New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Now I'm wondering if Look Ma, No Brains was a completely different song at the time we heard this first teaser.

Obviously, the music is the same, but I can't hear the "Woah, woah" in the single

I don't hear Look Ma in this teaser at all

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It's had many lives.  I actually finished the lyrics to "Look Lenny, My Arm!"   and might record it soon.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

It's literally the chorus!!

I don't want to be one of those people setting expectations way too high here.. But what if it's a different song nearer the end of the record and it's kind of a callback to LMNB?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

I don't want to be one of those people setting expectations way too high here.. But what if it's a different song nearer the end of the record and it's kind of a callback to LMNB?

What if the entire record sounds like Look Ma, No Brain??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That teaser does sound the slightest bit different. The A chord is an octave higher than in Look Ma. Of course it could have just been transformed since that video was uploaded

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

That teaser does sound the slightest bit different. The A chord is an octave higher than in Look Ma. Of course it could have just been transformed since that video was uploaded

I wonder if everything they initially recorded in London was all re-recorded in LA. But then we were told they went back to London. I also remember hearing their first London sessions were without Mike as he recorded his bass parts remotely, as there were still Covid vaccine travel restrictions in 2021.

Green Day owe us some missed singles, about 7 by my count.  So if they release 12 this time around, we will be square. 

2 hours ago, dudley dawson said:

Yeah I ordered the pink galaxy one but then also ordered the pink and green because I also think it looks cooler 😂. But I’m torn because the galaxy is more limited (and I don’t want both) 😅.

I guess it depends on how much of a collector you are. Personally I'm not trying to get all colors. I'm not interested and I can't swing financially. So I usually go with the design I like the most. I may grab the saviors deluxe down the line because of the poster and gatefold but usually my goal is to get whatever new album on CD and vinyl.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I guess it depends on how much of a collector you are. Personally I'm not trying to get all colors. I'm not interested and I can't swing financially. So I usually go with the design I like the most. I may grab the saviors deluxe down the line because of the poster and gatefold but usually my goal is to get whatever new album on CD and vinyl.

I would have absolutely gone with the deluxe had it been anything other than black (sigh, I'm a sucker for a good variant), but it feels by design this way to entice people to buy it along with one of the colored editions. I'm also considering canceling both of the store copies and just going with the standard indie exclusive since it can be had significantly cheaper (and I have no interest in any of the solid color store exclusives...borrring). First world problems!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I wonder if everything they initially recorded in London was all re-recorded in LA. But then we were told they went back to London. I also remember hearing their first London sessions were without Mike as he recorded his bass parts remotely, as there were still Covid vaccine travel restrictions in 2021.

Was Mike not vaccinated and couldn’t travel?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Greenday_Aussie said:

They could Offspring'd his butt.  😄 

• Haha 1

For those who pre-ordered the album.  Did you get a link to download the singles that are currently out?  Or they don't offer that this time around?

17 minutes ago, Greenday_Aussie said:

No, I think he did get vaccinated. I'm 99% sure that it was confirmed that all the bands and their guests that came with them needed to be vaccinated on the hella mega tour 2021. That's why Brittney was never there. They couldn't risk cancelling shows if someone got sick.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, greenday.stuff said:

No, I think he did get vaccinated. I'm 99% sure that it was confirmed that all the bands and their guests that came with them needed to be vaccinated on the hella mega tour 2021. That's why Brittney was never there. They couldn't risk cancelling shows if someone got sick.

So was he there in London all along?

17 minutes ago, Virtuous Xman said:

For those who pre-ordered the album.  Did you get a link to download the singles that are currently out?  Or they don't offer that this time around?

Nope nothing.

Just now, dudley dawson said:

Nope nothing.

wow that's that garbage and rice.  Every other time we pre-ordered the albums we got downloads for the singles.  😡

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

So was he there in London all along?

I think he joined them later when the restrictions were dropped. He wasn’t there the first time in October because Brittney couldn’t go, it’s presumed because while the others were posting from London, the Dirnts were posting from Austin (a closer time zone where he was likely remoting his contributions in) 

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think he joined them later when the restrictions were dropped. He wasn’t there the first time in October because Brittney couldn’t go, it’s presumed because while the others were posting from London, the Dirnts were posting from Austin (a closer time zone where he was likely remoting his contributions in) 

I can't wait to see the interviews where they explain the recording process. Hopefully they touch on this

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I can't wait to see the interviews where they explain the recording process. Hopefully they touch on this

It’s a pretty private matter I doubt he’ll talk about it. He already ignored it in the new podcast, just talking about how they all went to London. That’s fine though, it’s really not important 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s a pretty private matter I doubt he’ll talk about it. He already ignored it in the new podcast, just talking about how they all went to London. That’s fine though, it’s really not important 

They hid it pretty well because Mike can be seen at the end of the first RAK teaser

• Like 1

He said they went to London multiple times though, could he have been on one of the trips?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

What new podcast?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clockwise said:

He said they went to London multiple times though, could he have been on one of the trips?

There are plenty of videos on TikTok from the second trip. Like the one where they say, "Making records!" "FUCK YEAH!" "This is what we do!!!!"

• Like 3