New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

“Bulldoze your family home, now it’s a condo!”

This delivers the same message as “They paved paradise to put up a parking lot.” from Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell

I would've preferred tear down the family's home to build a condo 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I take that line as people will throw their morals down the sewer drain to achieve the 'American Dream.'

Ding ding! We have a winner!!

• Like 2

After many, many listens my favorite line is: ”did you ever learn to read the ransom note?”

Don’t you know that you’re suppose to be a wage slave to the rich and give up on the “American Dream”?

Edited by roushgreenday1fan
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, roushgreenday1fan said:

After many, many listens my favorite line is: ”did you ever learn to read the ransom note?”

same but i'm always singing Did you ever learn to read or write so well

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, ekim said:

https://youtu.be/g8PPugsQWwM?si=7hIWRUktY1TELlAl wow listened to billie from foam era and than listened to American dream the difference in his voice is astounding 

It's also Butch Walker production vs. Rob Cavallo

I just thought of something. Since we're getting the Look Ma, No Brains single this week, do you think we're also getting a music video? I wonder when that one would've been filmed. Could it be a continuation of the American Dream is Killing Me video and filmed on the same night? Because 5 PM to 3 AM seems like an awful long time to just be working on 1 video.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I just thought of something. Since we're getting the Look Ma, No Brains single this week, do you think we're also getting a music video? I wonder when that one would've been filmed. Could it be a continuation of the American Dream is Killing Me video and filmed on the same night? Because 5 PM to 3 AM seems like an awful long time to just be working on 1 video.

Doubt it. We might get a lyric video

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Could be but I'm leaning towards a lyric video for this one I think the next single will be a ballad either goodnight adeline or father to a son 

• Like 2

Does somebody know why billies vocals are so high? In my opinion, saviors is heading in the right direction with the vocals. 

But imagine the trilogy, rev rad and even foam with 2004 vocals.. can‘t he sing anymore in that way?

I love tadikm but listen to this….. its so much better 

https://youtu.be/RYYuavowom8?si=xpmMk9m9Pp50eFsJ

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, devilskind92 said:

I don't like how they basically replaced the amazing falsetto part with regular singing, completely butchering what is my favorite part of the song. And I'm not into the fact that someone took their work, modified it with AI, and now some people are saying this is better than what the band is putting out for real. Kinda lame if ya ask me.

It is cool only as an exercise of imagining what some songs would sound like if they were made in different eras, but that's about it.

I bet you‘re fun at parties haha 

come on, i was just fangirling about his deep vocals 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, devilskind92 said:

I don't like how they basically replaced the amazing falsetto part with regular singing, completely butchering what is my favorite part of the song. And I'm not into the fact that someone took their work, modified it with AI, and now some people are saying this is better than what the band is putting out for real. Kinda lame if ya ask me.

It is cool only as an exercise of imagining what some songs would sound like if they were made in different eras, but that's about it.

Yeah I like billie's vocals as is they wanna fix something try songs from father of all that's the album that could use some pitch correctness billie's falsetto sounds awesome on American dream 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DonaldTrump said:

I bet you‘re fun at parties haha 

come on, i was just fangirling about his deep vocals 

lol Fair enough, his vocals in the 2000s were amazing indeed, can't top that

I just felt icky about the use of AI

10 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Minor correction, but it really isn't falsetto other than for about 10-15% of that section. He actually sings it in his mixed voice on the album track. Live, he has been leaning more towards falsetto because it is much more difficult to control your mixed voice in that setting.

True, but... I mean, that's still "the falsetto part" of the song haha

• Like 2

Hot Topic preorder is finally live, for those wanting that particular variant...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, That Dude said:

You never know how Fancy Sauce could sound.   Fancy Sauce could be a chilling memory of a last moment with a loved one or something crazy like that.    It might not be a joke song.  They might not say the title at all.   

I hope so. I always expect the best from Green Day :) 

22 hours ago, AlienVisitor said:

I am pretty sure there's a song each written by Tre and Mike on the album...

Remember this is an album about their 30+ years and they've thrown everything in about their journey together.

That would be wonderful. And even sing a bit. 

7 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

I miss his deep AI voice, too.

Oh, this ^ ^ ^ me too

I love all eras but f Billie’s vocal tone but my favorite sounding era of s Insomniac era so angry so raw that’s my favorite Billie sound 

• Like 2