New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

10 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Idk why we're trying to determine whether a song will be good or a good closer based solely on its song title

This. 

7 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

3rd single should probably be 1981. It's not a great track or anything but I don't want to hear any more new songs til the album comes out. We've already heard 4, we don't need any more before the album release. I just want to hear 1981 or OEB with the new production. 1981 is probably more likely to be a single than OEB. OEB sounds more like an album track, not a single. Besides, 1981's already been teased in the TADIKM music video, it just seems more likely to me than not that we'll be getting 1981 as a single

We don't know for sure OEB has new production. 

40 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

LOL Tell me you don't work in film without telling me you don't work in film.

Why are you giving him a hard time? He just asked a question.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Why are you giving him a hard time? He just asked a question.

The irony! 🤣

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, M1KEY said:

We don't know for sure OEB has new production. 

Bet you my favourite guitar pick that it will

8 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Bet you my favourite guitar pick that it will

I'm not saying it won't, just that we don't know for sure. I expect it probably does, and I'm hoping it does simply because I want to be surprised and hear something (sort of) new.

Side note: I'd never wager my favourite guitar pick on anything!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Idk why we're trying to determine whether a song will be good or a good closer based solely on its song title

It does feel kind of like Saviors will be a huge epic blowout, and then Fancy Sauce will be.....something else.    Kind of like Prothestichead following up Good Riddance.   WHYYYY?    But yeah, I don't think Fancy Sauce will be a stupid or jokey song, we'll see.    It could be the epic!  

• Like 2

Father to Son I think will be the next and biggest single/video…based on the attention it has gotten and subject matter…1981 being played live doesn’t mean it’s a single they played Armatge Shanks at the VMAS and it wasn’t a single, they played 86 on Letterman they wasn’t a single they play album tracks at times such as Church on Sunday when Warning came out so 1981 isn’t a guaranteed single or video in my view 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, billy1986 said:

Father to Son I think will be the next and biggest single/video…based on the attention it has gotten and subject matter…1981 being played live doesn’t mean it’s a single they played Armatge Shanks at the VMAS and it wasn’t a single, they played 86 on Letterman they wasn’t a single they play album tracks at times such as Church on Sunday when Warning came out so 1981 isn’t a guaranteed single or video in my view 

Yeahi agree I think it's a safe bet the next single will be one of the ballads I'm leaning towards father to a Son 

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

It does feel kind of like Saviors will be a huge epic blowout, and then Fancy Sauce will be.....something else.    Kind of like Prothestichead following up Good Riddance.   WHYYYY?    But yeah, I don't think Fancy Sauce will be a stupid or jokey song, we'll see.    It could be the epic!  

I think saviors will be the epic ending then fancy sauce will be something short and weird 

• Like 1

This is an incredible interview. He even mentions firing on all cylinders 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I do like how it's called the Saviors Tour. Looks like we will be getting a more traditional tour where they probably will actually play the new songs and not another Hella Mega tour. Idk if we can expect all the songs to be played, for RevRad they only really played 5-6 of them regularly and 4 didn't get played at all. And this album has more tracks than RevRad so I think it is quite likely that there are at least a couple that don't get played at all.

I think part of me is a bit worried about the album. I think it will probably be a solid release, idk if it will be a genuinely great release though. TADIKM is a good song. LMNB is a good song. The production and diversity of the tracks we've gotten are good signs to me. But none of the songs we've heard are songs that I'm in love with. If these are the best songs on the album, idk what I'll think of the rest. Mike seemed to be genuinely really excited about the album in that interview though. I'm just a bit conflicted, I think. As long as it's better than FOAMF, which it's looking to be, I think I'll be satisfied enough

• Like 1

Omg no more vinyl variants please! I already had to ask Warner to cancel my order to get a different version of the record 🤣

Loving it so far although I did just have the realisation that I like Holy Toledo more than both of these singles 🤔 But this time of year I'm always craving some uplifting hottubs style music to combat life in cold and rainy England so that might have something to do with that

2 hours ago, The Grohl said:

Omg no more vinyl variants please! I already had to ask Warner to cancel my order to get a different version of the record 🤣

Which did you cancel and go with??

2 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Which did you cancel and go with??

I originally ordered the black ice and pink one, but I swapped it out for the pink and green one. That was the one I was waiting for because it was teased in a press release. Plus it looks cooler.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I originally ordered the black ice and pink one, but I swapped it out for the pink and green one. That was the one I was waiting for because it was teased in a press release. Plus it looks cooler.

Yeah I ordered the pink galaxy one but then also ordered the pink and green because I also think it looks cooler 😂. But I’m torn because the galaxy is more limited (and I don’t want both) 😅.

• Like 1

Now I'm wondering if Look Ma, No Brains was a completely different song at the time we heard this first teaser.

Obviously, the music is the same, but I can't hear the "Woah, woah" in the single

• Like 2