New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

9 hours ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

does anyone know if the 2 other songs beside OEB are on the record (fever? DJD or what its called?) love them both.. i mean i love the few seconds of both

DJD? 

4 minutes ago, DonaldTrump said:

DJD? 

One eyed bastard was written and recorded after foam was released idk about the other two the snippets they sound very pop I seriously doubt they will appear on this album 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ekim said:

worst interviewer ever! 

Where did Amazon find this idiot? she literally acts like she knows nothing about green day didn't ask them about any details about the new album nothing!

They should have terrified her like in the sidewalks interview.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, DonaldTrump said:

DJD? 

DAMN JUVINILE DUDE!  Dude Jokes Dumb!  They were trying to slander me but I wouldn't let it leak.  

If we get more songs before the album, I hope it's the ones we've already heard so a ton won't be spoiled. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, That Dude said:

If we get more songs before the album, I hope it's the ones we've already heard so a ton won't be spoiled. 

They could literally release 4 and still have 11 left for the release that's what's cool about having 15 tracks on the new album 

• Like 2

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

So, will Look Ma, No Brains be released right at midnight tomorrow night or will it be another 10 am release?

Likely midnight eastern, the last release was to coincide with the video premiere

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alecandstuff said:

Likely midnight eastern, the last release was to coincide with the video premiere

Are you sure we're not getting a video for this?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Maybe a lyric video? Though it would likely be more of an accessory to the song itself. Modern day album cycles get like 3-5 song releases before an album and videos are announced ahead of time so probably the same here

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Flynn said:

i really hope they don't play any more new songs man

We'll probably get a 3rd single before the album

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

We'll probably get a 3rd single before the album

Is LMNB going to be a promo single only or 2nd main single from the album?

3rd single should probably be 1981. It's not a great track or anything but I don't want to hear any more new songs til the album comes out. We've already heard 4, we don't need any more before the album release. I just want to hear 1981 or OEB with the new production. 1981 is probably more likely to be a single than OEB. OEB sounds more like an album track, not a single. Besides, 1981's already been teased in the TADIKM music video, it just seems more likely to me than not that we'll be getting 1981 as a single

• Like 3

So far, the only thing that concerns me about this new album is the repetition in the choruses. I understand why TADIKM has a repetitive chorus - it's the first single, it needs to be catchy, and that chorus just clicks. But the other three songs we've heard also have repetitive choruses. In the case of LMNB the lyrics don't repeat, but everything else does. Then there's 1981 where the same lyrics are repeated four times. And OEB is even worse cause it's not even lyrics, just 'bada-bing-bada-bing-bada-boom' on repeat.

I don't mind a bit of repetition, many great Green Day songs have that element and that's perfectly fine (86 comes to mind). But 4 out of 4 is a bit concerning. I'm hoping it's just a coincidence and that these are the only four songs on the album with this chorus structure lol

I wonder which song is the one that's supposed to be interesting like Letterbomb is interesting? 👀

I also don’t want to listen to too many songs before the album comes out but i think it’s much more important for the 3rd single to simply choose a song that is great.

Father to son sounds like it could be great from the description.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I honestly think people focus way too much on the "repetition". These songs really aren't that repetitive, at least not really any more than you'd expect from Green Day.

The LMNB chorus only plays twice in the entire song and the pre-chorus also only plays twice (and the first time is only half the length of the 2nd). And like you said, none of the lines in the chorus (or pre-chorus) repeat

TADIKM chorus plays 4 times, but the 2nd time is cut short and there are multiple switch ups in the song with the slow section after the 2nd chorus and a 3rd verse, which we don't often get. The pre-chorus also changes up every time it comes

The Bada bings in OEB make up quite a small amount of the whole song. 1981 is the only one where I'd say "Yep that is just repetitive" but again no more so than so many songs from American Idiot onwards.

I don't think the songs themselves are repetitive, I really like how TADIKM and LMNB switch things up throughout the song, like you said. But I do miss more interesting choruses.

I was listening to American Idiot yesterday and damn, the choruses are so much better overall. Think the title track, Jesus of Suburbia, Holiday... Even BOBD, which has 3 lines with the same melody, changes the last one to make it more dramatic. I think the only song in that album that has a repetitive chorus is Are We the Waiting. All the others have something different in the melody of their chorus. And now that I think about it, even Are We the Waiting switches between "And screaming" and "unknown" to punctuate the lines.

Again, it's not a problem to have repetitive choruses sometimes ("Home, we're coming home again" is fucking epic). It's just that all the four songs that came out have choruses that are just the same melody (or sometimes the same lyrics) repeated 2 to 4 times. All I'm saying is, I personally hope that doesn't remain the same for the rest of the record.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Did they not record a video at that secret show?

On 10/30/2023 at 7:47 PM, MillenniumFan said:

I love TADIKM but I'm also an absolute sucker for 2004 Billie vocals. They just gave the songs more... idk... weight? 

As for why his voice changed, I suppose that's just ageing tbh. He sounds different live as well, if you compare live performances from then and in later years, it's quite noticeable. That's why I'm also a sucker for 2000-2005 live performances. But yeah, some people's voices just get deeper with age, others more high-pitched, some more nasal, others raspier etc. It's usually a combination of genetic and environmental factors. But anyhow, it's not something he or anyone else can control.

As it stands, I'm still happy he's able to sing rather well. That's not a given. For instance, I love Dave Grohl and adore the Foos, but in recent years hearing that guy desperately and rather forcefully trying to extract the same strength of voice as in previous years is just kinda sad.

Billie sometimes struggles, yes, but for a guy in his 50s with a past of severe alcohol (and substance) abuse he's doing pretty well all things considered. 

We can't turn back time, so let's just savour the present :)

You are 100% right bro👍🏻

i am a sucker for the 2000-2005 performances too.. lol 

Since i heard this clip during the revrad tour i always wondered why he does not sing more often in a deeper voice, i am sure he can still do it. Watch from minute 06:30 -> just awesome. I just think he prefers singing in higher tones these days 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DonaldTrump said:

Since i heard this clip during the revrad tour i always wondered why he does not sing more often in a deeper voice, i am sure he can still do it. Watch from minute 06:30 -> just awesome. I just think he prefers singing in higher tones these days 

You're mixing up the timbre of his singing voice and the actual pitch he's singing. Here he sings that part an octave below where it should be on the the album, so yeah it'll sound lower. But nowadays it seems he generally can't produce the kind of 'full' tone that he used to when singing the same songs in the same keys - at least not throughout a 2 hour live show.

I do find it weird that for a little bit there it seemed like we were hearing Billie falling into a fuller, chestier voice on things like the Welcome to My Panic acoustic sessions (listen the KYE intro below), as well as some of the 2020 Network stuff, and yet now so far it seems like we're back to the RevRad-esque voice.

I suppose that's because they want to make sure they can perform the songs live as close to the record as possible, but I do wonder if we'll hear any more of that on the rest of the album.

Sidenote here, did we ever figure out who was singing the verses in Cancer is the New Black? Some were saying it was Billie putting on a voice but I still have a hunch it's Mike, or at the very least Billie and Mike layered together.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

You're mixing up the timbre of his singing voice and the actual pitch he's singing. Here he sings that part an octave below where it should be on the the album, so yeah it'll sound lower. But nowadays it seems he generally can't produce the kind of 'full' tone that he used to when singing the same songs in the same keys - at least not throughout a 2 hour live show.

I do find it weird that for a little bit there it seemed like we were hearing Billie falling into a fuller, chestier voice on things like the Welcome to My Panic acoustic sessions (listen the KYE intro below), as well as some of the 2020 Network stuff, and yet now so far it seems like we're back to the RevRad-esque voice.

I suppose that's because they want to make sure they can perform the songs live as close to the record as possible, but I do wonder if we'll hear any more of that on the rest of the album.

Sidenote here, did we ever figure out who was singing the verses in Cancer is the New Black? Some were saying it was Billie putting on a voice but I still have a hunch it's Mike, or at the very least Billie and Mike layered together.

On Cancer is the New Black, it sounds to me like Billie and Mike are trading off with each other i.e. Mike singing one line followed by Billie etc. Idk, it doesn't sound like they're singing together

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

On Cancer is the New Black, it sounds to me like Billie and Mike are trading off with each other i.e. Mike singing one line followed by Billie etc. Idk, it doesn't sound like they're singing together

Yeah I said that from memory but on listening again it does just sound like one voice double tracked left right. Still not 100% sure whether that deeper voice is Billie or Mike, but I've always leant towards Mike and then Billie pretty obviously comes in up the middle with 'sending an army to the whole wide world' or whatever the line is