New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

9 hours ago, Clockwise said:

He said they went to London multiple times though, could he have been on one of the trips?

Yeah I think he just missed the first trip

• Like 1

Since Kevin Preston can be seen in this teaser, does anyone think he may be on this record as the 4th Green Day member?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Since Kevin Preston can be seen in this teaser, does anyone think he may be on this record as the 4th Green Day member?

No. At least not based on what we know now. Someone posted the album credits a ways back, and Kevin isn’t credited. 

Mike said in his latest interview that, during the writing process  the band got into a room and arranged the songs by playing through them. It’s possible that Kevin was present for some of those arrangements. Or, that clip was taken during a rehearsal/practice leading up to a show.

• Like 4

None of the teasers have been copyright claimed yet.  Which is great.  Thanks Green Day for allowing I and others to profit from the dead corpse of 1972, haha.   

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ekim said:

Ok which one of you bastards removed the tracklist from Wikipedia?

I undid the removal

I think cause the band hasn't officially announced it, people keep removing it even though it's been leaked by credible sources

15 minutes ago, A Worry Rock said:

The album length is 45:55 according to Qobuz.

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/saviors-green-day/qq8o9smt7wfdc

No epic JOS/Homecoming style multi-part song! In fact, the longest track on the album is just 4 minutes long. 

EDIT: and it's Fancy Sauce of all songs :lol:

EDIT2: Bad news, OEB is as long as when leaked, both giving credibility to this source and significantly reducing the likelihood of a major rework. 

EDIT3: More bad news, 1981 is as short as in the Quebec live performance. Bummer. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

But the songs aren't all really short like most of FOAMF. That should mean that they're more complete songs even if there aren't any long/multi-part songs. 9/15 songs are at least 3 minutes long. And another 3 are almost 3 minutes long. I'm ok with that

This site should be credible, right? Cause it's a music store

1) Agreed, most songs appear to be 3-4 minutes long, which is not a bed length at all. It's rather reminiscent of how long Green Day songs used to be before American Idiot. I'm just still sad there isn't a multi-part song and that the album isn't longer overall, though maybe that's not such a bad thing after all.

2) OEB is the same length as in the leak, so yeah, seems credible. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MillenniumFan said:

OEB is the same length as in the leak, so yeah, seems credible. 

1981 also is similar length to the live performance

People really want to remove the tracklist from the Saviors wikipedia page. The 2nd time today I've had to undo someone removing it. 2 different people too

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ekim said:

Ok which one of you bastards removed the tracklist from Wikipedia?

I can get one up really quick if you need one to be there! I'm ready to login in right now!  I will have to put my electric guitar down, I was recording "LOOK LENNY, MY ARM!"  

If it's going to be included in the album, it's 1:40.   Produced by Buddy Homer.  Guitars and vocals by a man.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

1981 also is similar length to the live performance

People really want to remove the tracklist from the Saviors wikipedia page. The 2nd time today I've had to undo someone removing it. 2 different people too

I think it might be people from Reprise / Warner or the band, though who knows. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

More bad news, 1981 is as short as in the Quebec live performance. Bummer. 

Why do people thoughts it was gonna be longer? Clearly it was the full song.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

EDIT2: Bad news, OEB is as long as when leaked, both giving credibility to this source and significantly reducing the likelihood of a major rework. 

I wasn't expecting a major rework. As long as the main guitar riff has been changed to not be a Pink ripoff, Billie sounds more like he does on TADIKM and less like FOAMF and the hand claps fuck off, I'm ok with this track. 

• Like 2

Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

I wasn't expecting a major rework. As long as the main guitar riff has been changed to not be a Pink ripoff, Billie sounds more like he does on TADIKM and less like FOAMF and the hand claps fuck off, I'm ok with this track. 

I don't see that happening though. Something tells me the riff will be exactly the same. I hope I'm wrong ofc, although I'm more worried about the handclaps tbh. 

I cannot see those adding anything to song and I desperately hope they've been removed. 

So it's one of their longer album.   Only Nimrod, Idiot, Breakdown and Tre are longer.  

1 minute ago, MillenniumFan said:

I don't see that happening though. Something tells me the riff will be exactly the same. I hope I'm wrong ofc, although I'm more worried about the handclaps tbh. 

I cannot see those adding anything to song and I desperately hope they've been removed. 

Clearly the band and the people involved know that the guitar riff is blatantly just Pink's So What, right? Ik the band have sampled stuff and credit artists when they do that but are they really going to do it again here. Is Billie even a Pink fan? Doesn't seem like the kind of artist that would influence him

• Like 1

Green Day's Top 5 Longest Albums: 

Breakdown – 69 minutes

IDIOT – 57 MINTUTES

Nimrod – 49 minutes

Tre – 46 minutes

Saviours 45 minutes. 

So...nothing to complain about, right?  Living in the 20s might blow by like a FOAM track, but other than than it's mostly 3 minutes songs.    I mean, I've been BEGGING for Mike Dirnt or Tre vocals and a 20 minute song for years but I haven't really called up Reprise and asked them, have I?  So I can't complain.     If you'll excuse me, I have a phone call to make......

• Like 2

Well Tre Cool did taggued Pink on an instagram story a long time ago and we still don't know why :P

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I can get one up really quick if you need one to be there! I'm ready to login in right now!  I will have to put my electric guitar down, I was recording "LOOK LENNY, MY ARM!"  

If it's going to be included in the album, it's 1:40.   Produced by Buddy Homer.  Guitars and vocals by a man.  

Yes sir can you add the track length and running time as well?