar in that we had 3 singles and then a song on release day?

23 minutes ago, Jirachi said:

My prediction for a timeline:

The American Dream is Killing Me - October
Look Ma, No Brains! - November
One-Eyed Bastard or 1981 - December
Then a song on release day of the album.

IIRC Thats how their last few went? FOAMF had Father of All, then Fire Ready Aim, then Oh Yeah!, then we got Meet Me on The Roof on release day? And iirc RevRad was similar in that we had 3 singles and then a song on release day?

Would be nice if 1981 was not a single, too similar to LMNB. Also we’ve already heard OEB and I don’t hate it but if that’s the last single than I’m not sure this album will dominate the world

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

Would be nice if 1981 was not a single, too similar to LMNB. Also we’ve already heard OEB and I don’t hate it but if that’s the last single than I’m not sure this album will dominate the world

I may be reading into it too much, but looking at the titles and listening to the lyrics of the first two singles, I do think it’s likely that the 2nd half of the album is probably a lot better. If the songs are good enough, I don’t think it will matter if they aren’t singles. Green Day is popular enough where a really really good song doesn’t need to be a single for it to be at least semi-popular. They’ve said pretty much that the song 1981 is just supposed to a more modern take on the Green Day sound, but that most of the other songs are very different.

• Like 1

Just because the songs aren’t long doesn’t mean they can’t be multi part. American Eulogy isn’t much longer than 4 mins. I’m sure there will be some nice surprises music wise in there, I have faith in this record!

• Like 1

You guys are talking instrumentals?  Nice!   We could get a short song with multiple parts too.  

Last Ride In, Espionage, Tre Polka...

Would be interesting to have a new one.  An instrumental SINGLE!!!!!

57 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I don’t think either 1981 or OEB will be singles. I think the next single will be Father To A Son.  They’ve been talking about it alongside the other two and it makes all three releases as different as they can be to have wide appeal 

It makes sense too - I doubt they would re-release (per say) OEB or 1981 knowing there are versions of them already out there 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I don’t think either 1981 or OEB will be singles. I think the next single will be Father To A Son.  They’ve been talking about it alongside the other two and it makes all three releases as different as they can be to have wide appeal 

They talked about Father to A Son? Where did that happen? :shok:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, alecandstuff said:

They talked about Father to A Son? Where did that happen? :shok:

Mike mentioned it in an interview and iirc, and correct me if im wrong, a description that was temporarily up for the album said its a ballad about being a father while not having a father yourself, but it was deleted?

• Like 3

How come there’s no more Green Day.fm idiot forum anymore? Did…did we actually come out on top for once?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, suffoKate said:

How come there’s no more Green Day.fm idiot forum anymore? Did…did we actually come out on top for once?

you have to search for it, not sure why it's hard to find now. 

3 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

Songs that go over a 4-5min length can get boring very quick if they are not very well written

I hope they squeezed a lot of creative input in all those short songs (="less than 3 min songs"), and ofc some fast bpm songs and something more grounded/silent is appreciated, but after the first two singles i have a good hope for this album

I just hope they wont release too many songs before the release, but i have a feeling we get atleast OEB and 1981 as singles, maybe one before christmas in december, and one in january at some point

I just fear we wont get to listen to many of these 15 new songs on the next tour, so i really hope we get some kind of "normal" green day solo shows soon-ish after their summer tour

And judging by look ma no brains green day can do alot with 2 minutes and change 

I mean I thought the album would run between 38 to 40 minutes so 46 minutes is about the same as tre and revolution radio nimrod I'm cool with it 

43 minutes ago, Jirachi said:

Mike mentioned it in an interview and iirc, and correct me if im wrong, a description that was temporarily up for the album said its a ballad about being a father while not having a father yourself, but it was deleted?

I just hope he doesn't talk about how well joey turned out because we all know pedo joe is a pos 

23 minutes ago, suffoKate said:

19 minutes ago, That Dude said:

you have to search for it, not sure why it's hard to find now. 

Is it down just like how this place goes down every other month?

3 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

I think a ballad is likely coming next 

3 hours ago, Jankowski576 said:

Yeah I don't think oeb is gonna be a hit single unless they vastly improved what leaked in may, but judging by the running time I think it's probably the same version we already heard 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Is it down just like how this place goes down every other month?

Okay, now it's down.  Earlier today, I had to go to google and type in "green day dot fm forum" and it came up.   The site was up earlier but no forum.   weird.  

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Idiot Forum got done dirty by their host and is no more. From Jason H (site owner):

“Our host was bought out by a different company and as a result, the server option used for the forum was discontinued. They were supposed to switch us to the new server on November 1st but they somehow screwed up the transfer and basically lost everything. I can restore our data if I start from scratch and then import a backup of the posts and users but that's not as easy as it sounds, it took a long time to configure the forum and set everything up and all of that is lost. Everything would need to be recreated, all the plugins I used are gone, etc. “

So tragically, it is no more. He is going to focus on other fan content TBA

Wow!! He should consider merging with us here!!!

• Like 3